Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Delta_V
11.25.2013 , 08:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Agreed. The gear grind gives you a slight edge, but it's not hard to max out a build. After that, it's just getting additional options. I already know what ship, and what build, I plan to max out first. After I get it, it'll all be adding variety to tweak my play.

I did wonder at the phrasing of the article, and it would be nice to get actual confirmation on whether or not requisitions and unlocks are faction wide or character specific. I can see why they might tie them to each character, but honestly I'd love to see it launch as faction wide so I don't need to have one toon as my "GSF" character. I'd much rather be able to queue up on any toon...

So, in the absence of an official statement I will expect them to be character specific. (But secretly I will still hope for faction wide unlocks.)

Either way, it's still a great expansion, and I'm looking forward to the 3rd.
Yeah, I'm hoping they change it to a Legacy-wide system (or at least Faction-wide, so all your characters in one faction share ships/requisition). Having it tied to individual characters will encourage people to only play GS on one character (Do I want to queue up on my main with a fully tricked-out fighter, or on my alt where I'm stuck with the default components?).

Stncold
11.25.2013 , 09:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
The gear upgrades create, at most, 10% discrepancies here or there. A superior pilot will always win over gear.
Maybe, but tbh upgraded blasters, especially heavy ones, hit noticeably harder than ones that aren't upgraded.
RIP The Fatman.

Eillack
11.25.2013 , 09:54 PM | #23
If this doesn't scream Grind, then I just don't know anymore...

Star Citizen needs to release it's darn dogfighting module soon haha...been waiting for some real space combat for years.

Cessna_X
11.25.2013 , 10:11 PM | #24
Yeah.. really not liking the currency thing. What was wrong with Fleet Comms? Seriously. I feel like this dual-currency system is designed solely to push CC purchases.

Ditch the new currency. Convert everything to Fleet Comms. And for crying out loud, DON'T charge CC for it!
You could no more evade my wrath
than you could your own shadow

midianlord
11.25.2013 , 11:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jason Attard
[...] Ship Requisition can be converted into Fleet Requisition by spending Cartel Coins, allowing you to rapidly unlock new ships, or transfer time spent on one ship into upgrades for another. [...]
Thanks, I'll stick to the ground-game.

E:

And as an old, old, sim-addict --I played X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, and the Wing Commander franchise when you still had to type "/crun (filename).exe" (<---or something like that, it all becomes a blur) to start up a game, no GUIs in those days-- this truly makes me sad.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Cbaoth
11.26.2013 , 01:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Size-Matters-Not View Post
Meh, I was in beta as well, and what I've seen didn't blow up my skirt. Like I said, I'll give it a shot, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. it's definitely not something I would shell out $100 for.

Something new would be expansion on PVP - not talking about more WZ or arenas mind you. Or, addition of some sandbox elements. There are plenty of ideas on these boards and crowed about to death.
If you already played it, how do you supose GS could suprise you? I suspect that you, just like me, in fact did not play the beta, and therefor would be subject to a real suprise. But why then say you already played and then go a head and talk s*** about? Troll much?..here have some candy then!
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

AlrikFassbauer
11.26.2013 , 05:52 AM | #27
Why does the dev blog post / article only show imperial vehicles ? I'd really like to see how their republic counterparts look like ... *sigh*
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

SideshowDish
11.26.2013 , 06:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rydlin View Post
Get rid of the cartel coin cost for converting requisition. make it just standard game currency. you already make a substancial profit off the cartel market.
And that profit allows them to put more stuff into the game. The expansion might be "pay to avoid grind", but it isn't pay to win. That is fine by me.

Rabidgrizzly
11.26.2013 , 07:09 AM | #29
Although I am looking forward to this, from this description this game mode is essentially Mechwarrior Online with Tie Fighters. So how much MC to buy a new ship

Mad_yojik
11.26.2013 , 09:03 AM | #30
I wonder how much conversion ship coms -> fleet coms will cost? Just curious, if 500 cc/month would be enough for casual player...

GS is a candy for us subs IMO, with more then a month headstart on PvP expansion plus paid currency conversion which can (finally) sink complimentry CC into something useful, instead of selling packs for creds. If GS is as good as the PTS players say (too bad I dont have time to look it up myself ) - I think the game will see moar subs soon