Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscribers Need Cartel Coins to Play GSF?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Subscribers Need Cartel Coins to Play GSF?

Anzel
12.04.2013 , 09:40 AM | #1
I am very disappointed to see that as a subscriber I need to pay additional money to convert reputation/points in GSF. As a subscriber I am *already paying every month. I paid over $100.00 for the CE, I paid for the expansion, I have paid every single month for a subscription.

I understand that this is a business and I want the game to be just as profitable as they do but I already support this game financially. If they want to charge F2P or Preferred players then fine. But I'm pretty sick of seeing little charges like this added in every time I play the game.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Denerio
12.04.2013 , 09:43 AM | #2
I agree, I couldn't believe it when I went to convert the rep and had to pay with CC. Talk about nickel and dimming every little thing. That should be free to subscribers.

Hodsy
12.04.2013 , 09:45 AM | #3
/signed

Anzel
12.04.2013 , 09:47 AM | #4
I am also sick of hearing that everything is now "extra".

"Oh, that is 'extra' so you have to pay CC for it. It's not included in your subscription."

Really?
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Tellenn
12.04.2013 , 09:54 AM | #5
EA says milk milk milk.

If your subbed to a game everything in game should be available for that sub price. That how it always was in games until they realized that people even more moronic than they thought. But the idiots pay so things get worse for the rest.

I remember the big news that swtor was going f2p woo I'll come and try it again as there was no endgame at launch. Only to realize that it now cost more on top of a sub fee to get access to everything. When I had access to everything for that sub at launch.

Bstr
12.04.2013 , 09:57 AM | #6
10%+ of your ship requisition is translated to fleet requisition per match. You have to pay to convert more.

Just like you have to pay CC for extra XP boosts to have your fights convert more into XP.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Bosha: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Fury Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Reformation> Ebon Hawk Server

JonathanCP
12.04.2013 , 09:59 AM | #7
May I remind you that you can convert a WHOLE LOT of reqs using your monthly amount of CC you get with your sub?
If your thread title is not a variation on "open letter... BIOWARE,... fail... NOW!", then you are a fanboy

Denerio
12.04.2013 , 10:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JonathanCP View Post
May I remind you that you can convert a WHOLE LOT of reqs using your monthly amount of CC you get with your sub?
Making us pay with CC whether we are a sub or not is completely ridiculous. They are taking the most basic things anymore in this game and charging us CC to use them.

Itkovian
12.04.2013 , 10:07 AM | #9
You realize that things like this is why you didn't have to pay an extra charge for the expansion, right?

It is part and parcel of the F2P model for competitive online games of the same genre, like Mechwarrior Online, War Thunder, and so forth. This is not some sort of egregious money-grubbing tactic: it's why F2P games like these can be profitable in the first place, despite being playable for free.

So yes, you can spend real money to reduce the grind, and for cosmetic features. That is how the model works, and why it is possible for developers to offer games for free. Without these revenue streams, the games would not be made.

Itkovian
12.04.2013 , 10:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
Making us pay with CC whether we are a sub or not is completely ridiculous. They are taking the most basic things anymore in this game and charging us CC to use them.
Not at all, it's actually quite normal in the F2P model. Take a look at "general XP" in Mechwarrior Online, for example.

Because strangely enough, it turns out the goal of F2P games is actually to make money, they just do it in optional ways and through microtransactions, and by doing so can provide the actual product for free.

You can complain about how ridiculous it is, but the fact of the matter is without monetizing options such as these, we wouldn't have GS in the first place.