Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Corrupter Zero Sweeping Slash Damage Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Corrupter Zero Sweeping Slash Damage Question

bdatt
11.20.2013 , 04:04 PM | #11
Quick question about the bleed. It comes at the end of heavy slash, a m/r attack. I assume Resilience will cleanse it (hadn't yet so totally missed that mechanic) along with healer tech cleanse, but will it resist the bleed (ignoring the 5% failure)? It would if it's considered a separate f/t attack but perhaps not if it's tied to the initial m/r attack.
Jedi Covenant
Master Kristioli | Jedi Shadow
Major Brioli | Vanguard

TrillOG-
11.20.2013 , 04:42 PM | #12
The stacks are inconsistent. Its best to swap when your stacks fall off or if neither has stacks when the one tanking him gets a stack. Also there is a dot Zero puts on the tank who has him that doesn't help things which should be cleansed. Basically if you try to swap on stacks something is going to get screwed up or one of you is going to die. Plus I can see taking those hits as a shadow at 3-4 stacks. Plus make sure the tanks don't get caught in the gravity field, or pop hold the line if they do get caught.

Botho
11.20.2013 , 04:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
Quick question about the bleed. It comes at the end of heavy slash, a m/r attack. I assume Resilience will cleanse it (hadn't yet so totally missed that mechanic), but will it resist the bleed (ignoring the 5% failure)? It would if it's considered a separate f/t attack but perhaps not if it's tied to the initial m/r attack.
As far as I know tho I may be mistaken the bleed on the End of Heavy Slash is a Force dot, and the Burn on the end of chest laser is a Tech dot.

As for stack, my guild swaps on 3, sometimes tho it goes from 2 to 3 then quickly 4, it's not a set rate for certain.

It can be a bit spikey at times, I dont do it personally but I recall someone saying that you can run out of heavy slash and miss most of the damage, but I dont, it can be risky as Ive notice when ever you start o move him it can cause problems with the Mine registering on him and killing people.

Cookiackus
11.20.2013 , 11:26 PM | #14
CZ just hits that hard, at about 3-4 stacks you will start taking some big hits. We usually just have our tanks swap right away when they hit 4 stacks and were good to go. Also during the phases where adds come out is the best time for tanks to pop their cooldowns. There will be tons of damage going on usually starting with the healers getting nailed by the adds because they will have healing aggro built up before anyone gets to them. It will make the fight easier overall. Dps should use their cooldowns during the add phases as well.
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed

Botho
11.21.2013 , 06:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cookiackus View Post
Also during the phases where adds come out is the best time for tanks to pop their cooldowns. There will be tons of damage going on usually starting with the healers getting nailed by the adds because they will have healing aggro built up before anyone gets to them. It will make the fight easier overall. Dps should use their cooldowns during the add phases as well.
With regards to that, it is possible to get in place and aoe taunt before there actually visable if you time it right as you see them on the radar a while before they land and it seem the taunt can register, the only tanks that cant do this are VG tho because they need to target something to use there aoe taunt, or so ours tells us.

Cookiackus
11.21.2013 , 09:51 AM | #16
Yea you can send the tank out to taunt them if you like but I prefer to just keep him in. Seems like the one time you step out of range to do something you get the mine and wipe the raid, but yea it is possible.
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed

Radka
11.22.2013 , 10:40 AM | #17
I tank there every week with my guardian and I didnt notice any significant dmg taken. He was hitting pretty hard when he was bugged, Ihad to use all my defensive coolldowns and adrenal. But after fix I dont need any cooldowns. My guardian is now full 78 gear, missing only one set bonus armoring, hp is a bit over 41k. Maybe your healers cant keep up. dont know. We have scoundrel and sage healers and I think this combination works nicely
We have my guardian and other tank is a shadow and I didnt noticed any hard hit problems on his side either. We swap at 3 sometimes 4 stacks. But like I siad not big hits. Healers keep us alive, cleanse everything they can cleanse and we kill him very was and easily now when that mine bug is gone. Only thing I am using to help myself is saber reflect when I am the adds.
Ventrasi, sniper ... The Judges
Merris, guardian ... Spark of Insanity
Red Eclipse

Aieranda
03.17.2014 , 07:48 PM | #18
Sorry to necro a bit of an old thread, but what is the consensus on this fight in terms of the overall tests and purpose? To me it seems like a strong heal check, some tank swap/management, and players watching for mechanics. Not sure it's really a DPS race. Doesn't seem like it. Am I off base on that?

ZentheSecond
03.18.2014 , 09:29 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieranda View Post
Sorry to necro a bit of an old thread, but what is the consensus on this fight in terms of the overall tests and purpose? To me it seems like a strong heal check, some tank swap/management, and players watching for mechanics. Not sure it's really a DPS race. Doesn't seem like it. Am I off base on that?
He does have an enrage timer, I have not personally seen it but a guildie of mine said his Pub side raid group saw it a lot when they learned the fight. The reason they saw it, was they focused on mechanics. As the mechanics in the fight make or break a clear. One thing I do know about his enrage timer is, if your seeing more then four Gravity fields, your going to have a higher chance of seeing enrage.

Healers need to keep the tank that is tanking Zero as high a health as possible. Tanks need to be swapping off as much as possible to keep stacks low and damage output low. And Dps need to be burning down adds in the right order and interrupting the gold (ESPECIALLY the melee one, its self targetted AoE stun can cause a wipe if Zero does a gravity field). Plus the mechanics, knowing when to group and when not to group.

Overall I would say the Zero fight is a mechanics heavy fight and getting them down means you will be able to clear him with ease.
-- Hanakoo - Powertech - DPS/Tank --
-- Natsumii - Assassin - Tank --
-- Kaijėn - Sniper - DPS --

Aieranda
03.18.2014 , 12:09 PM | #20
Thanks for the answer.

When you say, "...And Dps need to be burning down adds in the right order and interrupting the gold (ESPECIALLY the melee one," I am wondering what the kill order on adds should be? I think at the moment we are prioritizing Repair Droids and the one that puts out the red circle. Is there more to it than that? I've looked through a lot of guides, but many guides were written ages ago and are vague on the minor details.