Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Que Matchmaking has a Serious Flaw - Data Inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Solo Que Matchmaking has a Serious Flaw - Data Inside
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idnewton
12.30.2013 , 12:16 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
Ah about solo matchmaking, yesterday me and a few others asked to que solo ranked on my server. This is what happened ;

Had 3 games in a row that were 3 vs 4, obviously some kid decided to que and leave every time to be funny.

Deserter buff much needed
Agreed, I'm still wondering why this hasn't been implemented yet. 15minute lockout from warzone/gsf que, queue, minimum. This has existed for PvE since 1.3, it only goes to show how little Bioware really cares about PvP.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

madcappah
12.30.2013 , 12:24 PM | #112
Hard to do proper matchmaking when most of the time there are only 4-16 players doing ranked solo queue from each faction. It's sad, sometimes you just get stuck with whoever is queuing at the time, and that often does not help rating. To me that's another reason solo rating is pretty much a joke.
<placeholder>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

jtrain
12.30.2013 , 06:11 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by madcappah View Post
Hard to do proper matchmaking when most of the time there are only 4-16 players doing ranked solo queue from each faction.
It's hard but not impossible. It's probably impossible at this point for all 8 players to have similar ratings but you should be able to structure a match such that the sum of the ratings of any 4 players are very similar to any other 4 players if you have 16 queuing each side.
Rousseau on Prophecy
Bastiat1 / Adaaon defector from LoTRO / Arkenstone / Noldor.