Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay 2 win crowd taking over

Lejka
12.05.2013 , 01:09 PM | #21
in 10 matches, if you get 10 wins you get 10k not including the daily/weekly/starting free req in ship req.

Depending on the skill you need 8500 at most to get a tier 3 from level 0, so yeah everyone could have tier 3 in something without spending a single cartel coin if they play just 1 ship.

Or you can spend cartel coins and transfer to 1 ship and still have a tier 3 in one ship and nothing in the others.

Most of the best players on Jung-Ma are just playing 1 ship...

Are you even actually playing the game?

Yorumi
12.05.2013 , 01:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
So your saying in 10 matches you can convert enough ship req via CC market to start buying tier 3 skills, you think this is fair?
All skills are purchased with ship req, the only reason you'd ever convert ship req to fleet for upgrades is if you wanted to buy something on a ship you havn't flown. You still have to fly to earn the ship req. The only purchases made directly with fleet req are new ships(they're not better just different) and crew from other classes, again not better just different. There is no advantage whatsoever gained from CC in starfighter.

Icebergy
12.05.2013 , 01:09 PM | #23
So your saying in 10 matches you can convert enough ship req via CC market to start buying tier 3 skills, you think this is fair?
Stop exaggerating. This is not happening and this is not an issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by Yorumi View Post
All skills are purchased with ship req, the only reason you'd ever convert ship req to fleet for upgrades is if you wanted to buy something on a ship you havn't flown. You still have to fly to earn the ship req. The only purchases made directly with fleet req are new ships(they're not better just different) and crew from other classes, again not better just different. There is no advantage whatsoever gained from CC in starfighter.
Also this.

This is what I was trying to say, but I did not think that I had to go into that much details because I thought it was pretty self evident. I guess not though.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejka View Post
So your complaint is that someone who spent a lot of time playing many ships can put the req from all their ships into 1 ship.

in effect giving them 1 good ship, and the rest as all base ships.

You do realize they are not magically gaining more points, in anyway.

another player could just play their 1 ship and make it as good in the same amount of time and not spend cartel coins.
No, in ten matches you can earn the ship, that's not the problem, the problem is people using purple converted req to buy skills, some I've seen have almost full skill sets and the damn thing just came out.

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lejka View Post
in 10 matches, if you get 10 wins you get 10k not including the daily/weekly/starting free req in ship req.

Depending on the skill you need 8500 at most to get a tier 3 from level 0, so yeah everyone could have tier 3 in something without spending a single cartel coin if they play just 1 ship.

Or you can spend cartel coins and transfer to 1 ship and still have a tier 3 in one ship and nothing in the others.

Most of the best players on Jung-Ma are just playing 1 ship...

Are you even actually playing the game?

Just to clarify I've been playing non stop since release, and I've only got around 3000 fleet req,

Keypek
12.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #26
No, in ten matches you can earn the ship, that's not the problem, the problem is people using purple converted req to buy skills, some I've seen have almost full skill sets and the damn thing just came out.
You don't use purple converted req to buy skills. You use the basic green ones you get from playing. If people are using the purple reqs to buy skills they are idiots and actually wasting cartel coins by converting them back to ship reqs.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands>Star Forge
FREE play time and loot by clicking>>

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
You don't use purple converted req to buy skills. You use the basic green ones you get from playing. If people are using the purple reqs to buy skills they are idiots and actually wasting cartel coins by converting them back to ship reqs.
I've used around 500 converted req to buy skills, the more CC you have the more you can convert.

Icebergy
12.05.2013 , 01:16 PM | #28
Are you trolling or do you seriously not understand how this system works?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Itkovian
12.05.2013 , 01:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
STOP THINKING F2P MEANS FREE. It DOESN'T. F2P = extended trial. If you like it, pay for it, if you don't then quit. I don't know where you were taught that you deserve to have things handed to you for free, but whoever said it lied.
Actually, it's even better than you state for free players: if they like it they STILL don't need to pay anything. They just need to be willing to go through the grind.

Also, one VERY IMPORTANT note: converting Reqs allows people who pay to upgrade their CHOSEN SHIP(s) faster, but does NOT grant them extra requisitions.

So this means that given the same amount of gameplay, a subscriber who doesn't convert CCs will gain JUST AS MANY requisitions as one who converts. The difference is that his Reqs will be distributed amongst his ships, while the one who converts will be putting more in a single ship's upgrade.

So sure, this means that in that same time the one who converts Reqs with CCs will have a ship that is significantly more upgraded, but the one who doesn't will have SEVERAL ships that have been upgraded. In the long term, the two will equalize anyway, and in the meantime the player who does not convert CCs will have a stable of upgraded ships instead of a single highly upgraded ship.

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Are you trolling or do you seriously not understand how this system works?
What? stop responding to my post if your going to be a jerk.