Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross-faction guilds - when can we expect them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cross-faction guilds - when can we expect them?

psandak
03.13.2014 , 10:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TOR-tanic View Post
Like everything BW plans on doing, it's on their To-Soon™ list.

And how is that any different that Blizzard's Soon™ list?

My point is that a lot of what Blizzard said Soon™ to eventually came to pass.

As a jedi master invariably says to his/her padawan, "Patience young one."

Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Cross faction guilds are never coming. Besides the fact that they make zero sense lorewise, the RoI for developing them is too small and likely negative. Probably less than 5% of the population cares about this, and most of those have already figured out that you can create two guilds and link them via a website and chat via voice.
I can understand your lore point but other than that I disagree. You'd probably be surprised how many "sister guilds" (imp and pub guilds that share player membership) are out there and how annoying it is: knowing that a guild mate is playing on the other side and you cannot communicate without switching characters.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

Icebergy
03.13.2014 , 10:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post

I can understand your lore point but other than that I disagree. You'd probably be surprised how many "sister guilds" (imp and pub guilds that share player membership) are out there and how annoying it is, knowing that a guild mate is playing on the other side and you cannot communicate without switching characters.
As the guild master of a Republic guild that also has an Imp alt guild, I find that mumble or vent are the solution to this "problem".
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Pietrastor
03.13.2014 , 04:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Cross faction guilds are never coming. Besides the fact that they make zero sense lorewise, the RoI for developing them is too small and likely negative. Probably less than 5% of the population cares about this, and most of those have already figured out that you can create two guilds and link them via a website and chat via voice.
What does the functionality of social interaction tools in an online social game have to do with lore?? ROI too small? Social interaction tools are at the base of MMORPGs, hello, it's a game where people need to communicate easily. And no, voice chat ain't a solution because not everyone can/wants to install or use voice chat all the time.

morfius
03.26.2014 , 12:26 PM | #24
Would be nice if come with full guild attributes (bank, chat, structure) and at least doubling member limit.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

OrdoCash
03.26.2014 , 12:27 PM | #25
I would really like a cross-faction guild and chat, as we need to communicate and gather faster.
Also it is good for synchronization of what ppl are doing and will help react faster to "help me" requests.

Greyhamea
03.26.2014 , 03:44 PM | #26
Cross faction custom channels would probably work out better than trying to have a cross faction guild.

Then two guilds on opposite sides can use one channel to coordinate.

ZahirS
03.26.2014 , 07:01 PM | #27
Don't like this idea, one guild can easily go and make another guild in the otherside and communicate via voicechat.

Even darksiders know that, so why have a cross-faction guild, mightaswell want to be HuttCartel if that is what your asking for

ScarletBlaze
03.26.2014 , 07:09 PM | #28
This would be a good idea to be able to communicate between the two guild and for everyone saying well use voice chat not everyone likes using voice chat for various reasons.

Coordinating roleplay between the two guild would be one reason. I know our two guilds would love the opportunity to be able to roleplay with each other without having to deal with the cantina environment on Nar Shadda and trying to find each other on a planet such as Alderraan.

I think it would be nice but we have to wait and see if they do it.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR