Pot5 Arena Organization Thread + Arena Global Chat Channel

cashogy_reborn

Group Arenas on Pot5 need more people and more teams to queue up! The more people involved, the more matches everyone will be able to participate in, and the more fun everyone should have.

Id like to first encourage everyone interested in doing Arenas on Pot5 to join the custom global chat channel that has been created. In order to join it, simply type the following:

/cjoin arena.

This will allow you to talk to other people interested in doing Arenas, and should hopefully allow spontaneous groups to form more often (and hopefully teams form out of that).

We also have recently had a 75 player mumble server opened for the sole purpose of providing a voice server for people doing Solo Queue Arenas. The server info will be available on the Pot5 Facebook group, and you should be able to get it from someone by joining the Arenas chat channel mentioned above.

Second, Id like to organize a list of people who are a) looking for a chance to participate in Group Arenas and b) people who could be used as a resource for others, to offer help in terms of class advice, group comps, arena tactics, etc. Im going to try to keep this post updated with these lists, so if youre interested just post here and I will keep the OP as up-to-date as I can.

When you post that you are looking to join an Arena group, please include your character name, class and spec and gear level (ie Dany, DPS Merc, mix of Obroan/Conq, all augmented). This info will help everyone out when forming groups using this list.

This is being done in hopes that we can increase participation by a decent amount on Pot5. I wanted to post this here as well as the Pot5 forum in order to maximize exposure (not everyone reads the server forums).

Arena Team Help (group composition / arena strategies

Xerain

Xenobia

Class Help

Commando/Merc:

Dany / Kylynn

Xenobia / Nephelie

Guardian/Jugg:

UGLYMRJ

Sage/Sorc:

UGLYMRJ

Xenobia

Scoundrel/Op:

Sent/Mara:

Imprimis

Xerain / Xeraini

UGLYMRJ

Shadow/Assassin:

Powertech/Vanguard:

UGLYMRJ

Megapt

Sniper/Slinger:

People that need an Arena team

Commando:

Kylynn

Merc:

Dany

Guardian:

Quan-ty

Jugg:

Sage:

Xenobialol

Erstin

Celes-tia

Sorc:

Màuri (alt 133)

Scoundrel:

Amì

Op:

Di'bani

Xenobia / Sphyn'x

Chidorì (alt 141)

Sent:

Mara:

Cinerous

Xenobia / Jezzabella

Shadow:

DeckinLMS

Assassin:

Xenobia / Rixxi

Asamì (Alt 141)

Powertech:

Timber'wolve

Vanguard:

Madmaj

Sniper:

Lonna

Slinger:

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Also can you please annotate that our server has a 75 player YOLO queue server so players can coordinate easier in mumble, don't put the info (I'll have the info up on the facebook group soon but lets leave it there), so we don't get spammers from other servers.

The goal is to make POT5 the most Arena friendly server in the game as cross servers are not coming out. We've also had a lot of recent arena teams transfer within the last few days. Solo queue pops 24/7 and is quick most of the day.

We also have at least 10-20 active arena teams that queue on a regular basis. Only way to get ELO working is to have a large enough pool of players, POT5 is almost there, and we're a helluva lot closer than most servers.

/bump

Great work whomever thought of it. Call on me if I can help organize anyway

<Mj's'toner/Paindealer/Nunyabiznes/Hialot/Vaporizzled/odathurt/Remember'me/Littlenymph

(snipe) (jug) (Merc) (sin) (Mara) ( Op) ( PT) (Sorc)

RIPer will Have a team together by next week

Edited by Hialot

I have been working on something like this for The Harbinger in this thread.

You can take a look at how it is set up and see if there is anything you want to use. I can send you the "code" from the op if you want any of it. Still adding content and updating formatting.

I will keep an eye on your posts to see if you have any good ideas I can steal :)

Great idea....

I will be willing to get on an arena team myself. My main is my Vanguard (Madmaj formely Spartaqus). I can play tactic tank hybrid, full hybrid or assault pretty effectively in arenas. I rlly like assault right now.

On a side note, you guys should realize that the huge disparity between republic and imperials on the server is the main factor why most of us on rep side don t play solo ranked q but also group ranked q. My former guild got discourage and switch to the imp side cause of that as many other guild did. That's a sissy move if you want my opinion but it is still the reality.

Anyway, if you rlly want a challenge, come to the rep side :p

Republic:

Erstin - Sage, any spec close to full 67's

Amì - Scoundrel, sawbones, close to full 67's

Imperial:

Màuri (alt 133) - Sorc, any spec, close to full 67's

Chidorì (alt 141) - Operative, Medicine, close to full 67's

Asamì (Alt 141) - Assassin, full Deception or deception/darkness hybrid - Mix of 65/67's

Group Arenas on Pot5 need more people and more teams to queue up! The more people involved, the more matches everyone will be able to participate in, and the more fun everyone should have.

Cash, by any chance, did you happen to read my thread: Fight Club?

This sounds very similar to what we came up with, and I'm curious if we could combine the two efforts? Sounds like you're already further along than we are (we're still in the planning stages).

Oh, and guess I should mention; some of what we were hoping to do was the following:

- Include both factions (Reb and Imp), with both factions on the same voice server, with occasional cross-faction chat

- Trying to coordinate WZ queues with members from both factions

- Matchmaking via schedule; e.g., the "bads" queue at a given time, the "goods" queue after the bads get in, then the "leets" queue, or whatever, to try and avoid pug stomping

- Training sessions

- Scheduled open world PvP events

I know your idea focuses on arenas, but I really think we could vastly improve the quality of PvP completely across the board with enough membership and coordination.

I would like to find a team too I play a Vigilance guardian and a balance sage Quan-ty and Celes-tia. If any on the rep side wont to for a team.

One thing I think is If a player of group is struggling early then people frustrated and quit. SO remember being great takes practice if you face great team you will fail many time a rookie team will is going to have a learning curve just look at pro sports to back up my point

Oh, and guess I should mention; some of what we were hoping to do was the following:

- Include both factions (Reb and Imp), with both factions on the same voice server, with occasional cross-faction chat

- Trying to coordinate WZ queues with members from both factions

- Matchmaking via schedule; e.g., the "bads" queue at a given time, the "goods" queue after the bads get in, then the "leets" queue, or whatever, to try and avoid pug stomping

- Training sessions

- Scheduled open world PvP events

I know your idea focuses on arenas, but I really think we could vastly improve the quality of PvP completely across the board with enough membership and coordination.

Yeah hopefully long-term we can work on increasing all aspects of PvP. For now I think getting more activity in grouped Arenas is going to be an easier and faster way to get more people excited about PvP.

Yeah hopefully long-term we can work on increasing all aspects of PvP. For now I think getting more activity in grouped Arenas is going to be an easier and faster way to get more people excited about PvP.

Sounds good, and no reason we couldn't merge at some later point, or possibly do some cooperative events.