Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So umm DP Raptus Raised Throne

WillHolmes
12.04.2013 , 10:12 PM | #1
So what's up with this, while in Raptus crazy space chambers it used to be a flat ramp up to his throne and now its a rather steep ledge. I don't mind I'm just pretty confused as to what the point of this was.

Are they trolling us like when they made the skillbar lock a triangle ?

*edit* we were in HM can anyone confirm for SM ?
Jedi Covenant

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
8/8 Imperial AC lvl 55

RikuvonDrake
12.04.2013 , 10:14 PM | #2
Haha I was very suprised as well when I noticed it but I think it adds a cool factor to the fight, nothing really hard when it comes to adapting to it but it's fun that they something that will make it a tiny bit harder :P
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

theJediMaste
12.04.2013 , 11:05 PM | #3
We wiped multiple times tonight because of this because when our Mara tried to leap over this ramp to the boss and got killed by target for 0 damage,same with our pt tank.

mastirkal
12.05.2013 , 03:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by theJediMaste View Post
We wiped multiple times tonight because of this because when our Mara tried to leap over this ramp to the boss and got killed by target for 0 damage,same with our pt tank.
Gotta watch those sharp edges.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*

Beslley
12.05.2013 , 12:47 PM | #5
I'm unsure why this needed to be changed in the first place.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

VoW_LugNut
12.05.2013 , 05:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
I'm unsure why this needed to be changed in the first place.
"New content"
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

Macio
12.06.2013 , 09:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VoW_LugNut View Post
"New content"

have to agree - two weeks gone since last update (corruptor zero mines change).
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

SnickerJew
12.06.2013 , 11:44 AM | #8
As stupid as this step change is that they added, it has killed people in the 23 groups I've ran with at least once per group. I myself leaped to Raptus from a wrong angle and fell through and was "Kill by Target for 0 damage."

One other thing that I've found that hasn't been so prominent in the 10 weeks now that I've had this on farm is entering phase 3, Raptus seems to have a completely random aggro table. In this video from my raid last night, you can see none of the DPS doing any damage to Raptus at all and with about 1 second left on his Force Execution channel, switches straight to me to murder myself and a guildie. I have NEVER seen this happen before until 2.5 was released, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this happen before and/or after 2.5
Yoloborg & Hashtäg <Zorz>
World First Dread Master & Deposer of The Dread Masters
6x Conquerer of The Dread Fortress & 6x Deposer of The Dread Masters

Jerba
12.06.2013 , 01:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SnickerJew View Post
One other thing that I've found that hasn't been so prominent in the 10 weeks now that I've had this on farm is entering phase 3, Raptus seems to have a completely random aggro table. In this video from my raid last night, you can see none of the DPS doing any damage to Raptus at all and with about 1 second left on his Force Execution channel, switches straight to me to murder myself and a guildie. I have NEVER seen this happen before until 2.5 was released, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this happen before and/or after 2.5
Very interesting, I have not seen this myself but I will look out for it.
I noticed that you received threat right after the cast of the crystal has finished. Maybe picking up the crystals causes threat? In that case, have your DPS wait 2-3 seconds before picking up the crystals, then the Force Execution should be finished before the crystals are picked up.

SnickerJew
12.06.2013 , 01:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Very interesting, I have not seen this myself but I will look out for it.
I noticed that you received threat right after the cast of the crystal has finished. Maybe picking up the crystals causes threat? In that case, have your DPS wait 2-3 seconds before picking up the crystals, then the Force Execution should be finished before the crystals are picked up.
I think that may play some factor in it, but this happened a handful of times last night with or without picking up the crystal, but I can't be too certain.
Yoloborg & Hashtäg <Zorz>
World First Dread Master & Deposer of The Dread Masters
6x Conquerer of The Dread Fortress & 6x Deposer of The Dread Masters