Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Galactic Starfighter could be better

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How Galactic Starfighter could be better

somejerk
12.04.2013 , 06:42 PM | #11
A more detailed tutorial would help. It wasn't until my first couple of matches that I moused over some things on my UI and learned I could manipulate my ships power to weapons, engines and shields. After that I went from meh to 8 medals on average.

Traesk
12.04.2013 , 08:10 PM | #12
Add a joystick and I'd be very happy.

overmanwarrior
12.04.2013 , 08:42 PM | #13
I am loving this game. It reminds me of the first X Wing game years ago mixed with Battlefront. I'm sure it will get better as more areas are added.

I think space flight isn't for everyone. Some people just aren't good at it. For those people, it would be good if they could ride in a gunship with someone who is good at dog fighting and act as a gunner, such as defending captured points. If a pilot was grouped with someone who wanted to be a gunner, then the second person could sit in a swivel chair and just blast away at targets from behind. Just a thought so everyone could participate and have fun, and it would make it hard to sneak up from behind for the opposing players.

For me, I love the combo of arcade style play with flight sim HUD displays. It's better than I thought and will keep me playing for a very long time. I hope the team keeps working to improve it, because there is a lot of potential here. I think the best part of it for me is that it has a mini game feel. If you're waiting for someone at a particular place on the ground game, you can just que this up and start playing wherever you are. You don't have to go to the fleet, or your ship, you just start playing and that is pretty cool. It can be a nice break in the action, or can become a whole night of flying around dog fighting like I've been doing for the last 24 hours. I forgot to sleep.
May the Force be with you!
Rich

www.overmanwarrior.com

Ralin
12.04.2013 , 09:09 PM | #14
Personally, I just want to be able to fly my own ship, planet to planet, engage the hyperdrive, or just fly around and shoot down asteroids or passing enemy players.
RALIN (Jedi Shadow)