Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Strike Fighter Class Starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Strike Fighter Class Starfighter
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
11.20.2013 , 04:39 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Sr. Designer Brian Audette reveals more about the versatile Strike Fighter Class in Galactic Starfighter.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

oofalong
11.20.2013 , 04:48 PM | #2
fixed
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

Vegabond
11.20.2013 , 04:57 PM | #3
Working now

BrianDavion
11.20.2013 , 04:58 PM | #4
loved the strike fighter when I used it on the PTS. it'll praobly be my primary fighter in live

Iwipe
11.20.2013 , 05:05 PM | #5
Quote:
Whether taking a front line or support stance, the Strike Fighterís only real fear is being disabled. Scout and Gunship systems like the Interdiction Drive and Slicing Device can quickly strip away a Strike Fighterís advantage
What is this Slicing Device they are talking about? It was in the beta I recall but havn't seen it on the PTS. Do they mean the sabotage probe?

LegoUniverseBC
11.20.2013 , 05:05 PM | #6
Great write-up! I'm not a huge fan of the Strike Fighter class (Scouts FTW!)

Nemarus
11.20.2013 , 05:31 PM | #7
I love GSF, but I hate the Imperial Strike fighters designs so much. They look nothing like anything else in Star Wars, and they certainly don't look like the aggressive mainstay dogfighter of the Sith Empire should look.

The whole Rycer line looks more like a tug or shuttle than a space superiority fighter. The Imperial Scout looks far more menacing and dangerous.

I wish they'd made a miniaturized version of the Fury class Interceptor--the Sith Empire's primary fighter should look aggressive and dangerous--and most of all horizontal.

On the other hand, the Republic Strike designs are fantastic.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

drwcroaker
11.20.2013 , 05:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
What is this Slicing Device they are talking about? It was in the beta I recall but havn't seen it on the PTS. Do they mean the sabotage probe?
Perhaps he is referring to the Slicer's Loop active crew ability?

Slicer's Loop: Target enemyís computer is caught in an infinite loop and cannot regen energy for 6 seconds

AMightyKnight
11.21.2013 , 12:32 AM | #9
I tried the Strike Fighter on the PTS but personally didnt really like it. The desing has too much firepower and not enough speed, armor and/or maneuverability to back it up.
With my Scout i can practically fly circles around a Strike Fighter, kill him with ease or boost away to live to fight another day.
Lack of maneuverability really hurts the Strike Fighter. To me it feels neither like strike or fighter, just cumbersome compared to a Scout. I freely admit it ended up banging into rocks more then once during combat maneuvers. Rarely happend to me with the Scout though.
Benaiah Abihail @T3M4 Ahdino Abishai
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Referral Link/Free Stuff KotFE 10/2015: RIP Endgame

Paokzu
11.21.2013 , 05:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
I love GSF, but I hate the Imperial Strike fighters designs so much. They look nothing like anything else in Star Wars, and they certainly don't look like the aggressive mainstay dogfighter of the Sith Empire should look.

The whole Rycer line looks more like a tug or shuttle than a space superiority fighter. The Imperial Scout looks far more menacing and dangerous.

I wish they'd made a miniaturized version of the Fury class Interceptor--the Sith Empire's primary fighter should look aggressive and dangerous--and most of all horizontal.

On the other hand, the Republic Strike designs are fantastic.
I agree 100%
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/