Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne
12.05.2013 , 12:45 PM | #1
Only the third day into SF and I'm seeing players with well over 10000 purple req, you can also use CC to convert ship req into purple req. Totally unfair and I thought we were told CC would not be allowed to purchase player skills, we were lied to? Is this only a temporary deal?

Denerio
12.05.2013 , 12:49 PM | #2
Welcome to SWTOR GS

BewBo
12.05.2013 , 12:49 PM | #3
What do you reckon?

Icebergy
12.05.2013 , 12:50 PM | #4
Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Deamon_Samurai
12.05.2013 , 12:50 PM | #5
I agree this is getting out of hand now. I left other games because of this tactic, mainly because you put time into earning your rights only to have someone simply "catch-up" and surpass your efforts in minimal time.

Denerio
12.05.2013 , 12:54 PM | #6
Funny thing is I was in a match last night and one person on our team was complaining because he was the only one that had bought the unlock for other ships and complained that we were bads because we didn't have ours unlocked yet. I guess spending CC to unlock a new ship makes someone a better player now a days lolz....

Sephirius
12.05.2013 , 12:56 PM | #7
Tell me, how is getting a new ship chassis without anything but time spent to upgrade it P2win?
Fleet req just unlocks 2 ships and Npc crew - hardly a game breaking advantage.

Itkovian
12.05.2013 , 12:58 PM | #8
Welcome to F2P, where you can spend money to bypass the grind.

But guess what? There's a limit to how much you can upgrade, and eventually those who don't pay to convert requisitions will catch up and the disparity will be gone. And then these people will still be able to play the game for free, and have the same upgrades and power level as the players who spent a bundle (or not, converting reqs is pretty cheap, quite frankly).

Don't revile the ones converting requisitions: they're the ones that allow you to play GS without paying anything extra.

Lejka
12.05.2013 , 12:58 PM | #9
Not sure how the purple is helping people.

Without using CC I was able to get 7k purple in the past 3 days and I havent played that much.

Also the best players I see are using the basic scout and often dont even have the gunship unlock, so not sure why you are whining.

illgot
12.05.2013 , 12:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Yes but if you do this, you don't have as much Ship Req to upgrade your ships with and they will be weaker.
not really. I enjoy the scout but played enough of the gunner and striker to earn points for 2x, then converted all those points to unlock crew and the second scout for my character.