Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Ascending Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Ascending Empire

Beniboybling
11.18.2013 , 04:19 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 1: The Felonious Empire vs The Ascending Empire

Welcome to the first round of the Semi-Finals. The winner of which will claim a prized position amongst the finalists, of whom there will be only one champion.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the Semi-Finals.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: Canino is returning with cabal of felons and imperials, and Aurbere with his righteous army of might. Behold the factions!

The Felonious Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Vader
Second-in-Command: Aruk the Great
Allies: Kir Kanos & Aurra Sing
Supplier: InterGalactic Banking Clan

Military

Minor Ground Force: Sun Guard Legion & Emperor’s Royal Guard
Navy: Zann Consortium Navy

Planets

Capital: Bastion
Supply Base: Muunilinst
Stronghold/Military Base: Yinchorr
Stronghold/Military Base: Mygeeto
Shipyards: Yaga Minor

vs

The Ascending Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Mon Mothma
Second-in-Command: Garm Bel Iblis
Allies: Plo Koon & Obi-Wan Kenobi
Supplier: Techno Union

Military

212th Clone Legion & Imperial Knights
Death Squadron & Thrawn’s Fleet

Planets

Capital: Coruscant
Supply Base: Balmorra
Stronghold/Military Base: Anaxes
Shipyards: Kuat
Shipyards: Coreilla

Both empires have elite armies, powerful Force Users and expansive influence at their disposal – but who is greater, who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

StarSquirrel
11.18.2013 , 11:24 PM | #2
So... I hope I didn't miss anything. *waves sheepishly*

Looks like good guy vs. bad guys so at least defections will be extremely unlikely. It'll be interesting to see if Vader can punch into the core, Aurbere always did have a strangle hold on that...

So I think Obi-wan or Koon will be guarding Mon Mothma at all times... I haven't seen much clone wars cartoon, how does Sing's assassin skills stack up? Also, Vader vs. Obi-wan, admit it, we all want to see how that matchup goes...

Edit: more thoughts, so Vader won't die unless its Obi-wan (or orbital bombardment) imo... as for strategy I thing Aurbere has the skies locked up. Wedge and Garm have fought guerrilla wars and that's what they'll be facing imo. Will mass driver cannons and stealth be enough?
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

Aurbere
11.18.2013 , 11:40 PM | #3
Plo Koon and Obi-Wan probably won't be guarding Mon Mothma unless she aids in the military planning (which she has been known to do). Most likely she will be protected by Imperial Knight Masters.

I'm going to have to think on this one. Silly me, I had been preparing for Star and Warren, not Canino.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.18.2013 , 11:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
It'll be interesting to see if Vader can punch into the core, Aurbere always did have a strangle hold on that...
It's mine... my own... my precious!
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker
11.19.2013 , 03:29 AM | #5
I am thinking I am leaning towards the AE right now I will post why later.

Canino
11.19.2013 , 05:15 AM | #6
I guess my first order of business will be to research if I will have some new, shiny droids fighting for me....

P.S. Sing's got skill. I'll post it later. And if she doesn't succeed, is the master of escape.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Selenial
11.19.2013 , 05:16 AM | #7
Sorry Canino, for what I am about to do.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Selenial
11.19.2013 , 05:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
P.S. Sing's got skill. I'll post it later. And if she doesn't succeed, is the master of escape.
Tell that to Ahsoka Tano.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of my first fanfic, Echoes.

Canino
11.19.2013 , 05:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
So you mean we she drew her pistol and fired it before Ahsoka could draw her lightsaber? Or when even though her ship was destroyed, she survived, and continued to hunt down bounties? And, that entire mission was a failure for one reason- Boba. The FE doesn't have a Boba. It's Sing, and all around her people that would love to die for a success. And, remember, Sing only gets better after her IA training under Vader.

I'll be on my phone for a littler, so only little posts from me.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
11.19.2013 , 06:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Indeed, poor girl got shot in the arm and had to be saved by a Senator... how embarrassing.