Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sithstorm
12.04.2013 , 11:41 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Justbee View Post
well assuming a starfighter elemnt comes out, i would wish PVE content......and playable with joystick or at least far better controls for my spacefighter.
next would be far more speed. all trailer vids show fast spacecombat, i nearly fell asleep playing GSF..slow ship bad aiming, slow wepons, etc.
this complete expansio nfeels slow.....
LOL I thought the slow speed was just me not knowing what I was doing. But after playing for a while I realized that I was moving top speed. What a joke!

JesusSkawalker
12.04.2013 , 11:52 PM | #52
Ya I have been a 9-5 player for a couple weeks leading up to the new patch and now i cant even get to the character selection screen. You cant say its my computer because ive checked and rechecked that all my drivers are updated and plus i was able to get on before the update. Its ridiculous how much i invest in this game and constantly get let down by the service. There isn't a mobile game out there that if the creators messed up that they compensate those effected. Thus why pc games are on the outs. Customer service is crap for pc games.

Lordashboomstick
12.05.2013 , 12:26 AM | #53
OK ! I have played this a lot for the last 24 hours . its fun for awhile but then what? I truly do not understand who you guys pay in a board room to come up with these ideas and then someone says "that's great! that's just what we need to do !" 1st off Requisition system: there IS indeed already a system in game to barter goods with (its called credits) no need for this at all now we have requisition,fleet requisition,credits,cartel coins,planetary comms....smh. (2): why on earth did you guys not make these ship parts CRAFTABLE???. it might actually give someone the incentive to craft .(3) what incentive do I have to upgrade my ship if when I do I will then just be grouped into a higher brackette with players who have upgraded ? I never get an edge. I may as well just stock pile "requistions" from the get go and never add anything to my ship and just play the newbies that come in . ps does not any of your paid proffesionals working on this game NOT play other mmo's? do you guys really think this is better then other games that have came before it and this requisition system is the best way to go ?? have any of you ever played a little game called SWG ??? not only is this not better than that space game (jump to light speed) it is not even as good as it and this is about 15 years later ...way to push the envelope bioware your team is top notch . I hope you all pat yourselves on the back every afternoon and compliment each other on how awesome you guys are at your job . . PS NO JOYSTICK USE IS FAIL

thomasbaxter
12.05.2013 , 02:02 AM | #54
I don't get the people who are complaining about GSF. As someone who loves space combat shooters like Wing Commander and X-wing etc I'd have to say it's pretty on par with them.

The speed is about normal for space combat, so you use your thrust sparingly. I like this. Yeah I would happily welcome about a 100% faster speed increase because it adds to the challenge but I wouldn't say the current speed is horrendous. The aiming is also on par with Wing Commander. Aim for the red circle to allow for distance etc. Age old system, I like it. It works for me. The missile lock for the left ship is great. So satisfying to get a lock and let 'er rip .

If there's any improvements I'd like to see it would be that stationary items such as the turrets had a little more indication of where they are. Be it on the map or on the screen itself as, I may be blind but I find myself circling the stations to try and find these turrets because they blend too well in. Also we defo need a cockpit view, that's a BIGGIE

other than that absolutely love this and so excited for the future.

Baerschke
12.05.2013 , 03:03 AM | #55
A short time makes it fun, but there is nothing which will motivate me long. The same PvP arenas as always, in 3D. Nothing really new. Not even a joystick is supported.

X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter has offered much more fun and better missions over 15 years ago. In multiplayer PvP and demanding missions are possible.

It's only a missed opportunity more in this game.

archifikoss
12.05.2013 , 03:45 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Baerschke View Post
A short time makes it fun, but there is nothing which will motivate me long. The same PvP arenas as always, in 3D. Nothing really new. Not even a joystick is supported.

X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter has offered much more fun and better missions over 15 years ago. In multiplayer PvP and demanding missions are possible.

It's only a missed opportunity more in this game.
Two points:
- X-wing vs TIE fighter was a stand alone space shooter, not an extra "free"* add-on to a traditional MMORPG
- The devs have stated that they will add more ships and game modes to GSF

I don't consider it a missed opportunity - yet. As long as Bioware updates it regularly and doesn't let it fall to the wayside we can consider the current version of GSF a pretty good foundation for something bigger and, hopefully, special.

It's current version is rather bare-bones, yes, and it does have a number of issues (I've posted about them a lot and once earlier in this thread), but as long as it receives the attention it needs we should have a very nice "game within the game" in the coming months I really hope it succeeds!

* = Nothing's ever free, hence the quotation marks.

thomasbaxter
12.05.2013 , 09:06 AM | #57
You cannot compare X-wing vs tie fighter, a standalone established game that was a fully finished product with GSF which has just been released and will be expanded on. Yes there are tweaks needed to be made and DOMINATION is a lame game mode but this is just the start.

I think most people will say the battle on hoth is probably the most memorable from most star wars games (star wars trilogy arcade, shadows of the empire etc) so imagine there being a 12 v 12 battle like that on hoth or, and I know this is a bit ahead of itself, but perhaps there could be a way of having a ground team with guns fighting against an air team trying to destroy their base (like COD).

One extra thing I would like to see that would tie in the GSF a bit better with the main swtor (as it feels a bit tacked on just now) is the ability to have a hanger for it on your characters ship. A small hanger or something so u can see all the c ustomisations you've made and enter GSF from there too.

Throwing even bigger ideas out it would be cool to have a space battle that takes place during the star wars movie saga. Yeh it's 4000 years in the future but there's ways around that (some sort of vision of the future you see when on voss etc that propels you to the skywalker years)

Just spitballing but as you can see I like this

schmerzbringer
12.06.2013 , 09:23 AM | #58
Thank you very much for GS. It is great. For the second time, I got this big star wars feeling, flying around.

I remember in Dec. 2011 when I got my first lightsaber. Great emotions. And now I got this. Perfect.

Please, build a death star, so that we can destroy it. Oh, I feel to be Luke skywalker. I want it.

Luke: It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.
General Dodonna: Then man your ships. And may the Force be with you.

Thanks for GS.

thomasbaxter
12.06.2013 , 09:40 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by schmerzbringer View Post
Thank you very much for GS. It is great. For the second time, I got this big star wars feeling, flying around.

I remember in Dec. 2011 when I got my first lightsaber. Great emotions. And now I got this. Perfect.

Please, build a death star, so that we can destroy it. Oh, I feel to be Luke skywalker. I want it.

Luke: It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.
General Dodonna: Then man your ships. And may the Force be with you.

Thanks for GS.
I agree. For those that say the death star doesn't fit in with the old republic lore etc I still say there are ways around this ie a mission on voss where you see a vision of the future (4000 years) when the death star is blown up or something similar. Not everything has to be taking place in the old republic time (I mean it doesn't exactly mess up our heads that one minute
Spoiler

Do love GS. We need to integrate it better into the rest of swtor now. At the moment it's like a tacked on standalone game. We need to see our characters in the ships, have hangers for our gs ships on our main PVE ships, add crew skill missions to build ship parts and dye packs. Sky's the limit and more

Joushigun
12.06.2013 , 08:30 PM | #60
Well, I tried the beta, gave it one last shot live, and got so bored I didn't last a whole match.

When can we please have SGRA's and some more single person story lines?
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen