Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan vs Darth Maul

XSUPREMESKILLZX
11.25.2013 , 08:37 PM | #1
Revan Reborn vs. TPM Darth Maul, who wins and why? Takes place on a flat open terrain.

Aurbere
11.25.2013 , 08:42 PM | #2
Revan I suppose. Even though there's next to know information on his skill as a swordsman.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
11.25.2013 , 08:49 PM | #3
Edit: Oh wait..TPM version...meh. Still gonna lean a lil towards Maul though.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
11.25.2013 , 08:49 PM | #4
This would be pretty damn close, Maul wins in lightsaber combat, Revan wins in Force ability, so the question is, can Maul apply the pressure sufficiently enough to keep this a lightsaber only engagement.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

XSUPREMESKILLZX
11.25.2013 , 08:49 PM | #5
The only Revan lightsaber kills/victories I can think of are:

Mandalore
Yusannis
Not Prime Malak
The One (Not too sure on this one)
Dark Honor Guard (admittedly he dealt with the guard rather easily, meanwhile Meetra and Scourge, two expert/master swordsmen, had more trouble with em).

Take it as you will, but i'd put him around Ventress level in terms of sabers, probably a bit lower.

XSUPREMESKILLZX
11.25.2013 , 09:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Edit: Oh wait..TPM version...meh. Still gonna lean a lil towards Maul though.
Reasons? And I don't think TCW Maul is that much better than TPM Maul

Wolfninjajedi
11.25.2013 , 09:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX View Post
Reasons? And I don't think TCW Maul is that much better than TPM Maul
Better Force feats for him and being more powerful. But anyway, Maul is the superior swordsman here. Couple with his sword skill and mastery of Tera Kasi, he should be able to best Revan in close quators. His fight with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan while the former is elderly, the guy has shown to be impressive in combat and Obi-Wan was pretty much a Jedi Knight at the point, the two of them together even against Maul were rather lacking, they could hold their own together but that's about it.

Maul has at this point anyway for him, some ok TK feats. He is able to throw things, able to use Force choke, able to shatter doors, propell stones, just alright.

Speed/Reaction times, pretty sure Maul has Revan beat in that catagory too. He is able to percieve things in slow motion that are almost too fast to see. He can deflect blaster fire from entire squads, he can fight faster than Qui-Gon, make blurs using his saber, able to unleashed 4 to 5 blows in a flicker of an eye, run in blurs. Etc, etc so on and so on.

In Force powers....what are Revan's offensive capabilities? I know TK I guess, but anything else? If not then I could just see this coming into a lightsaber duel.

Tellenn
11.25.2013 , 09:49 PM | #8
Maul tends to get his *** handed to him by the best force using Jedi so its almost a certainty Revan would win out. The absolute battering Sidious gave him showed just how easily dominated he is by the best force users.

sell-dog
11.25.2013 , 09:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX View Post
The only Revan lightsaber kills/victories I can think of are:

Mandalore
Yusannis
Not Prime Malak
The One (Not too sure on this one)
Dark Honor Guard (admittedly he dealt with the guard rather easily, meanwhile Meetra and Scourge, two expert/master swordsmen, had more trouble with em).

Take it as you will, but i'd put him around Ventress level in terms of sabers, probably a bit lower.
Malak not Prime? Wasn't the time of their battle at Malak's prime and he was boosted by the Star Forge? Revan later has the Darth Nyriss kill as well which I think is pretty impressive.

These are two of my favorite characters but I think Revan would win but something like he wins 11 out of 20 times.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

Wolfninjajedi
11.25.2013 , 09:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tellenn View Post
Maul tends to get his *** handed to him by the best force using Jedi so its almost a certainty Revan would win out. The absolute battering Sidious gave him showed just how easily dominated he is by the best force users.
Sidious >>>>>>> Revan by a huge margin, Revan is NO WHERE near the best Force users.