Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I maximize my current gear?

Raibushido
11.14.2013 , 11:29 AM | #1
Hey all, I have a questions for those of you that have very highly rated PVE gear(168+ rating). I already really like the gear I have so I would like to know if it's possible to rip the mods from the ultimate gear and put it in my current set. And sorry about posting in this specific forum but I felt it pertained to PVE seeing as that's what I'm going to be doing with this gear.

WolfpackAW
11.14.2013 , 11:35 AM | #2
You can always remove item modifications from one piece and put it in another piece. However, there are a couple of caveats:
1. Obviously, any gear you want to add a modification to must be modifiable in the first place.
2. There is a cost for removing each Armoring, Mod, Enhancement or Augment you want to remove. The cost scales up with the level of the Armoring, Mod, Enhancement, etc.
3. Armorings specifically, can only be placed into another item of the same type. Once you remove an armoring from say, boots, that armoring can then ONLY be placed in another pair of boots. This also applies to hilts and barrels. Also, be VERY careful about the moving around of barrels, as (if I recall correctly) shotgun barrels DO NOT work in blaster rifles.
Istari - 55 Sage Seer, Jedi Covenant
Durnik - 55 Vanguard Tank, Jedi Covenant
Somera - 55 Combat Sentinel, Jedi Covenant
Laralanthalasa - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Jedi Covenant

Raibushido
11.14.2013 , 11:48 AM | #3
Thanks for the reply, you answered my question perfectly.