Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Starfighter Records

Davionix
02.05.2014 , 03:19 PM | #391
My views on railgun is that it seems strong on paper but is actually weak unless you sit down and babysit it.

One of the biggest drawbacks of it is that railgun drone glows just like a gunship charging its lasers. This makes is easier to spot than other drones since by this point most of the good pilots know how to react to glows at the distance

Since its range is only 10k it can be quickly dispatched by any enemy gunships and its slow charge & reload time do not allow it to get many shots before it either gets destroyed or the big fight moves away from its range.

I would say railgun drone is better to set up a retreating point near gunships with repair drone and mines. If you prefer to keep moving with most of strike / scout pack then you can get more mileage from other droids.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

paowee
02.05.2014 , 03:25 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Davionix View Post
My views on railgun is that it seems strong on paper but is actually weak unless you sit down and babysit it.

One of the biggest drawbacks of it is that railgun drone glows just like a gunship charging its lasers. This makes is easier to spot than other drones since by this point most of the good pilots know how to react to glows at the distance

Since its range is only 10k it can be quickly dispatched by any enemy gunships and its slow charge & reload time do not allow it to get many shots before it either gets destroyed or the big fight moves away from its range.

I would say railgun drone is better to set up a retreating point near gunships with repair drone and mines. If you prefer to keep moving with most of strike / scout pack then you can get more mileage from other droids.
Nice points. Did not think of the glow factor. The charge up time is long too (4 seconds). I have not tried blowing one up using a flashfire but 4 seconds IS quite logn... lol.

The seismic mines have a red aura surrounding it. Is that only visible to the owner/allies or the enemy as well?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

tunewalker
02.05.2014 , 03:29 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Nice points. Did not think of the glow factor. The charge up time is long too (4 seconds). I have not tried blowing one up using a flashfire but 4 seconds IS quite logn... lol.

The seismic mines have a red aura surrounding it. Is that only visible to the owner/allies or the enemy as well?
Its visible to all. who are close enough.

Davionix
02.05.2014 , 03:30 PM | #394
Everyone can see each others red aura from mines.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

paowee
02.05.2014 , 03:31 PM | #395
Also from the 2014 Developer blog/roadmap,, Patch 2.8 this coming June 10.. anyone have the feeling that the new ship is going to be the stealth one?

Zoom_VI
02.05.2014 , 05:10 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Also from the 2014 Developer blog/roadmap,, Patch 2.8 this coming June 10.. anyone have the feeling that the new ship is going to be the stealth one?
Given the number of rumors that answer is yes. Also looks like there will be three variants. One is like a stealth knife-fighter the other like a stealth strike and idk on the last. There are also hints towards it in one of the scenarios of the new kuat flashpoint.
Crinn

Carry me, I'm Plasmatech.

paowee
02.05.2014 , 07:39 PM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by Davionix View Post
Davionix / SGS-45 Quarrel / Violent By Design / The Red Eclipse

http://i58.tinypic.com/14e5lac.jpg

Me and another person with more than 2 ships at our side, same for imp side as well.

If only I havent trusted the greens and started the game with my bomber we could have won

Offensive bomber build is : seeker mines,missile-sentry drone, repair drone, engine power to shield power and heavy lasers.
Ok one other question, when you get swamed by a flashfire and have all your drones, mines deployed in an open space, what strategy do you do? I've been using my engine pool to boost and do evasive maneuvers but ofcourse that only lasts for a few seconds before im out of engine power and sitting dead on the water. Do you just sit there pressing "W" and painstakingly turn to try and face and hit the flashfire? They are really a pain in LS Deathmatch especially when you are caught solo in an open area..

paowee
02.05.2014 , 08:23 PM | #398

themaem
02.08.2014 , 10:48 PM | #399
Well im back

Jaxin - Flashfire - Alpha Company - Jung Ma - 122645 Damage http://i.imgur.com/XbqyZHT.jpg

wilcou
02.09.2014 , 06:42 PM | #400
Courtney - Starguard - The Core - The Ebon Hawk - 132923 Damage http://i.imgur.com/BmD5EvD.jpg
Alacris // Vizeral