Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Running into Walls on Purpose

Phrase
12.04.2013 , 10:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bachannal View Post
You get a kill assist if you did damage to them prior to impact. Also, it's not people purposefully killing themselves so much as panicking because they can't outrun you. It happens. I'm betting you'll even crash when the heat is on from time to time.
This. A lot of people are having trouble adjusting to the escape maneuvers. They can be very disorienting at first.

Sixgun
The Bastion

NemoSD
12.05.2013 , 12:34 AM | #12
It is why my first upgrade on the scout is to get rid of barrel roll. It is a suicide button. Kelegran and Retrofire are the safest of the escape abilities.

Helig
12.05.2013 , 01:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NemoSD View Post
It is why my first upgrade on the scout is to get rid of barrel roll. It is a suicide button. Kelegran and Retrofire are the safest of the escape abilities.
Disagree. Barrel roll is awesome for breaking pursuit, or disengaging. I do admit to a couple of barrelroll suicides, but me, myself and I were the only people that I blame for them.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

JPryde
12.05.2013 , 02:27 AM | #14
I had my share of "suicides in the heat of battle" with my scout, as I am trying to fly to close around asteroids or pylons. I also did self destruct a few times when using barrel roll at the wrong time or just speeding away and right into an object. I never self-destructed to avoid the kill award.

There however even is a valid combat strategy to enforce players to self-destruct... namely the sabotage probes secondary weapons. Those tiny basterds lock on like missiles and cause the target to fly straight ahead for 3 seconds... which can be deadly in certain environments.

There already is a discussion however to award the "kill" to the one doing the most damage not to the one doing the final blow.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !