Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xeta
12.03.2013 , 05:38 PM | #31
Thank you for this, BioWare. My new favorite part of the game.
Xeta - Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, Assassin, Rancor Handler, etc.
Formerly Flurry (SWG), currently The Bastion (lol)

<Twin Sun Mercenaries>

adamqd
12.03.2013 , 06:15 PM | #32
Lasted about 3.5 minutes, what a weird clunky Child you have bore Bioware. I literally can not hate it more, Galactic Starfighter is not what I expected... to be polite, and Makeb is the least Star Wars thing I've ever experienced see you in 12 months.

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

Howllet-James-L
12.03.2013 , 06:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
I

It's far from perfect though! Here are some first impression gripes:
- Now that I've tried it, I feel that native joystick support is a must!
- It doesn't feel as smooth as it should (see Freelancer for a very smooth mouse-controlled space sim)
- I don't like the whole "hold R-mouse to lock misslie" thing - it feels very awkward.

- Needs more game modes! I know they're on their way but I feel that these two maps will get old fast.
couldn't agree more its a great first step but that just it A FIRST STEP we are far of the complete/perfected space pvp, the handling was sluggish, felt like the space mission controls with some add ons,
I think you need to change the whole loop function (A,D keys) with a master key (say shift +A/D=loop) and let the A, D keys be normal turn keys again so that the mouse will only handle targeting.
the missiles relies/targeting needs to be smoother so it fires independently when it get a lock

but other then that its a smooth ride and i expect many great things to come, both in pve and pvp,
beacose this game has virtually unlimited potential and i belive that the ppl who gave me Mass Affect are the ppl who can realize that potential
thank you biowere, now get beck to work

Hetfieldultex
12.03.2013 , 06:48 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
Can't log in. My computer locks up as soon as I get to the loading screen (which is awesome btw).

I was able to log in yesterday though

Edit: Can log in now. Weird. Must of been a glitch.
Same thing is happening to me. ive been trying for the past 2 hrs

Serrit
12.03.2013 , 07:21 PM | #35
I've been playing this most of the evening, and am really enjoying it so far.
The whole power shifting between weapons/shields/engines brought back fond memories of Tie Fighter :-D

The different ships and loadouts look interesting, with the various components, crew skills, and upgrade paths. It's nice to think about how they synergise for each ship class (e.g. stacking evasive bonuses on a Scout, or Hull/Shield multipliers on the Gunship).

I'm looking forward to future maps as well (hoping there's going to be one where player fighters are dogfighting amidst capital ships slogging it out !)

Kenoi
12.03.2013 , 07:55 PM | #36
I enjoy it a lot, it's almost a little break from grinding.
And the new cut scenes when traveling to fleet are really nice, too.
Light the soul, like a kiln.
Something, something, something Darkside

mrsatov
12.03.2013 , 09:00 PM | #37
Wow, I can't believe people can HATE it so much. I mean, fine, not what you expected, not your cup of tea, whatever, get over it. I don't play the kind of game that specializes in this stuff, but it was interesting. Like others say, the controls are pretty whack - customizing will be first order of business, if possible - and if not, they need to get on fixing it so it IS customizable. It would be nice to add PVE to the platform too. I can live without it, but I usually prefer it.

I had a problem nobody else seems to have mentioned (or that I could find). Overall the update works fine for me, although it's slower to load now, but I have a problem with the gifted adaptive armor we got for subscribing before Nov 3rd or whenever. 2 of the 4 sets have their textures missing! They show up as what looks like pink silk when I wear them, and when I do the ctrl-Lclick to preview them they show up as tiles saying MISSING. My friend opened his at the same time and his were fine. However, I could not see his, as he was wearing the same one I had with textures missing. Not sure how I can fix this. Also, I have 8 characters and it's the same on all of them. Same set.
Pardon my AFKs, I work while I play. Or is it, play while I work? Hmmm....

Xakhareth
12.03.2013 , 09:37 PM | #38
Ok, I've been a subscriber since Beta and ...

this expansion stinks.

I tried it ... find it completely non-intuitive, slow, confusing, and populated by a small group of ace fighters and a bunch of folks like me who ... blow up a lot.

It's unfortunate because I'm one of those who tends to spend far too much on the Cartel Market. But, I won't be buying anything for this aspect of the game.

I wish nothing but the best for PvPers and Bioware on this one, but gosh ...

it really stinks.

Rotaruc
12.03.2013 , 09:55 PM | #39
I think people are just upset because they suck at it. no offense to anyone lol. This expansion is actually Better than i expected. Sure its a little confusing and they could improve/add a few things but cmon guys... you're all saying it sucks so bad but it doesnt. I dont know what you guys mean by "blowing up" either. Crashing into things??? Dunno but the controls are very impressive imo. they couldn't be any easier to use and im playing on a laptop... My first few matches i managed to score about 5 kills 7 assists and 5 deaths in total (decent pilot ) The conversion of requisition to fleet req using cartel coins is pretty cheap. which is a good thing I also like the fact that you have to earn/work for Al your purchases and upgrades. great job avoiding p2w. Only thing I'd say to change is the way we spawn. I find it really strange how we jump out of light speed to spawn. I recommend making it a little more like battlefront where we spawn back in our teams main ship and hop in the ship type of our choice in a hangar. Take off and start the engines on our own and everything too.

To those of you that are upset... practice and actually try.... Not everything can be p2w. not everyone wants p2w. sorry lol but yeah some skill-YES 'SKILL' is required. Google it if u dont know what "skill" is.

Pugadude
12.03.2013 , 10:12 PM | #40
Well I was so Excited to Get into my Ship, BUT I had this feeling that something wasnt going to go as planned. Just as the load window comes up, of this great Star Ship Battle, it goes Dark. all i have to look at is my pointer with a circle going round and round. Just like i suspected, EPIC FAIL!!!! It doesnt load up. what a bummer. hopefully it gets fixed by tomorrow. Good Night!!