Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats next for PvE players ?.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Whats next for PvE players ?.

Ottoattack
11.26.2013 , 11:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Nightmare Dread Fortress/Palace.
^This. With a new tear of gear probably in 2.6.

TUXs
11.26.2013 , 11:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
Oh man I'd totally take that action if it weren't for the fact that the CM is due for a content update, and we know that CM updates happen prior to PvE updates.
inorite?! I was going over the updates in my head - CM update (Image designer) followed by FP's (Czerka) followed by BH events (Events) followed by Ops and soon Space/PvP. It's bound to repeat soon...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

gorstram
11.26.2013 , 11:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
yes, people tend to think only in terms of content. Heaven forbid they actually patch and fix things while releasing CM updates but alas all they see is CM update, CM update, CM update, new content, CM update, CM update, CM update, CM update....

Patches done about every 2-3 weeks, hot fixes in between, small updates to enable/add CM content to collections in between.

And as people have also said. They will add patches with CM updates, and NEVER add CM updates with patches. Since they firmly believe that the game (in BW eyes) revolves around the money hoarding/gambling addicts wet dream of a CM.
I'm talking large CM content updates. New outfits, removal of old outfits, new pack, new bundles, etc. I'm well aware of the smaller patches we get. I'm trying to keep to the spirit of the OP's post of major content releases. TUX and I are speculating as to where we're at in the cycle. We're not griping. They NEED to do overhauls of the CM every now and then in order to keep it fresh and marketable. I mean at some point they're going to HAVE to get rid of that god awful Heartless Pursuer armor and put in something else, amirite?
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

TUXs
11.26.2013 , 11:16 AM | #24
I'm talking large CM content updates. New outfits, removal of old outfits, new pack, new bundles, etc. I'm well aware of the smaller patches we get. I'm trying to keep to the spirit of the OP's post of major content releases. TUX and I are speculating as to where we're at in the cycle. We're not griping. They NEED to do overhauls of the CM every now and then in order to keep it fresh and marketable. I mean at some point they're going to HAVE to get rid of that god awful Heartless Pursuer armor and put in something else, amirite?
THIS ^^^ Relax DOHboy...it's a friendly discussion. Perhaps a bug fix/balance/CM update will be next...that would probably make the most sense...it's also probably why they haven't said **** about it
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Andryah
11.26.2013 , 11:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tanktest View Post
can anyone give a time line as to whats in store for US the Pve players sense Dec 3 is next week . I am all for the pvp content incoming but what about Pve now : ) .. ? ..

Any road maps for whats a head for us ?.
They don't do roadmaps. Sometimes they do a seasonal preview (like the Summer preview they did in Spring), but not consistently. And they answer (in vague terms) roadmappy questions at Cantina events.

They do give early notice on the next upcoming major patch. But generally NOT until after the pending major patch releases.

In other words... you won't hear about 2.6 until sometime after December 3. Probably either before the holidays or after the new year.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

DOHboy
11.26.2013 , 12:32 PM | #26
They do a new pack roughly one per month. So they are do for a new pack here probably shortly. I have a feeling if not for such a late thanksgiving we would have more new of it. Dulfy has a list of some of the new items to be added in December with the new events. And they have listened, if you've looked, new blasters that people have wanted for along time and will be very happy (or butt hurt depending on the price).

December has new events coming so in lieu of an updated content, we get events and some real time metrics on the class changes to balance any new content in feb.

McCay_Jones
11.26.2013 , 12:41 PM | #27
December:
-Gree Event
-Bounty Contract Week
-Some winter/life day event
-Rakghoul Event (maybe this month or next)

January:
-New flashpoint (concept art shown in last cantina night) Kuat Drive Yard
-Bounty Contract Week
-Rakghoul Event (maybe this month or Dec.)

These are what I know have been stated or shared via the Devs (either posts here or cantina nights).

I am certain there will be more and we will see what that is soon.

Stoofa
11.26.2013 , 12:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
The same boring content for the next year is what we have to look forward to.
And you keep on playing why exactly?

errant_knight
11.26.2013 , 12:55 PM | #29
They need to move away from the game revolving around the cartel market. Yes, they need to make money, but how about putting some interesting and fun drops back in the game? How about letting crafters make something desirable that isn't for sale on the cartel market?

Denerio
11.26.2013 , 01:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
And you keep on playing why exactly?
Because I like the game. Just because their expansions or updates we have had are to say the least a disappointment doesn't take away the fact that I still enjoy logging into the game to waste time. Worry about how you spend your time or money not mine.