Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR GSF Flight Stick Compatibility

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
SWTOR GSF Flight Stick Compatibility

TuF_WOLVERINE
12.08.2013 , 09:34 AM | #21
Need to use my Sidewinder flight stick pretty please. Mouse is horribly messy for me.
Barq's Has Bite

Necronomicanomic
12.08.2013 , 10:41 AM | #22
i'm not sure if this is worth of saying. But I used to play need for speed world. And it was a game mostly of keyboard only racing. And there was a program called xpadder. That outside of the game you would map your keyboard keys to your controller or joystick or whatever you had that you were comfortable with using. Not sure if this game would consider that an exploit or what not. I never really was into the joystick or controller at flying. It would be too much work for me to go to joystick or controller then back to mouse and keyboard between each match. But xpadder might work out if the devs or customer service lets you use that program. All it does is maps your keys to your controller.

Arkerus
12.08.2013 , 11:03 AM | #23
Current UI would not work for a flightstick.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

IcemanJr
12.08.2013 , 01:17 PM | #24
x-52 fine ) not working (
exSWG, Bloodfin, Korolev City, Bounty Hunter, Ice-van-man
SH-Alfa/Soul Hunters PvP Division

Traesk
12.08.2013 , 07:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by -KeggER- View Post
Are there any plans to implement flight stick compatibility? In SWG JTL, I never was fond of using mouse/kb. It would add a whole new feel if I could use my Saitek x-52

I do like what they've done so far. The physics are similar to that of the old SWG JTL. It's nice to have a star wars based space sim again =)
I would very much like it if I could use my x-52 as well.

Zoom_VI
12.08.2013 , 08:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ronyo View Post
+1

Flightstick support should have been there already. BW's erratic mouse control scheme gives me a headache. I spend more time spinning in circles attempting to find the pointer than I do actually flying; I usually get it straightened out just in time to be picked off. While they're at it, they could add some camera controls, I would prefer to zoom in and have a HUD view instead of 3rd person. I would love to see TIR support, however, I find it doubtful that will happen.
this sounds like a l2p. I have no idea what you mean by spinning in circles while finding the cursor, I never have this problem.

I have noticed that all the people saying the controls are awful and joysticks are superior are all people who claim to be late 90s flight sim experts. Maybe those Sims just teach bad habits for gsf. The new generations don't have any issue going without archaic joysticks.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Mallorik
12.08.2013 , 08:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
this sounds like a l2p. I have no idea what you mean by spinning in circles while finding the cursor, I never have this problem.

I have noticed that all the people saying the controls are awful and joysticks are superior are all people who claim to be late 90s flight sim experts. Maybe those Sims just teach bad habits for gsf. The new generations don't have any issue going without archaic joysticks.
Yeah you flight stick people learned bad habits, all the flight games these days are mouse only control that don't use those "archaic" joysticks. Oh wait, they all use them.

-KeggER-
12.08.2013 , 08:54 PM | #28
Why not implement something that a lot of people are asking for? ppl happy>more ppl play>ppl play longer>we all haz more funz
Keggr - Pot5 [Def Squad] Imperial GSF Pilot / BH

PEW PEW to KILL

Kombatikon
12.08.2013 , 08:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by amaresch View Post
And throttle. We have go, we have go faster only when holding w. Boost with spacebar (which I'm fine with)
we have slow down, again only while holding down s. And we have full stop only with x ( which I can deal with). I would like to have a scalable, holdable throttle input. Yes, I am a flight /space sim veteran.

Not as important to me as having configurable joystick, but it is still a tactical consideration. I realize this will never be a sim but since Christmas is coming up I felt I should ask for it.
NOT A SPACE SIM!! Can you people not get this at all its not a space sim

reclipsed
12.08.2013 , 09:57 PM | #30
I've posted this opinion before. The more you get used to using a mouse, the more you realize a joystick is a bad idea. Flight and aiming is too minute twitchy.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche