Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glower
12.03.2013 , 02:56 PM | #21
What a waste of devs time...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Glower
12.03.2013 , 02:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Is Space PvP going to be developed alongside Ground PvP, or is Space PvP stealing dev time away from the Ground game?

This is a big concern for a lot of PvPers right now, a dev response would be great to give us some peace of mind.
^this
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)

Glower
12.03.2013 , 02:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Chirru View Post
Gratz to all aracade-game players...hopefully you stop complaining now.
As a dedicated None-aracade-game player, for me, this is all a waste of disk-space.
No,I will not quit the game. I just keep believing that sometime in the far future the team will
decide to advance the Character stories.

Again, gratz to the dedicated aracade-game players.
PvP players? Hm... Fixed for ya. Thanks me later!

cashogy_reborn
12.03.2013 , 03:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Chirru View Post
Gratz to all PvP players...hopefully you stop complaining now.
As a dedicated None-PvP player, for me, this is all a waste of disk-space.
No,I will not quit the game. I just keep believing that sometime in the far future the team will
decide to advance the Character stories.

Again, gratz to the dedicated PvP players.
A lot of the 'only PvP' type players have very little interest in GSF. IMO this expansion has no real strong appeal to any particular niche of the gaming community. And considering it seems that Bioware is going to use GSF updates to satisfy the PvP crowd, it could go south real fast.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Katushe
12.03.2013 , 03:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
For all the nay sayers I have to ask. What is it you DO want? Assuming a starfighter element of some type came out, what is it you wanted vs. what it actually is?
Many things, but starfighter should not be a must. Star travel could have done it much better.

And I want script. Story. Choices. Replies. Starwars fantasy. That's why I am here. Not to chase some circles around some walls and rocks.
I am happy, anyhow, that I am not alone in hating this. Makes me feel less misplaced in this game.

Fleurdelis
12.03.2013 , 04:14 PM | #26
Had to get to work so haven't had much time to play but it looks awesome. Only wish there were joystick controls. Looking forward to exploring more of this tonight.

Esro-Falak
12.03.2013 , 04:50 PM | #27
I believe this picture says it all.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/...psde3d983c.png
And God said, "Let them drink Mountain Dew." And there was much rejoicing.

archifikoss
12.03.2013 , 05:10 PM | #28
I resubbed after 1,5 years just for GS and I'm glad I did - I enjoyed my first few matches! And I didn't encounter any bugs, crashes and the like so far. Thanks Bioware for this expansion

It's far from perfect though! Here are some first impression gripes:
- Now that I've tried it, I feel that native joystick support is a must!
- It doesn't feel as smooth as it should (see Freelancer for a very smooth mouse-controlled space sim)
- I don't like the whole "hold R-mouse to lock misslie" thing - it feels very awkward.
- I am not too fond of the UI - maybe I just need to get more used to it but I don't feel like critical information is being conveyed to me well enough. I need to play some more though before I can come up with more detailed feedback.
- Needs more game modes! I know they're on their way but I feel that these two maps will get old fast.
- I would love a cokpit view personally!

Despite all my gripes I had fun. But I feel that there is huge room for improvement, and hope that BW adds onto GS as quickly as possible because there is the danger that once the novelty wears off people will not bother with it without regular updates and proper attention paid to it.

See you all in my sights

Sarfux
12.03.2013 , 05:12 PM | #29
Some just complain way too much. This is just the beginning of a giant new thing for SWTOR that will only keep making the game bigger and better. I'm surprised some people actually think BioWare will not improve on GS and just leave it as it is.

Relax, sit back and just have some fun on it. You don't need to nitpick everything to death. In the end, you will only make yourself feel horrible because you won't like it. SWTOR was never meant to be a space sim like EVE. Sure, they could put in free space exploration somewhat, in the future but it's not going to be an EVE clone. Sorry for those who want EVE in Star Wars. It's not going to happen.

Good job BioWare with the latest expansion. I am looking forward to more things to come to the game and I believe the game is headed in a completely better path than it was before. Very good

Enjoy yourselves out there!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

ferreyrolajedi
12.03.2013 , 05:28 PM | #30
I downloaded the patch and the game isn´t working. I have a pink screen after the presentation.
There is anything I can do to fix it? The game was fine last night.