Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Supreme Chancellor Leontyne Saresh is a ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Supreme Chancellor Leontyne Saresh is a ...

JonStan
11.29.2013 , 07:22 AM | #1
Sith Lord or Imperial spy/puppet

She is a Warmonger (an the empire/emperor wants war ...)

She wants to relase General Rakton for only thousands of prisoners

Taris under her rule feels like a big trap for the Republic

In the Novels there are hints that she is on a power trip

She is angry at the end Makeb Storyline ( **** no full War with Hutt Cartel)

She makes Jace Malcom Supreme commander ... Why ....
(does Saresh know that he is the Ex-Lover of the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order)

Why was Darth Tommen so interested in killing of Janarus

Her slimy talks with the Republic Characters ... (reminds me of Palpatine talking with Anakin)

How she treat the workers on Taris

Her skin color is poison green

Her whole background stinks (From imperial slave to chancellor)
Her Codex Entry (look at the bold parts)

The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic serves as both political arbiter and leader of the free galaxy–and no one is better suited to the honor than Leontyne Saresh. Enslaved by the Empire as a young child, the charismatic, ambitious and fiercely intelligent Saresh escaped her captors to become a passionate opponent of Imperial injustices. After Imperial forces sacked the Republic capital of Coruscant to end the war, Saresh launched an illustrious political career that would win her a seat on the Republic Senate, governorship of Taris and a fearless reputation. When war erupted again, Saresh was elected by the Senate to replace Supreme Chancellor Janarus. Surrounded by ardent supporters and loyal political allies, she delivered an impassioned speech on the steps of the Senate tower calling for the eradication of the Sith Empire. Saresh’s rousing words inspired millions and gave birth to a new age in which the Republic would stop at nothing to win the conflict and ensure the galaxy’s freedom.

Excise
11.29.2013 , 09:00 AM | #2
Ha, nice theory.

I think Suresh is what she appears, though: a hard working leader who isn't afraid to be rough when dealing with the Empire.

Excise
11.29.2013 , 09:02 AM | #3
Also, the idea that a Sith Lord could become leader of the Republic without the Jedi noticing would be pretty ridiculous.

...Right...? Right.

JonStan
11.29.2013 , 10:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Excise View Post
Also, the idea that a Sith Lord could become leader of the Republic without the Jedi noticing would be pretty ridiculous.

...Right...? Right.
http://cdn-media.hollywood.com/image...-Palpatine.jpg

Bleeters
11.29.2013 , 10:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JonStan View Post
She is a Warmonger (an the empire/emperor wants war ...)
Against the Empire.

In terms of helping the Empire, she'd do a lot more if she wasn't pushing to Republic to maintain the offensive. I suppose the idea could be to feed the Republic military into the grinder and wittle them down by attrition, but that's not remotely what's happening. The Empire's being crushed.

Quote:
She wants to relase General Rakton for only thousands of prisoners
Yeah, I don't know why. It's easy enough to talk her out of it, mind.

Quote:
She is angry at the end Makeb Storyline ( **** no full War with Hutt Cartel)
That's not why she's angry. She's angry because she extended assistance to Makeb on the expectation the Republic would get something out of it, ideally to help fight the Empire. What they actually get are thousands of refugees and an ecologically dying planet.

Quote:
She makes Jace Malcom Supreme commander ... Why ....
(does Saresh know that he is the Ex-Lover of the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order)
If there's a logical reason for this I can't fathom it myself, but this always struck me as more as an attempt to bludgeon Malcom into being relevant again.

Quote:
Why was Darth Tommen so interested in killing of Janarus
Because he's Darth Tommen. He'd wage war on the sky just to destroy the clouds.

Quote:
Taris under her rule feels like a big trap for the Republic
I'm under the opinion that Taris was a massive waste of time and resources, but the rebuilding wasn't her idea. She got assigned there by political rivals because the reconstruction was previously where political careers went to die. Saresh didn't pioneer it. And if the plan was to remove Janarus and replace him with Saresh as an Imperial puppet, not destroying the rebuilding effort would've benefited them more than doing so.

I do feel there's something going on with her, but if she turns out to be an Imperial spy I'll be massively disappointed. I would find the idea of her being a Sith the whole time hilarious though, but then I'm still waiting for Satele to not be inept so the Jedi being oblivious wouldn't come as a surprise.

wishihadaname
11.29.2013 , 02:30 PM | #6
Don't qoute me on this but I think she appears in the Star Cabal meeting that the imperial agent crashes at the end of act 3. So no, she's not in with the imps, she's in with the guys trying to take out both sides and all force users in general.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

Excise
11.29.2013 , 03:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
Don't qoute me on this but I think she appears in the Star Cabal meeting that the imperial agent crashes at the end of act 3. So no, she's not in with the imps, she's in with the guys trying to take out both sides and all force users in general.
I've seen this mentioned before but I don't think it's the case. Wookiepedia has a pretty good list of the Star Cabal members and she isn't on it.

P.S. I totally quoted you on it. Mwahahahahaha.

Bleeters
11.29.2013 , 05:06 PM | #8
Wookiepedia isn't exactly a rock solid source for accurate information, but no. There was only one twilek present in any of the Star Cabal meetings, and that was Kolovish.

Zardac_the_Great
12.03.2013 , 12:16 PM | #9
I HATE that tentacle-head. I hated her on Taris, and I could not believe they made her Chancellor. It really galls me to have to be polite to her in the end game.

I know, I know. I don't actually have to, but she is the Chancellor, and my characters are like that.

Master-Nala
12.03.2013 , 03:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
That is the matriarch of the Twilek settlers of Tython.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Combat Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concentration, Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-Kinetic Combat