Developer Update: Strike Fighter Class Starfighter

CourtneyWoods

Whether taking a front line or support stance, the Strike Fighter’s only real fear is being disabled. Scout and Gunship systems like the Interdiction Drive and Slicing Device can quickly strip away a Strike Fighter’s advantage

What is this Slicing Device they are talking about? It was in the beta I recall but havn't seen it on the PTS. Do they mean the sabotage probe?

I love GSF, but I hate the Imperial Strike fighters designs so much. They look nothing like anything else in Star Wars, and they certainly don't look like the aggressive mainstay dogfighter of the Sith Empire should look.

The whole Rycer line looks more like a tug or shuttle than a space superiority fighter. The Imperial Scout looks far more menacing and dangerous.

I wish they'd made a miniaturized version of the Fury class Interceptor--the Sith Empire's primary fighter should look aggressive and dangerous--and most of all horizontal.

On the other hand, the Republic Strike designs are fantastic.

Edited by Nemarus

What is this Slicing Device they are talking about? It was in the beta I recall but havn't seen it on the PTS. Do they mean the sabotage probe?

Perhaps he is referring to the Slicer's Loop active crew ability?

Slicer's Loop: Target enemy’s computer is caught in an infinite loop and cannot regen energy for 6 seconds

I tried the Strike Fighter on the PTS but personally didnt really like it. The desing has too much firepower and not enough speed, armor and/or maneuverability to back it up.

With my Scout i can practically fly circles around a Strike Fighter, kill him with ease or boost away to live to fight another day.

Lack of maneuverability really hurts the Strike Fighter. To me it feels neither like strike or fighter, just cumbersome compared to a Scout. I freely admit it ended up banging into rocks more then once during combat maneuvers. Rarely happend to me with the Scout though.

I love GSF, but I hate the Imperial Strike fighters designs so much. They look nothing like anything else in Star Wars, and they certainly don't look like the aggressive mainstay dogfighter of the Sith Empire should look.

The whole Rycer line looks more like a tug or shuttle than a space superiority fighter. The Imperial Scout looks far more menacing and dangerous.

I wish they'd made a miniaturized version of the Fury class Interceptor--the Sith Empire's primary fighter should look aggressive and dangerous--and most of all horizontal.

I agree 100%

Yeah, I agree... The Imperial strike fighters look like shuttles or possibly bombers. Not a medium weapons platform dogfighter...

Oh well, it's not all about looks...