Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bind to legacy modification

Kawabonga
11.17.2013 , 04:26 AM | #1
The game is constantly seeing new "bound to legacy" adaptive stuff added. This is great, but forces people to look alike if they have empire/republic counterparts or same class characters and don't have time to gear both up. Since the option of legacy gear exists, it might as well be more complete, and allow people to have legacy armor while maintaining their favorite look (to a larger extent than now at least).

My suggestion is a "bind to legacy" item of some kind. Just like augment slots are added to items, you'd have to bring the desired piece to a modification station, click on a "bind to legacy" button, consume the "bind to legacy" item (and maybe some credits) and you're good to send your cool stuff over.

This would also be a way to solve the problem that no bound to legacy shield, generator, focus and knife exist, but saber and blaster offhands do. Same for implants, earpieces and relics (if you ever even want these to be BoL, otherwise just forget this little paragraph, and make the item usable on armor only).

I understand the concern that cartel market sales would drop if people could bind to legacy their precious eradicator set or whatever, so i think it would be fair enough if it was usable only on non-cartel market stuff.

I think a fair price for such an item should go anywhere between 40 and 80 cartel market coins, and there should be a bundle with discount (bundle contains X items, pay X-1 items, or an X% permanent discount off of the total price).
The bundle should contain
-14 items if everything could be bound to legacy
-9 items if everything moddable could be bound to legacy
-8 items if everything moddable minus the offhand could be bound to legacy
-7 items if only the armor could be bound to legacy

Thanks for your attention if you ever read or comment this.

Edit: I based the cost i suggested on a wrong assumption about the cartel armor cost. My bad, i should've checked. I'll just quote myself from another thread for the new price and the reasoning because i'm lazy like that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post

I believe the only legacy sets that costs more than a million credits are the "class's" exalted sets, and those aren't even adaptive, and can only be used by the same class, not even the mirror one.
All of the adaptive legacy sets that have been designed to be wearable by any class are very cheap in credits.
Some cartel market armor sets (the ugly ones :P) cost 1440 CC. The full eradicator set costs 1380 CC. Some weapons cost 400 CC, others less (the dual wield ones). That puts us around the 1800 CC mark, excluding offhands. I think a bundle of enough BoL items to create a full set should cost about the same, since BoL equipment already present in the game is so cheap [and limited, not to mention kind of ugly]. After reviewing the prices of CM stuff i think a fair price for the single item would be between 200 and 250 CC.

Theodisus
11.17.2013 , 04:58 AM | #2
Great suggestion.

Darth_A
11.17.2013 , 05:53 AM | #3
Agreed, would be of great benefit if this could be implemented

Saithara
11.17.2013 , 11:14 AM | #4
I would love for this to be implented, would be awesome

CarlosTrevisan
11.17.2013 , 07:09 PM | #5
Great idea!
Lets hopesome Devs read this and show to the BOSS
SWTOR: A single use Color Dye costs the same as the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion
-RISE OF THE HUTT CARTEL: you have: *increased level Cap; *New Skills; *acess to new gear; *expand your Star Wars Saga; *Access to new Elder Game Content; *uncover new devices
-Black and Black Dye Color you can: *paint the torso of an armor

uncle_monty
11.22.2013 , 06:04 AM | #6
Supported, and bumped
"You now understand why an exotic weapon or unfamiliar style will be more difficult to defend against, but until you become an expert in a particular style, in the heat of combat your mind will still struggle to grasp it's limitations."
Dark Lord Kas'im - Darth Bane 1 Path of Destruction

JediRelentless
11.22.2013 , 07:20 AM | #7
Bad idea, bad affect on the in game economy. Greatly increasing the amount of Legacy bound items in the game will kill crafting.

NogueiraA
11.22.2013 , 08:12 AM | #8
Awesome idea. Would solve my problem.
I use to raid on my sentinel and marauder, operative and scoundrel. I dont have time to farm 16 man all day to gear up each of my toons, so I use te legacy adaptive. The problem is that there's no jedi/sith legacy adaptive gear, so my force users looks like a bounty hunter or agent... This is NOT cool.

Developers allow us to make orange and purple gear legacy adaptive paying CC.
Sure cartel market items still the same, bind on equip.
Beta tester/Shadowlands.

Kawabonga
11.22.2013 , 12:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRelentless View Post
Bad idea, bad affect on the in game economy. Greatly increasing the amount of Legacy bound items in the game will kill crafting.
How so? Legacy gear already exists, and it's adaptive as well. If someone has multiple characters of the same kind, chances are he's already using legacy gear. If anything such an item would encourage people to go for a look they like, and consequentially buy augment kits. Not to mention that having the possibility to use their own cool look would be a plus for people considering to create mirror or same alts, which would mean having to maybe buy lower level stuff from the gtn such as earpieces, implants, mods etc etc.

NogueiraA
11.22.2013 , 02:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRelentless View Post
You know what really killed craft? Gear 72 being able to buy using Elite comms.

It's NOT a gear being able to be legacy adaptive that would kill craft, think about it.
Beta tester/Shadowlands.