Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.03.2013 , 10:05 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

I would like to welcome you all to the official Galactic Starfighter forum. This forum will be the place to talk about all things GSF. Whether it is your favorite ship role, map strategies, or even your specific loadout. Not only will the Community team be looking through the forum but the Galactic Starfighter team will definitely be reading it as well. They may even post now and again

To help us with the launch of our new Galactic Starfighter forum, there are 10 new forum avatars for your choosing. Just head to your account page to change it.

Thank you everyone, see you in space!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joesixxpack
12.03.2013 , 10:36 AM | #2
All your spaces are belong to The Republic.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

MajikMyst
12.04.2013 , 08:41 AM | #3
GSF Forum.. I see what you did there..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

dazednconfuzed
12.04.2013 , 08:58 AM | #4
Hey Eric, I'd like to make a request for a new sticky please.

Put up a sticky post explaining why we only have PvP in GSF. There are lots of people commenting about it, but none seem to have seen the original announcement saying there was a problem getting the AI to work for PvE scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I, along with many other people, would love to see PvE GSF missions, but explaining why we can't have that yet might help calm some people down.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

VanderII
12.05.2013 , 04:33 AM | #5
ooooh a new forum Hello lads
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

PanchoPerconte
12.05.2013 , 11:05 AM | #6
A total disappointment, the amazing videos and stories is so far away from real. I am a veteran ship gaming player, mostly came from Freelancer. And this is just a joke. Controls and movement of the ship really sucks.
Nice try.

Andryah
12.05.2013 , 12:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed View Post
Put up a sticky post explaining why we only have PvP in GSF. There are lots of people commenting about it, but none seem to have seen the original announcement saying there was a problem getting the AI to work for PvE scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I, along with many other people, would love to see PvE GSF missions, but explaining why we can't have that yet might help calm some people down.
Thing is....since you only see ships, and are not in player character on player character combat... it's less like classic MMO PvP and more like PvE against very good AI (in most cases ). That's the way it feels to me anyway.. and it's better AI in most cases then if they gave us actual AI driven PvE versions of GS.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Grandmasterdark
12.05.2013 , 08:57 PM | #8
For the new expansion i was hoping for more of a destroy the enemy ship( like star wars battle front) Kinda disappointing.

Ginwho
12.07.2013 , 08:56 AM | #9
Well I love Galactic Starfighter. It's challenging, but fun. To those that dislike it...guys...just keep playing and keep upgrading your ships. The more you upgrade your weapons and buffs, the easier it gets. I remember seeing one guy getting 18 kills in a game so far, and I asked how in the world did he do that. Then a few games later I started getting 2, 4, then 6 kills in a game. I know it's no 18, but I've only been playing for a couple days and out of that probably only 8 or 9 games.

Hint, it really helps when firing to boost your weapons! Hit F1 and see how much easier it is to kill. Just make sure to hit F4 again to reset or if your getting good, make sure you use the appropriate setting, like boost shields via F2 if you're getting hammered, or F3 if you think you can outmaneuver them, if you're in say, a scout ship. Really guys, I sucked when I started, but it gets noticeably easier when you get the upgrades.

Also, if you suck at fighting in the beginning, just try to cap points. You can do very well just doing that sometimes.

HoloGrinder
01.27.2014 , 01:03 AM | #10
On my server the republic loads up a whole team of 4 to 5 ship players in almost every game. The same ones over and over that appear to be in premade groups. The Impire however is 90% 2 to 3 shipers. This is creating an over 90% loss for the Impire. Some may say the answer is to get better but when 90% of the games are losses and the republic defends there 9 turrets the whole time while racking up 10-20 kills each while your whole team is lucky to get 3 kills it is difficult to gain any requisition and thus upgrade at all much less keep pace with them. You can't catch up getting 100-250 requisition every match while those you are supposed to catch up to are pulling in 1,000-2,000 requesition.

I believe that the under dogs should get the lions share of the requisition granted after a match win or lose so that they might one day actually catch up and balance the game.

A simple way to do it would be to average the total requisition EVER earned by each team and award 1% of it it to each pilot on the other team in addition to what they get normally.

This way the noob team's average lifetime requisition earning would be small and there enemy would gain little due to the lack of challenge.

On the other hand the new players that stick it out against the all 5 ship premade ace team would get a ton of requisition even if they lost because 1% of what the Aces had ever earned would be huge which would allow them to catch up and balance space pvp.

Even matched games at all skill levels would award slightly more to the winning team which would be small if both teams where new and huge if both teams where masters.

I recommend doing this until the wins and losses across all servers where running 50/50 and then cutting it off to stop inflation until such a time should arise when it was out of whack again.

To many people have given up on GSF already due to this imbalance and more are quitting every day. Or worse they have switched and now play pub in space so they can win. Fix this please before GSF becomes a pub only thing.