Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BiS Relics for Healers PvP/PvE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BiS Relics for Healers PvP/PvE

Darth_Dreselus
12.23.2013 , 11:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
But It's better than the conqueror FR, right? So it's a good replacement until you can get the Obroan
Might as well. I don't really bother with below BiS relics =D
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

MASOLIZ
12.29.2013 , 06:25 PM | #12
So I've got Obroan SA and Ark BA atm on my op healer. Hes my 4th alt so no huge rush but thinking of picking up the Obroan FR which from what I'm reading seems the way to go, as I said he's an alt for my guild raids I normally dps or tank so til be awhile before I get DF relics. Is that right? Figure you guys know more about healing than me, and it shows from this thread already

Orderken
12.30.2013 , 07:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MASOLIZ View Post
So I've got Obroan SA and Ark BA atm on my op healer. Hes my 4th alt so no huge rush but thinking of picking up the Obroan FR which from what I'm reading seems the way to go, as I said he's an alt for my guild raids I normally dps or tank so til be awhile before I get DF relics. Is that right? Figure you guys know more about healing than me, and it shows from this thread already
Yes, in this case, an Obroan FR relic would be the ideal replacement for your Arkanian BA relic. In fact, it's slightly better than an Obroan SA relic.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five

Guides and Model for Healing
Sorcerer / Sage / Mercenary / Commando / Operative / Scoundrel

MASOLIZ
12.30.2013 , 12:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
Yes, in this case, an Obroan FR relic would be the ideal replacement for your Arkanian BA relic. In fact, it's slightly better than an Obroan SA relic.
Ahh ok ty cpl more wz's and I can get it was just making sure

paowee
01.02.2014 , 03:30 PM | #15
What do you guys think of Oofalong's relic spreadsheet?

DF FR + KD SA for healing specializations and DPS specs with self-heal

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ive_web#gid=10

DPS with self-heal

DF SA & DF FR parsed ~3350 versus
KD SA & DF FR parsed ~3500
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Orderken
01.02.2014 , 04:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
What do you guys think of Oofalong's relic spreadsheet?

DF SA & DF FR parsed ~3350 versus
KD SA & DF FR parsed ~3500
Though it's not meant for healers, the ranking of relics is the same for healers who maintain a DOT.

It's accurate for ranking relics for DPS classes, which is what matters most. That said --

1. The spreadsheet's formula are rough approximations.

2. The DPS increase from a "double" proccing relic will have a different average and variance based on the frequency of self-healing for each particular class and specialization.

2. If you copied the above quoted DPS from the spreadsheet, there are errors. For a DPS in BIS 78s, the claim that the average increase in DPS from substituting KD SA for DF SA is 4.48% is incredible. In contrast, for a Sorcerer|Sage healer in BIS 78s, the maximum increase in healing from substituting KD SA for DF SA has an upper bound of 1.29%, which is three-and-a-half times less.

paowee
01.03.2014 , 02:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
Though it's not meant for healers, the ranking of relics is the same for healers who maintain a DOT.

It's accurate for ranking relics for DPS classes, which is what matters most. That said --

1. The spreadsheet's formula are rough approximations.

2. The DPS increase from a "double" proccing relic will have a different average and variance based on the frequency of self-healing for each particular class and specialization.

2. If you copied the above quoted DPS from the spreadsheet, there are errors. For a DPS in BIS 78s, the claim that the average increase in DPS from substituting KD SA for DF SA is 4.48% is incredible. In contrast, for a Sorcerer|Sage healer in BIS 78s, the maximum increase in healing from substituting KD SA for DF SA has an upper bound of 1.29%, which is three-and-a-half times less.
Oh you're right. nice catch. The healrs would need to put a DoT for the "combine" effect to take place.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Orderken
01.03.2014 , 09:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Oh you're right. nice catch. The healrs would need to put a DoT for the "combine" effect to take place.
Dreselus keeps the OP up-to-date. It includes an excellent write-up on how a healer of any class should choose relics, considering, among other factors, the feasibility of maintaining a DOT.

Also, today I did two 30-minute parses with my Annihilation Marauder on my ship's Operations Training Dummy. This test confirms my theorycrafting: expecting a DPS increase of 4.48% from using a KD SA instead of a DF SA is absurd.

Test conditions were designed to investigate an upper bound for the percentage increase in DPS from a "double" proccing SA: the Dummy had infinite health and no armor debuff; I never used Frenzy, Bloodthirst, or Adrenals; and I maximized the uptime of self-healing.

For the first parse, I had a DF FR and an empty relic slot. For the second parse, I had a DF FR and an unaugmented UW SA. The second parse was 2.09% higher.

Darth_Dreselus
01.15.2014 , 02:12 PM | #19
Updated for 2.5.2 and fixed a huge mistake in the OP, which nobody noticed =D
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

cs_zoltan
01.15.2014 , 02:48 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Updated for 2.5.2 and fixed a huge mistake in the OP, which nobody noticed =D
Did they change something? oO
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy