Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 12:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.
Yeah but you can convert 1000 ship req easily , takes 5 or 8 matches to build up enough ship req for the a wing?

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
Tell me, how is getting a new ship chassis without anything but time spent to upgrade it P2win?
Fleet req just unlocks 2 ships and Npc crew - hardly a game breaking advantage.
You can use purple req converted from ship req to buy skills.

Icebergy
12.05.2013 , 01:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Yeah but you can convert 1000 ship req easily , takes 5 or 8 matches to build up enough ship req for the a wing.
OK? You still have to play those matches and then upgrade the ship that you are buying.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:02 PM | #14
Read my above post genius.

Yorumi
12.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #15
Is this thread serious?

Icebergy
12.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #16
You still have to play and earn those Requisitions to upgrade...genius...
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Mazikeen
12.05.2013 , 01:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Only the third day into SF and I'm seeing players with well over 10000 purple req, you can also use CC to convert ship req into purple req. Totally unfair and I thought we were told CC would not be allowed to purchase player skills, we were lied to? Is this only a temporary deal?
CC are not used to purchase skills, the Req are. Some players can pay CCs to convert them, sure, but that doesn't mean you can't still earn Req. Face it, subscribers will level faster and have more gameplay available than F2P/Preferred players. Subscribers get free CC every pay period.

STOP THINKING F2P MEANS FREE. It DOESN'T. F2P = extended trial. If you like it, pay for it, if you don't then quit. I don't know where you were taught that you deserve to have things handed to you for free, but whoever said it lied.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Lejka
12.05.2013 , 01:06 PM | #18
So your complaint is that someone who spent a lot of time playing many ships can put the req from all their ships into 1 ship.

in effect giving them 1 good ship, and the rest as all base ships.

You do realize they are not magically gaining more points, in anyway.

another player could just play their 1 ship and make it as good in the same amount of time and not spend cartel coins.

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:06 PM | #19
So your saying in 10 matches you can convert enough ship req via CC market to start buying tier 3 skills, you think this is fair?

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 01:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
CC are not used to purchase skills, the Req are. Some players can pay CCs to convert them, sure, but that doesn't mean you can't still earn Req. Face it, subscribers will level faster and have more gameplay available than F2P/Preferred players. Subscribers get free CC every pay period.

STOP THINKING F2P MEANS FREE. It DOESN'T. F2P = extended trial. If you like it, pay for it, if you don't then quit. I don't know where you were taught that you deserve to have things handed to you for free, but whoever said it lied.
What are you smoking, and do you play SF? Second day players with almost full tier skill set, over 10000 purple req earned? Req bought via CC transfer? That's not P2W?