Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Sidious vs Darth Caedus

Wolfninjajedi
12.15.2013 , 10:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, speed, speed, speed!
It's a very big factor in a fight, which is why I am trying to assertain Caedus' true speed in combat.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
12.15.2013 , 10:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
It's a very big factor in a fight, which is why I am trying to assertain Caedus' true speed in combat.
Well there was that time when he easily schooled Katarn and co.

I'd wager speed was a major factor there.

Wolfninjajedi
12.15.2013 , 10:14 AM | #23
Well there was that time when he easily schooled Katarn and co.

I'd wager speed was a major factor there.
Well how fast is Kyle?

S_W_LeGenD
12.15.2013 , 12:23 PM | #24
Well, Exar Kun subdued Luke in the form of a spirit. In addition, a powerful Dark Jedi also outclassed Luke in single combat (Interestingly, Luke was already incredibly powerful at this point). These events indicate that powerful dark side practitioners can hold their own in combat situations in general; they are not hindered by mindset or morally conflicted about things.

I am not going to vouch for Caedus in this contest. He did hurt Luke but the latter (Luke) attempted to subdue the former (Caedus) with his martial skills which did not turn out to be a good decision on Luke's part. Caedus is powerful and such but he is not so damn powerful that he poses a significant threat to likes of Sidious. Their would be several Sith Lords or dark side practitioners that are possibly stronger then Caedus.

Mythos itself is plagued with inconsistencies in its presentation of characters, thanks to stylistic differences, author induced bias and other factors.

Selenial
12.15.2013 , 12:29 PM | #25
Each of the Legacy of the Force writers had their Bias towards characters, we all see it. It's hard to put any of the characters on one standing, but to be honest, here, i'd go Sidious.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
12.15.2013 , 01:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Each of the Legacy of the Force writers had their Bias towards characters, we all see it. It's hard to put any of the characters on one standing, but to be honest, here, i'd go Sidious.
One of the biggest problems with post-ROTJ is the writers. The number of writers to be precise. You get conflicting personalities, inconsistent abilities, etc.
Added Chapter 53 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Xakthul
12.15.2013 , 02:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
One of the biggest problems with post-ROTJ is the writers. The number of writers to be precise. You get conflicting personalities, inconsistent abilities, etc.
Zahn is the only really consistent EU writer. It's kinda sad.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Selenial
12.15.2013 , 02:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Too many cooks spoil the broth!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
12.15.2013 , 04:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well how fast is Kyle?
Considering he is a Battlemaster I'd assume him to be impressive, at the very least it demonstrates Caedus to be considerably superior to your above average Jed.

And really I think there is a direct correlation between speed and Force ability - which simplifies the problem.

Wolfninjajedi
12.15.2013 , 05:33 PM | #30
Considering he is a Battlemaster I'd assume him to be impressive, at the very least it demonstrates Caedus to be considerably superior to your above average Jed.

And really I think there is a direct correlation between speed and Force ability - which simplifies the problem.
You know what happens when we start assuming things Beni. :P Anyway still gonna wait on actual speed feats for Caedus...that are consistant.