Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear development team - not another qq/idea/flame/ragequit thread - just one question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Operative
Dear development team - not another qq/idea/flame/ragequit thread - just one question

Tattum
12.11.2013 , 07:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Boozsha View Post
I don't think Vanguards/ Powertechs have a knockback.
ah... but they at least can jump to enemy if they are knocked back of the ledge..

oh ... but mercs have super knock back ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1_4cpC5Ets

1:35~
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
BW doesn't listen to their community at all and they pretty much never interact with the community on their forums...

Racter
12.11.2013 , 08:18 PM | #22
Oh god the damage buff whiner is back. Just ignore his posts, he thinks any amount of damage buff would make this class more viable.

Ahebish
12.12.2013 , 02:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
Oh god the damage buff whiner is back. Just ignore his posts, he thinks any amount of damage buff would make this class more viable.
And here's the reason why BW will never fix this class to make it viable again.

Just another victim of the "Team of Operatives" stunlocking people to the point they would unsub.

Would that happen to be the case Racter? You threatend to quit the game if they didn't nerf this class?

You know what the sad thing is... albeit me being as good as I was on my concealment... that is to say #1 on my server... Even trained a couple of people how to play the class the right way, some of them went on to be EXCELENT concealments that would rival me with ease.

You want to know which classes actually beat me in a 1v1 fight?

Jugs, Marauders, Sorcs, and BH's... .The only class that never beat me 1v1, was my own class. And the irony is, I was always for Snipers/Gunslingers, assassins and shadows getting a boost from the very begining.... because I knew how weak they were compared to IA's... if any class in the game deserved a buff it was them when compared to a concealment/scrapper or any other class.

Yet the reason for the nerf's came from the forementioned ALL the classes/specs that actually beat me 1v1 cried the worst out of anyone.

Racter
12.12.2013 , 03:49 AM | #24
Actually no. I was surprised and disappointed when this class got nerfed, and I didn't even have one yet. However, as I have said multiple times previously, no amount of damage buff is going to make concealment viable. We need survivability. Damage is not survivability in ranked.

Cordorian
12.12.2013 , 04:29 AM | #25
You can make Hidden Strike hit for 15k on a geared player and concealment still wouldn't be viable for ranked. Damage buff is needed in some fashion (and please not overload shot again), but the core of the problem in the current pvp setup - which doesnt evolve around 1v1s and wzs - the ability to survive focus fire is crucial. In an arena you can't just pop out of stealth, kill and restealth like you can while trolling huttball for solo kills. Once you are unstealthed you gonna get focused and operative survivability is that bad even when guarded and healed and the attacking dps is taunted, you have no chance of surviving. The problem the class had in old 8v8 ranked (and would have had even with pre 1.2 setting) is that as dps out of stealth we are just an easy kill for in competitive pvp. Even the better version of us - the assassin-, who have better survivability and better burst usually where only used as node guards, yet since they where basically better in anything better relevant for the job, you didn't see dps operatives in ranked (well despite my pathetic little attempts :P). In Arena even assassin aren't considered that viable, and if you track this forums, you see most concealments would just be happy to be on par with deception.
Spite juggs we are the only melee class without melee CDs. With smash and other AoE being a major factor in pvp, not having any aoe damage reduction is lethal. Our only protection is stealth. In normal wzs this can be enough to get the job done. In a dps which arenas basically are, you staying stealthed is a dps loss, you unstealthing will surely be one as well no matter how high our burst would be.

Ahebish
12.12.2013 , 02:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordorian View Post
You can make Hidden Strike hit for 15k on a geared player and concealment still wouldn't be viable for ranked. Damage buff is needed in some fashion (and please not overload shot again), but the core of the problem in the current pvp setup - which doesnt evolve around 1v1s and wzs - the ability to survive focus fire is crucial. In an arena you can't just pop out of stealth, kill and restealth like you can while trolling huttball for solo kills. Once you are unstealthed you gonna get focused and operative survivability is that bad even when guarded and healed and the attacking dps is taunted, you have no chance of surviving. The problem the class had in old 8v8 ranked (and would have had even with pre 1.2 setting) is that as dps out of stealth we are just an easy kill for in competitive pvp. Even the better version of us - the assassin-, who have better survivability and better burst usually where only used as node guards, yet since they where basically better in anything better relevant for the job, you didn't see dps operatives in ranked (well despite my pathetic little attempts :P). In Arena even assassin aren't considered that viable, and if you track this forums, you see most concealments would just be happy to be on par with deception.
Spite juggs we are the only melee class without melee CDs. With smash and other AoE being a major factor in pvp, not having any aoe damage reduction is lethal. Our only protection is stealth. In normal wzs this can be enough to get the job done. In a dps which arenas basically are, you staying stealthed is a dps loss, you unstealthing will surely be one as well no matter how high our burst would be.
You know, I had a big old long *** post here to address your comment; But you know what... it's just not worth it....

So, I'll just say this.

Yes, I've done ranked, and it didn't used to be like this. And no we don't need more utility or durability to be effective in ranked wz's... You just need and IQ greater than 70... something most people lack when playing this spec... and that's the fact of the matter.

You can thank BW for over nerfing the class to the standard you see now.

Cordorian
12.12.2013 , 02:57 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
You know, I had a big old long *** post here to address your comment; But you know what... it's just not worth it....

So, I'll just say this.

Yes, I've done ranked, and it didn't used to be like this. And no we don't need more utility or durability to be effective in ranked wz's... You just need and IQ greater than 70... something most people lack when playing this spec... and that's the fact of the matter.

You can thank BW for over nerfing the class to the standard you see now.
dude in you fairtell telling life this ever was the case, which i doubt. but do you even play the game... i mean like now... there are no more ranked wzs... so now please just tell me how to you deal with that:
operative hits on healer (or tank or what every you want to focus first) with acid bladed hitten strike, say it hit hits for 20k. next thing you know is you get stunned, taunted, and too smashers drop their smash on you, your tank switches guard on you and the healer spam heals you, but even after the stun wearing off (if you survive to this point) your healths drops further and before you can really do anything you are dead.
That is what we are talking about, because this despite the damage you inflict is the current reality and no damage buff will make us more viable.

Tattum
12.17.2013 , 04:35 AM | #28
http://anticache.img6.joyreactor.com...rt-363046.jpeg

something tells me this is how they decide what skills to change..

it's a shame that the monkey never sh*ts on an operative in a good way..
BW doesn't listen to their community at all and they pretty much never interact with the community on their forums...

discbox
12.17.2013 , 06:20 AM | #29
What does a devoloper think, reading threads about operatives?

"Should I put this on the wall of crazy? Or on the wall of 'I don't give a shhh'?"

Tattum
12.17.2013 , 07:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
What does a devoloper think, reading threads about operatives?

"Should I put this on the wall of crazy? Or on the wall of 'I don't give a shhh'?"
the 2nd one....

wall of crazy is marauder forum where people whine and want to get buffed even more.