Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do people hate or love Galactic Starfighter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do people hate or love Galactic Starfighter?

PLynkes's Avatar


PLynkes
03.25.2014 , 04:59 AM | #191
Played it a little in the early access phase, but quickly grew bored with it, mostly due to the limited maps and single game mode. Now I've decided to return and give it another go and this time I just can't seem to get the hang of it at all (which is odd, because I did okay before - but I guess everybody was a noob back then).

This is currently my biggest block to enjoying it. Simply getting blown up all the time is no fun, and I don't really feel inclined to persist in the hope of getting better at it, because right now it is just not enjoyable in any way. I'd rather be doing almost anything else in the game than this.

So I think it's best to conclude that it's just not for me. It ain't fun, and I want to spend my online gaming time having fun.

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
03.25.2014 , 06:22 AM | #192
for me that now spends all my time in pvp i have found GSF to be amazing, yes theres some issues to be addressed but its still early but overal the space pvp is amazing and its all i do now plus the odd ground pvp match.

i love how skill plays so much a deciding factor in space pvp than ground pvp theres far more balence.

Those that complain about bombers, gunships havnt really learned everything. i love going out on my scout, fighter just to go after the gunships, bombers, and also love getting into some 1 on 1's with another gunship while on a gunship.

i love the moments im being focused and trying to evade them, draw them to my team mates, trying to out manuver them, sometimes win and sometimes i lose out.

i also find i remember players names in space pvp that are good, bad far more than i did in ground pvp.

i also find the majority of the space pvp community to be really good have a bit of banter etc and rarely see any rude, nasty players.

i hope they keep at this and keep it growing and growing.

the things i would like to see is:

*More game modes to throw more varity into the matches u play,
*More maps
*Variations of each game mode,
*MOST IMPORTANT: Ranked queue
*MOST IMPORTANT: Leaderboards
*Also would like to see laods more different ship paint designs ranging in massive different styles, basically alot more cosmetic options.
*Ability to inspect ya team at start of match to see how experienced, lack off etc to provide more help if needed.
*increased ship limit to take into a fight so potentially you could take 2 of each class set up different

also at some point like to see increased size in some battlezones with more pilots on each side, 16v16, 20v20 etc.

Keep up the good work bioware with GSF and please keep the content for GSF comming thick and fast.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Lendul's Avatar


Lendul
03.25.2014 , 05:15 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
This is currently my biggest block to enjoying it. Simply getting blown up all the time is no fun, and I don't really feel inclined to persist in the hope of getting better at it, because right now it is just not enjoyable in any way. I'd rather be doing almost anything else in the game than this.

So I think it's best to conclude that it's just not for me. It ain't fun, and I want to spend my online gaming time having fun.
The only way to gain experience is by doing. I am guessing you do not run operations and flashpoints until they are on pug farm status either because you do not like wiping?
Leader of Grace by Faith
Recruitment Video
May the LORD be with you
Referral Link:http://www.swtor.com/r/tlLm5v

Mallorik's Avatar


Mallorik
03.25.2014 , 05:33 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
The only way to gain experience is by doing. I am guessing you do not run operations and flashpoints until they are on pug farm status either because you do not like wiping?
Or the devs could stop running off all their potential customers and make rated or brackets so the new people get some practice instead being perma wreckage. But you can keep arguing against it until theres nobody left.

QuinMantha's Avatar


QuinMantha
03.25.2014 , 05:37 PM | #195
...is that a 'yes'?
Ebon Hawkin' And Totally Rockin'

- Cmdr. Rhint Mantha, Jedi Knight, <Blue Squadron>
- Mjr. Galbaldy Mantha, Trooper
- Tsun'pahn, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler

Kalphitis's Avatar


Kalphitis
03.25.2014 , 07:16 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
Or the devs could stop running off all their potential customers and make rated or brackets so the new people get some practice instead being perma wreckage. But you can keep arguing against it until theres nobody left.
You make it sound like GSF is declining, but it is not. Over the past few months, I've seen more and more players, and the average skill levels are increasing. I've seen some previously 'unbeatable premades' lose in recent weeks, and that is a very good feeling.

Unless you have numbers, I feel like your argument loses....

Mandrace's Avatar


Mandrace
10.03.2014 , 04:27 PM | #197
The idea and concept of it I DID like a whole lot since I just love the daily space missions. However when I first tried a couple of times I just dropped it out of disappointment or hate, maybe both.

Too me the controls are too sensitive and completely whacky, half the time I'm just trying to steer and find my target before I can even shoot people. So most of the time I am just flying around in circles like a *******.

So, I prefer the daily space missions because THAT feels more solid to me, but that may be because it's just on a rail of it's own.

magecutter's Avatar


magecutter
10.03.2014 , 07:05 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrace View Post
Too me the controls are too sensitive and completely whacky, half the time I'm just trying to steer and find my target before I can even shoot people. So most of the time I am just flying around in circles like a *******.
turn down the sensitivity on your mouse. makes a huge difference.
to learn more on how to target and shoot check out Scrab's youtube GSF vids...
Scrab's GSF channel

also, check out Drakkolich's educational stream post (and stream too of course).

both very good pilots and very helpful for new players.

best of luck

(in before "the necro is strong with this one" posts - )

demotivator's Avatar


demotivator
10.06.2014 , 04:27 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
It's fairly ok, not bad but nothing to be overly excited in my book.

A few things that suck, that really, really suck:
- Way too many obstacles. I want to be able to dogfight without all these stuffs in the way, something like the maps from the Battlefront games.
- Secondary weapon. For the love of the Maker, please put a long CD on this thing. All I hear lately is that bell telling me that I'm locked. As more people get used to the full abilities of their ship, the game is turning in a spam feast of missile lock - missile lock - missile lock - missile lock - missile lock - missile lock - missile lock - missile lock... Constantly evading locks is already getting old and it's day #3.
- The camera is way too close to the ship. Let us zoom out!
This was my post from last year (day #3 as quoted). Quickly after I grew tired of GSF, I still committed myself to finish mastering my scout and then swore I would never queue again.

Conquest objectives have changed that and I took the dust off my scout while trying out other ships. From these 3 points I noted months ago, obstacles and camera, I have been able to live with them. Missile locks, I will never be able to. Nothing has changed, you are constantly getting locked which constantly forces you to try to LOS your pursuer or maneuver and I fail to see where the fun is.
Randomizing your forums.

Rawbee's Avatar


Rawbee
10.06.2014 , 08:52 AM | #200
I like it better the PUGging. I hate when people complain about your gear while in a PUG. I complain about my gear enough and don't need you to tell me it sucks. The action seems too quick to allow people to troll the chat window so I like it. Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

For the game play and objectives, I don't really know what is going on and where to go.. I guess I am too newb or suck either way I just fly around asteroids and hit X.

I do like that it costs a lot of money to upgrade the ships so you can make a difference. I also like the fact that you see 15 people with only 2 ships (beginners) and the other team has 15 members with 8 ship choices.. I would say keep the ship choices secret on the opposing team so that you don't get a mass exit before the start of the match.