Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Running into Walls on Purpose

Midzero
12.04.2013 , 09:48 PM | #1
So we are encountering a problem where if you shooting somebody and you're about to kill them, they run into a wall on purpose so you don't get the kill. This is starting to happen more frequently and getting highly annoying. Any way where if somebody runs into a wall on purpose(I know it's hard to tell that) that we can either get the kill that we deserve or something to make up for that? Just a thought. Would like to hear other people's feedback as well.

Hassat-Hunter
12.04.2013 , 09:57 PM | #2
I think adding a kill would be good, rather than penaltilise the killed one.
(after all, you drove the plane into it's surrounding)
Because, as you said, it's hard to tell if it's not just due to navigational failure, or to troll a kill away. And for the latter, if it wont take the kill away, they probably wont do it anymore.
Unless it's some quick reset mechanic (see "kill yourself for missiles" thread here too), but then we still have our kill/assist.

Bachannal
12.04.2013 , 10:04 PM | #3
You get a kill assist if you did damage to them prior to impact. Also, it's not people purposefully killing themselves so much as panicking because they can't outrun you. It happens. I'm betting you'll even crash when the heat is on from time to time.

Ronyo
12.04.2013 , 10:08 PM | #4
Panic plus an erratic control scheme, you're going to get crashes; be happy with an assist. You fired at them, they attempted you evade and an inanimate object assisted you in taking them out.

Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 10:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bachannal View Post
You get a kill assist if you did damage to them prior to impact. Also, it's not people purposefully killing themselves so much as panicking because they can't outrun you. It happens. I'm betting you'll even crash when the heat is on from time to time.
Nah some do it on purpose. They will go in a straight line into a wall.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Ronyo
12.04.2013 , 10:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Nah some do it on purpose. They will go in a straight line into a wall.
Let them, you get a free assist from them being stupid or cowardly, just make sure you get a shot in first. (though if they didn't take any hits and just crashed, I guess that would put them on the stupid side).

Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 10:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ronyo View Post
Let them, you get a free assist from them being stupid or cowardly, just make sure you get a shot in first. (though if they didn't take any hits and just crashed, I guess that would put them on the stupid side).
I have no problem, it means one less person at the objective.
Spoiler

Ren_simp
12.04.2013 , 10:31 PM | #8
I think this is the barrel roll abilty I can be in a sharp turn use counter measure
And boost into a barrel roll which pulls you out of the turn and if you happen to in line with a close object when you
Start the roll you just plow straight into it.

Ronyo
12.04.2013 , 10:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
I have no problem, it means one less person at the objective.
That's the ticket.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
I think this is the barrel roll abilty I can be in a sharp turn use counter measure
And boost into a barrel roll which pulls you out of the turn and if you happen to in line with a close object when you
Start the roll you just plow straight into it.
Could be the case in some instances. Knowing when to use an evasive tactic is just as important as using it; barrel roll (not really preformed correctly by the skill) is something you don't want to use in confined spaces.

Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 10:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ronyo View Post
That's the ticket.

Could be the case in some instances. Knowing when to use an evasive tactic is just as important as using it; barrel roll (not really preformed correctly by the skill) is something you don't want to use in confined spaces.
Indeed. Most of the maps give you a ton of cover, so breaking a lock is often pretty simple.
Spoiler