Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to soloqueue sorc

MidichIorian
11.15.2013 , 12:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
10/10 would bang.

I wonder why we still bother with this game.

I just dont understand why you guys love madness so much? You wanna play a DoT spec? Rerrol smash, force crush is the best DoT in the game.

PS: real secret of soloqing with a sorc is have a (black) dick hanging out of your back.
It's not that people want to play madness, it just happens to be the least crappy spec and it has a convenient root.

Xeraz
11.15.2013 , 01:33 PM | #12
Madness sorcs are fine in solo ranked. (Tbh, I think it might be the best class in the game for carries) Below is a stream from last night where I did some solo queue.

http://www.twitch.tv/matchlessglory/c/3246762

AP PT, Dark Maul Sin and Madness Sorcs are the best class for carrying. AP PT and Dark Maul because they excel extremely well in 3 dps/1 healer setups. Madness because it can perform as a full dps usually and in 4 dps games is almost a healer. Not to mention all 3 of these specs still have the ability to support the team at all times.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

KamujinKravshera
11.15.2013 , 01:37 PM | #13
Another tip. I just realized I was fulling to heal instead of healing to full. Make sure you're not making the same mistake.
I'm paper. Rock is fine. Nerf scissors!

Kamujin - Sage/Sorc Healer - Pot5

Thurinlore
11.15.2013 , 02:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
Madness sorcs are fine in solo ranked. (Tbh, I think it might be the best class in the game for carries) Below is a stream from last night where I did some solo queue.

http://www.twitch.tv/matchlessglory/c/3246762

AP PT, Dark Maul Sin and Madness Sorcs are the best class for carrying. AP PT and Dark Maul because they excel extremely well in 3 dps/1 healer setups. Madness because it can perform as a full dps usually and in 4 dps games is almost a healer. Not to mention all 3 of these specs still have the ability to support the team at all times.
Going to go srs mode for a post, I guess...

Soloqueue is pretty much rng. When you get 2 sins and a sorc on your team, and then play against 3 smashers and a pt, you literally can't carry that as a sorc. Because this is a team game and the population is so small, solo queue will take more than 100 games to accurately reflect your rating.

Example: lost 4 games in a row because I kept fighting 2-3 smashers coupled with 1-2 AP tanks. My team: at least one other sorc, at least 1 sin deception sin. Never a marauder or AP tank. It's pretty simple what the system needs to do, frankly: take the players that were matched together by Elo proximity, then try to avoid stacking classes as much as possible. But, even with that, soloqueue would be a joke because of how low the skillcap is, and how (im)balanced the classes are.

EDIT: Looking at the vod, you lost when you ended up in basically the exact same circumstance that I did, and in the exact same manner. Good crap shoots till the game against Siera, Yoda, and Somnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom though.
Thurinlore
<Casual>

Xeraz
11.15.2013 , 02:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurinlore View Post
EDIT: Looking at the vod, he lost when he ended up in basically the exact same circumstance that I did, and in the exact same manner. Good crap shoots till the game against Siera, Yoda, and Somnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom though.
Yea, can't win em all. I'm just saying it is possible to win and it isn't "entirely" RNG on queues. Good Sorcs, like yourself, can make it happen.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Thurinlore
11.15.2013 , 02:57 PM | #16
Yea, can't win em all. I'm just saying it is possible to win and it isn't "entirely" RNG on queues. Good Sorcs, like yourself, can make it happen.
When all I play is pretty much the match against Yoda, Siera and Somnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomno mnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomn omnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom, it is "entirely" RNG; it would be much less RNG if they did the simple pooling fix, though...
Thurinlore
<Casual>

Laforet
11.15.2013 , 02:59 PM | #17
Extremely good sorcs like him or any marauder / pt yolomode.

When you watch the scoreboard and knows that its going to be (almost) impossible to win because of class roster and not because of the players themselves means something is wrong with the game.

One thing is be afraid of THE MUGEM, another thing is be afraid of stevie because he rolled warrior at the starting screen.

Im ok with being smashed by MUGEM, he does smash me for almost two years now. Well, not smash, in the old days he melted me with annihilation dots. But i get pissed off when i cant play the game because every random marauder targets you. Hell, even horrible classes like concealment ops (all the three of them) bully us.

Question is. Does it worth it? Going to the extremes of masoquism to make it work when we have such obvious flaws? I applaud everyone that tries hard and succeed, but i have chosen not to.

I rolled this class since day one (im a beta tester), my account dates of 09. I have watched several forum purges. I think this game has excellent potential to be a fun game. The class have interesting desigs (to a point). Cover mechanic is a good addition to MMOs (IMHO) and the sorc class has fun and engaging mechanics.

I play games to have fun. From the bottom of my heart i would like to have fun with SWTOR. Im a huge fan of the game and i want it to be sucessful but that is as far as i can go.

The bottom line is i dont have fun playing my sage, EVEN WHEN I WIN. So i wont. I will PvE and get datacrons for like 13 alts and troll people in regs until i can main my sage and dont feel strained after a pug PvP session.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Umbradomina
11.15.2013 , 03:16 PM | #18
QFT

Sparkler of Pot5
Old age and treachery will usually win out over youth and skill.

Monterone
11.15.2013 , 05:13 PM | #19
Pretty funny original post.

Sadly, it's true. People say -- well, you have to be lucky to get a good team that will support you as a sorc. How come other classes require much less luck to be effective?
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Phinub
11.15.2013 , 06:58 PM | #20
Trick is to bore your enemies by not dying, while you heroically support your team during god bubble.
Perí
The Red Eclipse