Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nice one - a pay to win expansion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Nice one - a pay to win expansion!

Itsshoes's Avatar


Itsshoes
12.04.2013 , 09:33 PM | #1
I thought his would be pretty cool.

And then I noticed it was pay to win.

Fail.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 09:37 PM | #2
It does have pay to win aspects, although the better pilot will almost always win.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Hassat-Hunter's Avatar


Hassat-Hunter
12.04.2013 , 09:39 PM | #3
Trolling?

Or do you mean because older subs have gunships already and newer ones don't? That's about the only one I can see...

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 09:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hassat-Hunter View Post
Trolling?

Or do you mean because older subs have gunships already and newer ones don't? That's about the only one I can see...
Cartel ships earn 10% more rewards, since they start off as mastered; while the normal ships have to earn it.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Kombatikon's Avatar


Kombatikon
12.04.2013 , 09:49 PM | #5
This is a BS post where do you need to pay to win ? I'm ripping it up out there and havent paid anything but my usual sub! Learn to fly before you knock it

Kombatikon's Avatar


Kombatikon
12.04.2013 , 09:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Cartel ships earn 10% more rewards, since they start off as mastered; while the normal ships have to earn it.
Doesnt mean they are winning bro Guarantee put me up against a guy who buys a premade Ship that dont know how to fly it and I will chew him up easy with my under graded ship

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 09:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kombatikon View Post
Doesnt mean they are winning bro Guarantee put me up against a guy who buys a premade Ship that dont know how to fly it and I will chew him up easy with my under graded ship
Read my first post:
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
It does have pay to win aspects, although the better pilot will almost always win.
What I said was, you do have an advantage in earning unlocks faster but it won't do you much good if you're not a good pilot. The better pilot will almost always win.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Bachannal's Avatar


Bachannal
12.04.2013 , 09:56 PM | #8
Seriously...I only pay for sub, have only upgraded to Ion cannons on my Strikefighter (which I rarely use), and I have been greasing people. I also s*ck at flight sims...so, what's your real excuse?

Kazjan's Avatar


Kazjan
12.04.2013 , 10:51 PM | #9
I didnt know that buying ship dye help you win
"Real living is living for others."
Knights of Sokan
Casual Jedi RP/PvP guild
SWTOR Guild HQ

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
12.04.2013 , 10:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazjan View Post
I didnt know that buying ship dye help you win
I bought the blue dye, now you can't see me when we're flying in the sky! I win.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler