Linking to Origin

LightsaberBrad

Hey everyone,

I recently installed win 8.1 and backed up my SWTOR folder and copied it to a new "games" hard drive i put in to the new rig. When i first downloaded the game i had no idea it was a part of Origin. So i wanted to add it to my origin account (for the rewards etc) but i have no idea how to add it. Manually adding the launcher registers the game as a "non-origin game".

is there a way to successfully add SWTOR to my origin account? It's more for the cosmetics to be honest but would be nice to centralize my Origin games.

thanks!

Brad

• 1 month later...
Your account you use to login to this game is automatically an Origin account. So if you used the same email as you use for other EA/Origin games, you should see SWTOR in the Origin launcher (I do) Edited by Aries_cz

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem, but I haven't found any solution to it. I have asked on EA forums, but still no real answer that could fix it. :/

I have this problem:

I have created SW:tOR account before I knew it is Origin game (early autumn 2013). Then I have created Origin 6 months later (late spring 2014), but there was no SW:tOR in my game library. Then I found SW:tOR in Origin store, added it to my library but when I start it redirects me here on swtor.com to download it (but I already have SW:tOR installed). So I have decided to uninstall SW:tOR and again install it via Origin, but then it reverts me back to the starting point of problem. :/

I have the same problem, but I haven't found any solution to it. I have asked on EA forums, but still no real answer that could fix it. :/

I have this problem:

I have created SW:tOR account before I knew it is Origin game (early autumn 2013). Then I have created Origin 6 months later (late spring 2014), but there was no SW:tOR in my game library. Then I found SW:tOR in Origin store, added it to my library but when I start it redirects me here on swtor.com to download it (but I already have SW:tOR installed). So I have decided to uninstall SW:tOR and again install it via Origin, but then it reverts me back to the starting point of problem. :/

1) Amazing job actually doing the search before creating a new post. This makes you part of a VERY small group.

2) Did you try this? Its not listed in the steps of things you tried even though its in the OP.

3) I have, in the past, grabbed the launcher and started it up. Once the "download" was started, exited it and copied over the game folder then restarted the launcher. It ran a verify check then downloaded the updates rather than the whole game. Maybe that will work for you.

Edited by FlyingUsPoo

I didn't even install swtor through origin (it's not even installed on the same drive as my origin games) yet I can see it in origin and when I click play it opens without redownloading.

I'm guessing if you can't see it in origin either you are using a different email address when you made your swtor account or there's some other account issue you need to resolve with EA.