Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Galactic Starfighter Crew Members

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Galactic Starfighter Crew Members
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
12.02.2013 , 04:43 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Starfighters do not maintain themselves! Find out more about your Crew Members in Galactic Starfighter.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Iwipe
12.02.2013 , 05:02 PM | #2
Best part of the crew system is that I can access all the companions available to my faction and cherry pick the ones I like (i.e. Blizz)

Tatile
12.02.2013 , 05:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Starfighters do not maintain themselves! Found out more about your Crew Members in Galactic Starfighter.

Read More
But do we get to talk to them? Conversations? No? :/

Evuo
12.02.2013 , 05:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Best part of the crew system is that I can access all the companions available to my faction and cherry pick the ones I like (i.e. Blizz)
Skadge

I can't wait to hear his dulcet tones again.

TalkingDinosaur
12.02.2013 , 07:07 PM | #5
Yay, I'm so glad we'll be able to talk to our companions again. I'm looking forward to the witty commentary that HK-51 will dish out.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

AshlaBoga
12.02.2013 , 09:46 PM | #6
I guess since I have 40/40 Imperial comps completed + [IMPERIAL] HK-51 completed I'll have quite the selection.

But I'm not sure which companions to use with which ship....

Anyone know the best Imperial Companion Combos for each ship?

Edit: NVM, Dulfy already posted it last week

Which is yet again, why Dulfy's site is a better resource of SWTOR information, than SWTOR.com
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JamieKirby
12.02.2013 , 11:51 PM | #7
I wonder how long it will take for the elitists to deem which companions are the best or worst to use depending on your playstyle and if you don't use what they say is the utmost best, you deemed a crap player.

Lyshar
12.03.2013 , 12:22 AM | #8
What about the achievement issue I heard about? Could shout it out as a bug as it may be one, but it might as well be a misguided intention.

Basically there are 3 achievements that give the valuable Fleet Requisition depending on what order you log on to your characters (assuming you did every class story and got both the special companions at least once). Meaning that the way it works we won't get it on our main characters if we just log in to start playing, and that's a waste of the valuable requisition that isn't legacy based.

Of course that seems to be how it was on the test server and I don't know if things changed. Haven't seen a clear advise from anyone on how to best handle it, so would be good if someone with a clearer insight (maybe a developer or moderator) could give a general guideline.

For all I know it actually checks the legacy to see if it's already to be awarded which would mess with my intentions to switch to chars I don't intend to space PvP with before going to the ones I do (doubtful but could happen). And for all I know they could have switched the Fleet requisition to being legacy wide (doubt that too).
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).

MegaGame
12.04.2013 , 09:11 AM | #9
To bad that crew from other toons are not unlock for other toons, I have all imp unlock, but even when have log in to all alts, I still only have acces to comps from the toon I am playing and not the alts.

Pharomir
12.04.2013 , 05:48 PM | #10
In the new starfighter menu, the crew members I select don't remain. They continuously return to the default selection when I click a different tab. I notice when I'm ready to launch, that the the passive bonuses are from the default crew and not the ones I had picked, so I return to the Crew tab and it is all reset. Any insight?