Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Up-dates that are not true to the genre.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Up-dates that are not true to the genre.

Atamasama's Avatar


Atamasama
12.05.2013 , 10:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
So they added something to the game that wasn't catered specifically to you and you are quitting because of it.

Congratulations, you won most selfish person in the history of ever.
There's nothing selfish about leaving the game because you no longer want to play. That's just sensible.

On the other hand, I love Galactic Starfighter. So while I disagree with them, I think they still have the right to their opinions.
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿▀▀‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

Tevgen's Avatar


Tevgen
12.05.2013 , 11:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
- When this game adds traditional MMO features, people complain that it's just copying other MMOs..

- When it adds features not traditional to MMOs, people complain that it's not like other MMOs.



...sometimes I really hate the internet.
This so much....

Svarthrafn's Avatar


Svarthrafn
12.13.2013 , 11:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
Its like, need a break from the MMO? Jump into a cockpit - less space toy and float around shooting anything that looks red.
Yeah, that is pretty much exactly it. I'm happy to have the option. Now instead of logging out and loading up a different game, I play a little GSF.

Trigon's Avatar


Trigon
12.13.2013 , 11:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
moron's
I disagree with your point but in an otherwise coherent and well-written post the bad punctuation on this particular word was amusing.
I got 99 problems but a Bith ain't 1!

Dkrewe's Avatar


Dkrewe
12.14.2013 , 12:00 AM | #15
From the Wikipedia article on MMOs here is the definition of an MMO:

"A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. Many games have at least one persistent world, however others just have large numbers of players competing at once in one form or another without any lasting effect to the world at all. These games can be played on any platform, be it the personal computer, a game console such as the internet capable PSP, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PS Vita, Wii U or Wii, or mobile devices and smartphones based on such operating systems as Android, iOS and Windows Phone.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres."


Now the GSF addition fits this perfectly. If you are somehow emotionally wounded by the lack of PvE content in space then cry on, though others will just laugh at your tears. This is like any warzone in the makeup of the pvp field, just in more dimensions of movement. Also, aiming is a necessity of any flight-centric portion of a game. If you can't understand that then A) you are not a true gamer or B) are just looking to complain about something in which case C) pathetic.

Now I am putting the burden back on YOU. Explain to me how this is not an MMO and stating it is unlike the rest of the game features does not disprove that it still fits the MMO genre perfectly well and renders your complaints invalid.
YOGOWYPI

Brilo's Avatar


Brilo
12.14.2013 , 01:09 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
Its like, need a break from the MMO? Jump into a cockpit - less space toy and float around shooting anything that looks red.
Have you even seen Star Wars? This isn't just an MMO, it's a Star Wars game. "Never tell me the odds". "Stay on target". "Use the force, Luke". "They came from behind". "I don't know, fly casual". Crap man, that was just off the top of my head, and guess what they all had in common.
Immersive space combat is a welcome addition to any Star Wars game, it's sad that you aren't enjoying it because a lot of folks are.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
12.14.2013 , 01:29 AM | #17
Space combat.

Not Star Wars mmo.


mfw

Verain's Avatar


Verain
12.14.2013 , 02:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
This is a MMO. The space update is not.

The update belongs in the genre of arcade shooters.

Why do we get all the development time and money spent on something that has nothing to do with being a part of a MMO.
Presumably so I'll resub. I assume there's quite a few like me.

Quote:
Its really a bad update guys. Is this best you're creative minds can come up with?
This is the kind of thing I bought the game hoping to find- 3-space fighter jets with star wars weaponry. It's not exactly X-Wing versus Tie Fighter, but in some ways it is much better. Plus, holy F railguns!!!

Quote:
No more subbing. I've been in this game since early head-start. If I play after sub runs out in a few days, it will be on a free to play account. After the hundreds and hundreds of dollars I've given this game , and stupidly spent a large amount at the Cartel. I'm taking the "I'm a sucker" title off my back .
Quitting because of a cool space game? I mean... what? Ok I guess!


Quote:
The King is naked.
But is he sexy?

SpacerSebben's Avatar


SpacerSebben
12.14.2013 , 02:26 AM | #19
I found something strange about how this thread started...

https://www.imageshack.com/i/2h9776j

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
12.14.2013 , 10:56 AM | #20
There is very little to no "role playing" value in this content update.

No story, no plot, no character development.

If the question is: Does this falls into the "mmorpg" genre of updates? I would personally have to say no.

If the question is: Does expanding on a typically poorly received portion of a game make sense? I would personally say no.

Someone out there will like GSF, since its copypasta of a popular FTP dogfighting simulator.

Will the majority? Will it create a lasting positive revenue influx?