Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscribers Need Cartel Coins to Play GSF?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Subscribers Need Cartel Coins to Play GSF?

Viperswhip
12.04.2013 , 11:39 AM | #21
I had to pay 180 Cartel coins to convert 4000 ship coms to fleet coms so I could buy the other strike fighter. Was I annoyed? Yes, but that's not very much considering. Consider the gambling addicts who put down 7000 to open boxes and be happy.

MajikMyst
12.04.2013 , 11:42 AM | #22
We complained about this in the beta.. One of the many things that Bioware ignored us about..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MajikMyst
12.04.2013 , 11:44 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Viperswhip View Post
I had to pay 180 Cartel coins to convert 4000 ship coms to fleet coms so I could buy the other strike fighter. Was I annoyed? Yes, but that's not very much considering. Consider the gambling addicts who put down 7000 to open boxes and be happy.
None the less.. They should have made it free to subscribers and cost for everyone else.. Anything that adds value to being a subscriber is a good thing..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Jeronas
12.04.2013 , 12:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
None the less.. They should have made it free to subscribers and cost for everyone else.. Anything that adds value to being a subscriber is a good thing..
Not free, but at least give subscribers the option to use ingame credits to convert.

FridgeLM
12.04.2013 , 01:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
We complained about this in the beta.. One of the many things that Bioware ignored us about..
Not everyone in the beta was someone who didn't understand F2P business models and what the actual definition of pay to win is.

It's not ignoring when your opinion is objectively wrong.
<Death and Taxes>

elstaar
12.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #26
the alternative conversion fee (credits-based for subscribers) should be added asap. also it is better not to charge CC directly during conversion but to create some kind of "requisition transfer" item, available from CM, like existing "credit escrow transfer", thus making GTN involved.

Itkovian
12.04.2013 , 01:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Not everyone in the beta was someone who didn't understand F2P business models and what the actual definition of pay to win is.

It's not ignoring when your opinion is objectively wrong.
This. Precisely.

Cessna_X
12.04.2013 , 02:51 PM | #28
/signed

A subscription should be the ultimate tier. Trying to squeeze even more money out of those who are already paying is just greedy.

I would rather pay for this expansion up front than see nagging little money grabs everywhere.
You could no more evade my wrath
than you could your own shadow

altaboy
12.04.2013 , 03:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
I am also sick of hearing that everything is now "extra".

"Oh, that is 'extra' so you have to pay CC for it. It's not included in your subscription."

Really?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BalLkp1IgAALY4a.jpg:large

If the link to the pic doesn't work, it came from here:
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/407940334459830273

Anzel
12.04.2013 , 03:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Viperswhip View Post
This is the problem. I'm a subscriber. I shouldn't have to pay for anything with Cartel Coins. I'm already paying each and every month with actual USD. This idea that everything is now "extra" and must be paid for with Cartel Coins is ridiculous.

Basically what they did was take all of the sneaky surcharges that a normal F2P model imposes on its "free" players and apply them to both the free players ***and*** subscribers. Now they have all of the apologists convinced that this is how a F2P model is *supposed to work. Everything is now extra whether you subscribe or not. OH, OK. Sure......
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006