Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Mount

Fevee
12.02.2013 , 01:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Those rocket boots sure do come in handy inside instances where you can't mount up, or on toons that have not gotten to level yet where they can use a speeder. One of the best legacy unlocks next to the ship GTN, and the ship mailbox. The ship droid isn't bad either but not the point here.
If you like them, fine. I just don't think they fit the theme in 7/8ths of the classes.

But, this isn't about rocket boots. It's about a new mount for Force-users that actually does fit the theme.

OddballEasyEight
12.02.2013 , 01:49 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMirr View Post
what would trooper/bh's and smug/IA's get then?
They get nothing because the OP only cares about his own favourite class...

But I bet he would be screaming his head off about the injustice if only BH's could use rocket boost...
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Korbanth
12.02.2013 , 06:51 PM | #23
I support this Thread
Ace TZ-24 Gladiator Pilot : Vorten the Test Pilot

<IMPressive> , The Harbinger

Xakthul
12.02.2013 , 09:10 PM | #24
Smuggler gets jury-rigged rocket boots that actually look jury-rigged, or the "holysh*trunaway" thing like that scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean when Jack's escaping the city.

BH gets a legit-looking jetpack. (NOT the stupid flaming boots.)

Inquisitor gets a Force Tempest that propels them along.

Warrior gets Hulk-like Force Leaps

Agent would get some sort of glider thing, maybe?

Trooper would get some kind of jet harness

Knight gets something similar to the Warrior

Consular gets Force Levitation
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

branmakmuffin
12.03.2013 , 09:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Smuggler gets jury-rigged rocket boots that actually look jury-rigged, or the "holysh*trunaway" thing like that scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean when Jack's escaping the city.
Yeah, I like Captain Jack Sparrow's rocket boots the best, too.

Fevee
12.03.2013 , 04:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
They get nothing because the OP only cares about his own favourite class...

But I bet he would be screaming his head off about the injustice if only BH's could use rocket boost...
1. I don't care about rocket boost. They only fit Bounty Hunters, anyways, and I wouldn't cry a single tear if they constricted it to Bounty Hunters only.

2. My favorite class is probably the gunslinger. Dual-wield pistols is such a cool look, a they have a nice range of incapacitations, and are all-round most lethal.

But look, I just want a mount that's a Force-user using the Force to self-propel themselves at immense speeds. You can whine that that's not fair all you want, but you might as well start whining that not all classes can use the Force.

I'm all for, by the way, some sort of self-propulsion for the other classes. Since you're so concerned about equality for all, you can think up some sort of self-propulsion for those classes.

Why are you even so concerned? It's not like mounts are for Force-users only. There are countless mounts all over the game. There's even living mounts for the super rich. Stop acting like one class has a monopoly on the mounts.

Fevee
12.11.2013 , 03:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post

BH gets a legit-looking jetpack. (NOT the stupid flaming boots.)

Inquisitor gets a Force Tempest that propels them along.

Warrior gets Hulk-like Force Leaps

Agent would get some sort of glider thing, maybe?

Trooper would get some kind of jet harness

Knight gets something similar to the Warrior

Consular gets Force Levitation
The non-Force-users can have whatever fancy animation people can think up. But the Force-users, dark and light and melee-based and Force-based alike, should be able to have the long-strides self-propelling Force-looking sprint.

HeatRacer
12.11.2013 , 12:40 PM | #28
I disagree with the assertion that Rocket Boots are only appropriate for Bounty Hunters (just because we've only seen them used by Cad Bane before). Imperial Agents are all about the gadgets, and concealed Rocket Boots are just the kind of thing a space-James Bond would have. And Smugglers have just as much need and access to Rocket Boots as BH's: underworld dwellers with access to black market gadgets that probably have need for a quick-escape gadget when a deal goes sour.

Inafinus
12.11.2013 , 01:00 PM | #29
+Support!
This would be AMAZING for force users, I've been wanting something like this since launch. Never made sense we couldn't use force speed. :x

Fevee
12.11.2013 , 07:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post
I disagree with the assertion that Rocket Boots are only appropriate for Bounty Hunters (just because we've only seen them used by Cad Bane before). Imperial Agents are all about the gadgets, and concealed Rocket Boots are just the kind of thing a space-James Bond would have. And Smugglers have just as much need and access to Rocket Boots as BH's: underworld dwellers with access to black market gadgets that probably have need for a quick-escape gadget when a deal goes sour.
Yes, you can make that case. And I can make the case that rocket boots just don't fit the theme of Force-Users. But I'm not looking for the removal of rocket boots, and I'm especially not looking for a Force-looking version of rocket boots. I'm suggesting what's mechanically a mount, but visually a long-stride sprint.