So umm DP Raptus Raised Throne

So what's up with this, while in Raptus crazy space chambers it used to be a flat ramp up to his throne and now its a rather steep ledge. I don't mind I'm just pretty confused as to what the point of this was.

Are they trolling us like when they made the skillbar lock a triangle ?

*edit* we were in HM can anyone confirm for SM ?

Edited by WillHolmes

As stupid as this step change is that they added, it has killed people in the 23 groups I've ran with at least once per group. I myself leaped to Raptus from a wrong angle and fell through and was "Kill by Target for 0 damage."

One other thing that I've found that hasn't been so prominent in the 10 weeks now that I've had this on farm is entering phase 3, Raptus seems to have a completely random aggro table. In this video from my raid last night, you can see none of the DPS doing any damage to Raptus at all and with about 1 second left on his Force Execution channel, switches straight to me to murder myself and a guildie. I have NEVER seen this happen before until 2.5 was released, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this happen before and/or after 2.5

One other thing that I've found that hasn't been so prominent in the 10 weeks now that I've had this on farm is entering phase 3, Raptus seems to have a completely random aggro table. In this video from my raid last night, you can see none of the DPS doing any damage to Raptus at all and with about 1 second left on his Force Execution channel, switches straight to me to murder myself and a guildie. I have NEVER seen this happen before until 2.5 was released, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this happen before and/or after 2.5

Very interesting, I have not seen this myself but I will look out for it.

I noticed that you received threat right after the cast of the crystal has finished. Maybe picking up the crystals causes threat? In that case, have your DPS wait 2-3 seconds before picking up the crystals, then the Force Execution should be finished before the crystals are picked up.

Edited by Jerba

I noticed that you received threat right after the cast of the crystal has finished. Maybe picking up the crystals causes threat? In that case, have your DPS wait 2-3 seconds before picking up the crystals, then the Force Execution should be finished before the crystals are picked up.

I think that may play some factor in it, but this happened a handful of times last night with or without picking up the crystal, but I can't be too certain.

What happens is raptus drops threat on the tank after some seconds and targets the player who was kiting him. This happens nearly every pull for us. To prevent it we have tanks taunt back and forth a few times after portals.

It can be exceedingly lethal when he does this during his double-cleave/circle aoe.

Edited by Tyminator