Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hands-on with SWTOR's Galactic Starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Hands-on with SWTOR's Galactic Starfighter

wpdildine
12.03.2013 , 09:00 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
Damn bro, you a TWA pilot or something? I guess I kinda have an idea where you are coming from though, after 2007 and Modern Warfare I've been very picky about the shooters I play.
No, he's right. This is the first dog fighting game I've played since wing commander. And this is messed up. You can't play the game with a controller. Remember, people wanting to play this game played the original X-Wing -- this is NO X-Wing Sir.

morfius
12.04.2013 , 08:32 AM | #192
I hope if they even enable pad/stick support in GS at least to separate all players using those in different queue.
(Analog control could never be emulated with digital one - digitizing analog one is easy as joke).
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Quraswren
12.04.2013 , 09:10 AM | #193
While joystick control would be a good addition, I don't really need it.

We had a good time last running all the ships, finding out what we all liked as a guild and having an even better time actually playing the GSF. It was very refreshing.

It does need a little more work but we are in early access and it's just been released so I expect things to change.

Our only real concern that came up was finding out if there was a fleet com cap. We could see even last night, some people playing GSF all day, having tons of coms and out gearing everyone.

While even if you just played your 2 games a day and 7 a week you can eventually even the playing field but there should be a com cap.

Other than that, we had a good time and it was a nice change of pace from our regular PVP matches.