Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Save the Balmorran Bormu!

Lanuria
11.21.2013 , 02:07 PM | #1
ZEK MALTHOY and the Fires of Mendraal will return after this commercial break!

<A lamenting song begins to play. Itís slow and mournful. Famous Republic Actress Wynessa Loran stands solemnly and alone on a Balmorran field.>
The war on Balmorra has taken a toll on the population. As each day passes, we grow a little stronger and we begin to pick up the pieces of our former lives.

<Holos of Balmorra, now wrecked from the war, are shown. Various shots of the battlefield with the sun setting and stills of artillery fire in the dead of night fade in and out.>

We lost brave brothers and sisters, Balmorrans until the end. <A picture of just a hand, the rest of the figure out of frame, holding a blaster. You can make out the cloth around the wrist proudly showing the crest of Balmorra printed on it. > But now, another group of Balmorrans are finding themselves stranded and dying with no way out.

<Shown now are several still photos of large herds of Bormu grazing peacefully in the fields of a once peaceful Balmorra.>

The Bormu, a noble creature that once covered the plains of our beloved homeworld, are slowly dying. The bombings have destroyed their homes, broken up their packs and the elders that once protected the young are nowhere to be found. Predators take advantage of the broken herds, killing the young and the old. These families are slowly dying.

The ground is tainted, the grass has become poison to these animals. <A starving Bormu, trying to salvage any plant life it can. He taps at the dirt with a hoof, but nothing but dust comes up.> They can no longer eat, they can no longer grow.

<A picture of a young Bormu, trapped in a crater, zooms out. You can barely hear the distress cry over the lamenting music being played.>

Now facing extinction, the Bormu, these kind and gentle giants, these brothers and sisters of Balmorra, need our help.

<More pictures. A child reaches out toward an older Bormu, who has lowered its head in an act of submissiveness. A young family, a child on his fatherís shoulders, watches a herd move peacefully against the horizon.>

For less than two credits a day, you can help these innocent creatures fight back from extinction.

<Happier images are now shown. A young bormu is cradled by an older woman. An elder bormu is being treated by a group of citizens, wrapping a large cloth around a wound on its leg.>

The Protectors of Animal Life, PAL, are working tirelessly, around the 47-hour Balmorran clock, to keep these graceful creatures from meeting their ends. Each donation of 1000 credits per Balmorran year will be used for medical supplies, rehabilitation and to assist in the regrowth of the bormu population.

<A young bormu is seen on a planet that is obviously not Balmorra. Other animals not native to the planet are playing along side it.>

Many planets within the Galactic Republic have offered land to help PAL with our desire to keep the population of bormu thriving and you can help too.

Please, consider a donation today. For less than two credits a day, you too, can help. The Republic is only as strong as we are united in keeping the Empire from destroying what we are made of; humanoids and animals alike.

((This is a request for a companion animals based on the bormu found on Balmorra. While the ones shown in game are all adults, Iíve made up a quick mockup of what a young or newborn bormu might look like. The eyes are much bigger, the tail stubbier and the head does not protrude outwardly as much as an adultís would. The front teeth are more 'buck-teeth' than what an adult would have.

These are creatures that have been stated in their codex entry as becoming nearly extinct. I think it would be great if citizens of the galaxy could help save the population!))

Bluesparks
11.21.2013 , 02:36 PM | #2
Seconded wholeheartedly. Bormu are precious, adorable babies.

LeilaOtto
11.21.2013 , 02:42 PM | #3
Bormus are sweet, gentle, friendly beasts that must be saved from extinction (and I want one ).
Let me know where to send the credits.
"The Jedi... the Sith... you don't get it, do you? To the galaxy, they're the same thing. Just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn."
-Atton Rand-

KarethRiker
11.21.2013 , 02:48 PM | #4
Want one too
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

AlrikFassbauer
11.21.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5
( The devs could make a quest out of it : Saving the Bormu ! )
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

ghoul_drool
11.21.2013 , 04:04 PM | #6
That is one incredibly cute Bormu. Would adopt.

My agent, of course, would sit behind his red screen, aim his Max-Tac Precision sniper rifle, and casually pulling the trigger, fire an impeccably placed shot right through its frontal lobe.

AshlaBoga
11.21.2013 , 06:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
Seconded wholeheartedly. Bormu are precious, adorable babies.
For the last 420 days my forum avatar has been a Bormu.

Is there any doubt that I support this thread?

If so, let the doubters have a heaping helping of my Force Lightning
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

shamfurdispray
11.21.2013 , 06:19 PM | #8
That's cute Bormu baby, and I like how you give little background story to saving these gentle giant. I want one as a pet following me around though.

Daewan
11.21.2013 , 09:14 PM | #9
<The camera zooms on the ample assets of the most famed culinary murderess in the galaxy: Baroness Ronynn KeÁrye, then pulls back out to reveal her smiling, tattooed face.>
Hello, and thank you for tuning in to another episode of The Unarmed Baroness, where cooking is not only an art, but a method of murder! Before we get started with this evening's dish, I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about one of our favorite foods: the Bormu. Delicious, succulent, perfectly marbled Bormu. I'm sure as a gourmet, you've noticed that the price and rarity of this fantastic animal has gone up lately. That is one of the more inconvenient side effects of Imperial action on Balmorra.
<With a heavy sigh, the Baroness leans forward, resting her arms on the kitchen counter, displaying even more of her magnificent cleavage.>
But what is a true gourmand to do, in the face of a Bormu shortage? Go without? Eat something more - <she shudders> common? No, what you're going to do, is you're going to sign up for the Bormu Herd Increase program. By joining this exclusive club, you will not only have access to the finest, well-fed Bormu raised in strict conditions for the best taste and texture, but you can also, for a small extra fee, purchase your very own baby Bormu, which you can use to make some of my best recipes <the Baroness holds up a datapad of her latest cookbook: "Succulent and Dangerous"> or, if you want to show off to your friends in all the best Imperial salons, you can keep this rare and adorable creature as a pet! You'll be sent instructions on care and feeding for your baby Bormu, and if you get bored of it, <the Baroness holds up a pot> there's always the dinner option. <she winks> And now, back to our show!
Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Addict :: Behold: Fashion Gallery Beta Test
KeÁrye Legacy, <Black Star Society>/<Intrepid Adventurers>
Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B
Theron Shan? Check my quarters!
I Return, Hoping that I will not be Deceived by my Choice of Sacrifice.

davidstaes
12.02.2013 , 01:09 PM | #10
FREEDOM!! Fly Away!
Save the Bormu
THE RED ECLIPSE Lvl 55 Characters:
Marielle - Commando | Marvun - Vanguard | Ma'rielle - Scoundrel | Cousteau - Gunslinger | Cor-Jo - lvl Sage | Wolfeya - Shadow | Kuoz - Guardian | Lihadira - Sentinel |||| Daric - Operative | Darec - Merc | Cadal - Sorcerer