Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who (and why) is your favorite SW Character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Who (and why) is your favorite SW Character

Orono
12.04.2013 , 05:18 PM | #21
Although I've got plenty of favorites myself, the biggest would have to be Revan.

Now I know people have been giving him a bad rep lately but 2 things,

1. He's got probably the coolest armor set in the franchise (and now I've finally got it too!)

2. This guy's the original Jedi hero! Who else uses both light and dark side powers like him? Almost any Jedi (except maybe Galen Marek) has NOTHING on him.

And as for his 'death' I'll say this.. no body, no death.

That's right. You don't survive what he did and die *snap* just like that.

Anyway.. that's my two cents.

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
12.04.2013 , 06:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Orono View Post
Although I've got plenty of favorites myself, the biggest would have to be Revan.

Now I know people have been giving him a bad rep lately but 2 things,

1. He's got probably the coolest armor set in the franchise (and now I've finally got it too!)

2. This guy's the original Jedi hero! Who else uses both light and dark side powers like him? Almost any Jedi (except maybe Galen Marek) has NOTHING on him.

And as for his 'death' I'll say this.. no body, no death.

That's right. You don't survive what he did and die *snap* just like that.

Anyway.. that's my two cents.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Revan is definitely my favorite Jedi along with Qui-Gon Jinn. Too many people hate on him and I don't get it. My girlfriend is getting me a hardcover Revan book for xmas and I am so excited to read it I can't sit still.
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

kirorx
12.05.2013 , 11:12 AM | #23
Palpatine

Just overall best line delivery in the entire Saga IMO, I also love the Darth Plageus book.

He was just such a bad dude and said such awesome darkside stuff.

I used to be a Boba Fett guy, and he is stll cool...but once he became a clone of Jango, he just comes off as a stormtrooper in better armor. A bit cooler in the books and stuff, but movie wise...meh.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Kacynski
12.05.2013 , 08:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Did you ever read the Revenge of the Sith novel?
No, I didn't read the novels. And as I said in my post, they major factor that puts me off Anakin in the PT is the actor they chose for him and the way the movie is directed. I am really sad about this, because it is such a wasted opportunity. When I was waiting for the PT to come out, the thing I wanted to see most was the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and I can not even tell how big my disappointment was
Now, Anakin is really lost to me as a cool and likeable character because the first thing that pops into my mind about him is a picture of the slimy guy that played him in the movies with his poor puppy eyes drooling over Padme.
(nothing wrong with drooling over Padme, but it should be done in style )

Anyway this just brings me back to Obi-Wan, which I thing was exceptionally well played by Ewan McGregor, which is certainly a contributing factor to why he is my all time favorite (Alec Guiness has to be mentioned here too!)

Wolfninjajedi
12.05.2013 , 08:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kacynski View Post
No, I didn't read the novels. And as I said in my post, they major factor that puts me off Anakin in the PT is the actor they chose for him and the way the movie is directed. I am really sad about this, because it is such a wasted opportunity. When I was waiting for the PT to come out, the thing I wanted to see most was the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and I can not even tell how big my disappointment was
Now, Anakin is really lost to me as a cool and likeable character because the first thing that pops into my mind about him is a picture of the slimy guy that played him in the movies with his poor puppy eyes drooling over Padme.
(nothing wrong with drooling over Padme, but it should be done in style )

Anyway this just brings me back to Obi-Wan, which I thing was exceptionally well played by Ewan McGregor, which is certainly a contributing factor to why he is my all time favorite (Alec Guiness has to be mentioned here too!)
How could you not see the fall in Anakin throughout the movies?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kacynski
12.05.2013 , 09:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
How could you not see the fall in Anakin throughout the movies?
I did see it, but I did not believe it.
As I said in my first post about this topic, the setup was there. The story was there. The reasons where there. But the execution did not deliver.
This is ofc. highly opinionated, but I was deeply disappointed because the PT never made me believe that Anakin becomes the feared Darth Vader later on. I didn't see the Dark Side growing in him. All I did see was some inconsequential teenager angst.
It's not the story I am bitter about, it is the way this story has been told. And I specifically talk about the story of Anakins fall, many other story arcs in the PT I did greatly enjoy.

BradTheImpaler
12.05.2013 , 09:45 PM | #27
Jedi:

Qui-Gon, because he was an embodiment of the patience, humility and compassion of a dedicated Jedi, yet he was willing to question the 'wisdom of the Council'.

Sith:

Dooku, but I was torn between him and Plagueis. Mainly because he wasn't a typical raging reckless Sith but turned more for political reasons. He's kind of an ambiguous character since he was almost brought back into the Jedi by Yoda even near the end of the Clone Wars. He's also pretty damn good with a lightsaber!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Wolfninjajedi
12.05.2013 , 09:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kacynski View Post
I did see it, but I did not believe it.
As I said in my first post about this topic, the setup was there. The story was there. The reasons where there. But the execution did not deliver.
This is ofc. highly opinionated, but I was deeply disappointed because the PT never made me believe that Anakin becomes the feared Darth Vader later on. I didn't see the Dark Side growing in him. All I did see was some inconsequential teenager angst.
It's not the story I am bitter about, it is the way this story has been told. And I specifically talk about the story of Anakins fall, many other story arcs in the PT I did greatly enjoy.
Alright fair enough, your opinion after all.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheChervil
12.06.2013 , 12:01 AM | #29
I have always liked Wedge.
Great character and backstory and love his attitude towards things.

My fav though has to be Coran Horn.
It was fun to see his progression from a Corsec officer to a Rogue and then finding out his affinity for the Force.
Plus the fact that he is flawed. Sure he can use the Force, just not completely.
And Whistler has to be one of the best astromech droids in the series (sorry R2).

I would love to see him represented in the new trilogy, but doubt that will happen.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
12.06.2013 , 08:39 AM | #30
I would have to say Embo from TWC as my favorite character. He is just plain out awesome for his acrobatics and fighting abalities. Plus he was able to survive the box and survive a fistfight with Savage Opress. He is also awesome because he is able to use a hat as a weapon. My second favorite would have to be Jace Malcom for how he was almost able to defeat Malgus.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.