Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please add a guild ship for our guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Bioware please add a guild ship for our guild

CobraGuru
11.27.2013 , 08:14 PM | #1
Hi,
I think I won't be the only one that think that something is missing in swtor.
In lots of mmo, guilds have a house, a hall, a place whatever it is called, for their members to be together to have access to all consoles, etc in one place.

I think in swtor it could be a cruiser ship stationned within the imperial fleet.
I would like to have a place like this for all guild members to be able to be together in one place, to have access to banks, to priority terminal, etc.

Please bioware do it for us.

Defecter
11.28.2013 , 04:54 AM | #2
While I'd find a guild ship a fun idea, I wouldn't want it to have all the things you find on the fleet. The fleet would become a ghost town. Things like the GTN, class trainers, proff trainers, PvP terminal, etc, should be in a public zone. Things like a guild bank, training dummies, mailbox, some vendors and perhaps a ship terminal to dock at, would be nice.

But I'd hate to see everyone with a guild holed up on their own guild ship. The Fleet isn't even terribly busy as it is now

CobraGuru
11.28.2013 , 08:07 AM | #3
I agree I was not saying all but like the priority terminal to grab the weekly event - ops
or a priority terminal for wz in order for the pvp team inside the guild to meet and start together from the ship's guild

the best would be able to have room to rest, etc like a real fleet ship

Samaelotr
11.28.2013 , 07:28 PM | #4
I hoped this game would have this pre release. I think it would be a awesome idea. I have a feeling that the devs are going to be adding some major stuff the next year. I hope this will be in it.
Doubt is a vile cancer, which symptoms are cowardice and fear.

Shinodan
12.01.2013 , 05:02 AM | #5
Hey.

I thought I would share my thoughts on this:

I think guild ships would be a fantastic idea like if you were doing guild events you could use the ship to get to planets and such but that is more for the aspect of role-playing.

Another thing that could be added is a section of the guild ship has an area with a row of all the phased classes which is an access point to your own ship, however this means on your ship you have an access point to the guild ship directly from your own ship.

As for having terminals inside the ship to pick up daily quests and such I would be against that it removes the social aspect of the game even more as it is, there isn't even a place where people hang out and duel and just chat and stuff.

In closing theres loads of things that could be done with guild ships good things and possible bad things but If they ever bring in guild ships I'd like to think that it would only good things would come from it.

- Shino
There is no point looking at this signature

Ifolad
12.04.2013 , 01:27 PM | #6
This has been in the rumor mill ever since old SWG players were wondering about housing during pre-launch. I was one of those guys. I agree, this is a great idea. Also agree it shouldn't have some of the things that fleet does.

Things guild ship SHOULD have:

Trainers
Training Dummies
Commons (place to hang out / meet up)
Hanger Bays
Crew Skills Vendor
Mail Box
Guild Bank
Bank
Terminals for picking up/dropping off PVP, Operation, and FP quests
Maybe allow an unlock for a few mil creds to get a Droid vender like on personal ships.
A guild achievement trophy case, or decorations from content completed by guild.
(for example, The Head of an OP boss on a stake) ideas are endless on this one.
This trophy case could also include pvp achievements and would give guilds bragging rights and something to show physically for it other than title/gear.
Lastly, A dueling area.

Things guild ships SHOULD NOT have

FP/OP entrances (though being able to go from guild ship directly to any operation would be awesomely RP)
Skill Trainers
End Game Armor Vendors
GTN (though this could be one of the "unlockables" for an insane amount of credits.)
A droid that talks too much (if you've ever been on the FURY you know what i mean, it won't shut up)
There are more but these are the ones that came to mind in the first few moments of thinking about it.

Just my thoughts and my opinion nothing more, any variation of this and i would be happy so long as guild ship was still in the picture.

Lastly, OFF TOPIC, but can we get someone to turn the cantina area of fleet into a imp v imp or pub v pub arena to give us crafters and those of us waiting on ques something to watch. It could be hilariously entertaining.

ekimmak
12.04.2013 , 02:39 PM | #7
Somewhat related topic, I'd like it if you could get Legacy space stations. Not on the same scale as the republic/imperial fleet, but large enough that it could realistically accommodate several characters and all their junk.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

CobraGuru
12.05.2013 , 11:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifolad View Post
This has been in the rumor mill ever since old SWG players were wondering about housing during pre-launch. I was one of those guys. I agree, this is a great idea. Also agree it shouldn't have some of the things that fleet does.

Things guild ship SHOULD have:

Trainers
Training Dummies
Commons (place to hang out / meet up)
Hanger Bays
Crew Skills Vendor
Mail Box
Guild Bank
Bank
Terminals for picking up/dropping off PVP, Operation, and FP quests
Maybe allow an unlock for a few mil creds to get a Droid vender like on personal ships.
A guild achievement trophy case, or decorations from content completed by guild.
(for example, The Head of an OP boss on a stake) ideas are endless on this one.
This trophy case could also include pvp achievements and would give guilds bragging rights and something to show physically for it other than title/gear.
Lastly, A dueling area.

Things guild ships SHOULD NOT have

FP/OP entrances (though being able to go from guild ship directly to any operation would be awesomely RP)
Skill Trainers
End Game Armor Vendors
GTN (though this could be one of the "unlockables" for an insane amount of credits.)
A droid that talks too much (if you've ever been on the FURY you know what i mean, it won't shut up)
There are more but these are the ones that came to mind in the first few moments of thinking about it.

Just my thoughts and my opinion nothing more, any variation of this and i would be happy so long as guild ship was still in the picture.

Lastly, OFF TOPIC, but can we get someone to turn the cantina area of fleet into a imp v imp or pub v pub arena to give us crafters and those of us waiting on ques something to watch. It could be hilariously entertaining.
Oh yeah very good idea to have trophies room or something like that whith the head of ops mob

We need everyone to make pressure on Bioware in order to get this feature soon.

We need improvement in game and not only new planet, new missions. We need characters, social life improvement ingame

Ifolad
12.06.2013 , 03:13 PM | #9
i was reading this over and I was remembering all those times i flew my guild into ISD aboard my yt2400.

If you recognize this then you sir/ma'am are a cool cat.

Zerex_Kildron
12.09.2013 , 04:16 AM | #10
This sounds really cool, I hope it gets added to the whole housing concept!
{Order of Desonag} @TOFN
"The Rule of Two is what prevents the Sith from progression"
-Evskan "Drowning Moon" Jen'Jidai