Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Corrupter Zero Sweeping Slash Damage Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Corrupter Zero Sweeping Slash Damage Question

bdatt
11.18.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1
We're just getting revved up on progression and made our first couple attempts on Corrupter Zero HM Sunday night. My Vanguard co-tank takes him first, and we swap at first adds. Didn't really get past that in part b/c I took some massive damage:

Torparse Log
21:54:20.561 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Kristioli for 11222 kinetic damage, causing 11222 threat.
21:54:21.433 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Kristioli for 13466 kinetic damage, causing 13466 threat.

and

Torparse Log
21:55:49.756 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash glances Kristioli for 8572 kinetic damage, causing 8572 threat.
21:55:50.518 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Kristioli for 17955 kinetic damage, causing 17955 threat.

Based on experience how many stacks of the debuff would I have had to take that amount of damage? Initial unmitigated Sweeping Slashes hit for ~9k, and I don't think I got above 3. I'm sure there were mistakes made that can be found in these short logs, first pulls and all, but just curious if this was likely a tank swap mechanic failure or if that amount of damage just happens in <30sec on the boss.
Kristioli | Jedi Shadow | Kinetic Combat
Pillars of Ashla

KeyboardNinja
11.18.2013 , 10:33 PM | #2
Assuming that your armorings aren't the suck, you probably would have needed to have five or six stacks to get hit that hard.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

bdatt
11.18.2013 , 10:35 PM | #3
I have 4 Underworld (set bonus) and the rest 78s, so maybe it was the stacks.
Pillars of Ashla

Falver
11.19.2013 , 12:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Assuming that your armorings aren't the suck, you probably would have needed to have five or six stacks to get hit that hard.
Agree here. The stacks must've been higher than you'd thought.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

steave
11.19.2013 , 01:03 AM | #5
Just to make sure, we're talking 8m here right?

dakisback
11.19.2013 , 01:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
We're just getting revved up on progression and made our first couple attempts on Corrupter Zero HM Sunday night. My Vanguard co-tank takes him first, and we swap at first adds. Didn't really get past that in part b/c I took some massive damage:

Torparse Log
21:54:20.561 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Kristioli for 11222 kinetic damage, causing 11222 threat.
21:54:21.433 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Kristioli for 13466 kinetic damage, causing 13466 threat.

and

Torparse Log
21:55:49.756 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash glances Kristioli for 8572 kinetic damage, causing 8572 threat.
21:55:50.518 Corruptor Zero's Sweeping Slash hits Kristioli for 17955 kinetic damage, causing 17955 threat.

Based on experience how many stacks of the debuff would I have had to take that amount of damage? Initial unmitigated Sweeping Slashes hit for ~9k, and I don't think I got above 3. I'm sure there were mistakes made that can be found in these short logs, first pulls and all, but just curious if this was likely a tank swap mechanic failure or if that amount of damage just happens in <30sec on the boss.
It's supposed to hit that hard.
Being a vanguard and not having many cooldowns you'd want to use a relic+adrenal for sweeping slashes if you are below 30k hp/healers are stressed etc. Maybe your energy shield. You should have around a 40-42k health pool so taking that 26k damage shouldn't really be a problem.
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

bdatt
11.19.2013 , 07:35 AM | #7
Yes, 8 man hard mode. And I'm a shadow (I suppose mentioning my vanguard co-tank was irrelevant). 41k health and ~2350 stat budget not counting relic proc contribution. I'll watch the stacks better tonight, hopefully.
Pillars of Ashla

Sindariel
11.19.2013 , 09:11 AM | #8
Gunslingers/Snipers can also pop their shield around you, if you're out of cooldowns.

Levram
11.19.2013 , 03:18 PM | #9
The goal for our guild on the initial tank swap is three stacks. We then swap off each other whenever our stacks fall off to keep them as low as possible on the tank with aggro.

I have tanked (Powertech), healed (Operative healing an Assassin tank) and DPSed the HM version of this fight. Getting hit for 25K-35K is something that can occasionally happen even when you're trying to do everything right. Our strategy involves having our Operative healer focus on the tanks and our Sorcerer healer deal with the rest of the group. Obviously both healers will help out anyone who needs it, but we've found that having the Operative healer try to keep the tank with aggro "pegged at 100%" prevents the spike deaths. Yes, there are wasted overheals, but we clear the fight and overheals cost less than repair bills. lol

There are several spike-damage boss fights in hard mode Dread Fortress and Dread Palace where our Operative healer tries to follow the "peg at 100%" strategy:

Corruptor Zero, as discussed above
Dread Master Tyrans, through there's a lot of damage that's going out to everyone in this fight
Dread Master Raptus, Phase 3 after the second challenges have been completed. I'm looking at you "Driving Thrust!"
Acuzel (Assassin DPS) Ivs (Operative Healer) Praeco (Powertech Tank)
The Imperial Order
The Shadowlands

VoW_LugNut
11.19.2013 , 07:08 PM | #10
Powertech tank here and this guy rips me in half at anything over 2 stacks. The other tank (Jugg) and I usually swap at 3 stacks to minimize the big hits being a problem. Also, I've found that the healers cleansing the DoTs from Chest Laser and Heavy Slash goes a long way as well.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.