Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bind to legacy modification

ScicleX
12.08.2013 , 02:42 PM | #11
Supported, I would promote more toward the Cartel Coin cost as you said with credits it would dwindle the use of the CM for extra gear sets.
Officer, CotP SWTOR PVE The Shadowlands Chapter
Membership Application - Covenant of the Phoenix - Chapter Forums
Republic: Sciclex - Le'sath - Alniyat - Shaula
Empire: Ant-ares - Aplln - Dschubba - Graffias

Phyreblade
12.08.2013 , 03:26 PM | #12
This is a great idea!
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server

Kawabonga
12.09.2013 , 03:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ScicleX View Post
Supported, I would promote more toward the Cartel Coin cost as you said with credits it would dwindle the use of the CM for extra gear sets.
Cheers, i've updated the original post to include the new price

Gwena
12.09.2013 , 01:36 PM | #14
I like the idea of a "bind to legacy" modification item.

Though if not for use on CM items, I probably wouldn't use it much outside of level 50-55 stuff. Maybe to send my awesome looking old Tionese Supercommando set from my Smuggler to my BH or something -- but would that even work, visually? The non-CM gear I love most tends to have faction-locked appearances.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

HeatRacer
12.09.2013 , 01:49 PM | #15
Yeah I'd pay a reasonable amount of cc for this option.

Chrisweaver
12.12.2013 , 04:52 PM | #16
I have seen a few threads like this now, hopefully someone is watching because I would looooooove this feature
Bibidi -Sorcerer 55 Vgeta-Maurader 55
Chreal-Sniper 55 Gorrilla-Powertech 55
Bobidi-Assassin 55 Majin-B-Mercenary 55
Chrst "the risen"-Juggernaut 55 The Bastion

Adhabah
12.15.2013 , 02:34 PM | #17
I really want this feature. A cartel market and or crafted item that will make any adaptive piece in the game a "bind on legacy" piece. I have 16 toons, 1 of each class, on the harbinger, and mirror the classes..so my commando and mercenary for example have the same build and share the same legacy armor that I already have. It would be nice to have this suggested item because, quite frankly, the legacy gear I have to choose from is so limited and I am not happy with the way all my toons look. Part of the appeal of any mmo is to be able to customize your toons appearance to your liking. I think its great that there is gear that is bound to legacy, but the fact that there are so few pieces of legacy gear really takes away from my enjoyment.

I'd also like to note that the primary reason that I don't spend cartel coins on gear that is offered on the cartel market, gear that drops in cartel packs, or gear that is crafted by players is that they are not BOL. The convenience of BOL gear far outweighs my vanity.

While Im on the subject, PLEASE take away the class restrictions from the original legacy gear found on the homeworlds. Some of those pieces look really nice, but they are useless for anything except transferring mods, and that costs way to many credits as it is.

Nebdar
02.14.2014 , 09:41 AM | #18
I support this idea, the full armor/equipment set of bound to legacy
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

Adric_the_Red
02.14.2014 , 11:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Adhabah View Post
I'd also like to note that the primary reason that I don't spend cartel coins on gear that is offered on the cartel market, gear that drops in cartel packs, or gear that is crafted by players is that they are not BOL. The convenience of BOL gear far outweighs my vanity.
Cartel Market gear doesn't need a BtoL option, because in a way, you can bind it to your account, via your Collections. Collect a set, equip it, pay a few coins, and every character on your account, not just your legacy (for folks with characters on more than one server) can get a copy of that set for free.

Kawabonga
02.14.2014 , 12:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Cartel Market gear doesn't need a BtoL option, because in a way, you can bind it to your account, via your Collections. Collect a set, equip it, pay a few coins, and every character on your account, not just your legacy (for folks with characters on more than one server) can get a copy of that set for free.
The piece of gear itself can be acquired multiple times, sure, but the whole point of this is to be able to have the modifications available to the mirror/same classes. Those don't come with the collection unlock, so there's no reason to bring that up