Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Up-dates that are not true to the genre.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Up-dates that are not true to the genre.

12.05.2013 , 08:25 PM | #1
This is a MMO. The space update is not.

The update belongs in the genre of arcade shooters.

Why do we get all the development time and money spent on something that has nothing to do with being a part of a MMO.

Its like, need a break from the MMO? Jump into a cockpit - less space toy and float around shooting anything that looks red.

Its really a bad update guys. Is this best you're creative minds can come up with?
We are treated more and more like moron's who will buy anything you're selling.

No more subbing. I've been in this game since early head-start. If I play after sub runs out in a few days, it will be on a free to play account. After the hundreds and hundreds of dollars I've given this game , and stupidly spent a large amount at the Cartel. I'm taking the "I'm a sucker" title off my back .

The King is naked.
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown

12.05.2013 , 08:27 PM | #2
K, bye, I can guarantee no one will miss you!

P.S. Why is the King naked?
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

12.05.2013 , 08:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
This is a MMO. The space update is not.
I guess you never heard of EVE or star trek online
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!

12.05.2013 , 08:29 PM | #4
So they added something to the game that wasn't catered specifically to you and you are quitting because of it.

Congratulations, you won most selfish person in the history of ever.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

12.05.2013 , 08:30 PM | #5
Why is 12x12 space pvp not appropriate for an MMO?

Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

Will we hear about Theron Soon?

12.05.2013 , 08:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Why is 12x12 space pvp not appropriate for an MMO?

Because the OP thinks the world revolves around them I suspect.
Click my stuff - you know you wanna!

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of free stuff! Mmmmm, STUFF!)

12.05.2013 , 09:19 PM | #7
yeah thousand of players going into combat fighting eachother in space, yeah that's totally not an mmo....
while we are at it lets call STO an arcade game and see what their players have to say about that...

Seriously though, this thread, 2 thumbs down, 2/10, it would have been 1/10 but Christmas is coming so I feel generous
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

12.05.2013 , 09:39 PM | #8
Can I haz your requisition?

But yeah, if you quit things because you don't feel one thing was adequately fitted to your interests, well...

Have fun with that.
The Adrellion Legacy-Pax Republica-The Ebon Hawk

12.05.2013 , 10:26 PM | #9
Massively Mutliplayer Online Line Role Playing Game...

Well, it's 12 on 12, all Player Characters, you gain experience, and level up an imaginary character that you control and stays consistent throughout the game... Where's the element that is different?

Furthermore, it's a tab targeted mouse clicking combat system. How is it any different from how regular PVP works?

I guess the aiming is an arcade element, but certainly not so out of bounds to make this Tekken or something,

I doubt an arcade shooter player would recognize this as an arcade game.

And furthermore, this isn't just an MMO. It is an MMO who's purpose is t reflect Star Wars. And if that is the goal, then this ABSOLUTELY fits in, and is, in fact, necessary, and long overdo.

And why wouldn't you want an MMO that gives you something more?
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

12.05.2013 , 10:31 PM | #10
- When this game adds traditional MMO features, people complain that it's just copying other MMOs..

- When it adds features not traditional to MMOs, people complain that it's not like other MMOs.

...sometimes I really hate the internet.