Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FYI registration problem

Roxt
12.22.2011 , 03:19 PM | #1
I still don't know why, but for some reason internet explorer was blocking me from correctly entering registration codes or posting to the forum. When I tried to enter my registration key it would send me back to swtor.com instead of moving on to the next step. After 5 days trying to get customer service to help with my problem (I didn't know what was causing it, still don't) I got an email saying everything was ok and I should be good to go... but nothing was fixed.

After blowing up, and cursing at my computer for a few minutes I wrote a scathing reply about the complete lack of help etc.

Just before I hit send, I got this weird idea... maybe, just maybe it was a problem with my computer not swtor.com, so I borrowed a friends laptop for a few minutes and sure enough I was able to use all the functions that didn't work for me before (registered, added billing, etc).

I've never had that problem with other sites using IE, and if I switch to a different browser (Firefox in this case) there is no problem. I also didn't have any problems up to the end of the late November Beta.

Hope this is helpful if anyone else has this problem.