Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmodes across the board are just too difficult

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Hardmodes across the board are just too difficult

Darth_Blight
11.13.2013 , 06:36 PM | #1
8 man ops and those flaming czerka flashppoints all need a serious nerf in the hard mode department.
No I'm not an incompetent noob, yes I know how to play.

The ops work fine in 16 man, but frankly the 8 man mechanics need to be toned down.
Building a 16 man mechanic then trying to shoehorn it into an 8 man clearly doesn't work.

I am sick to death of this impossible crap.

Deposit your flames below

rantboi
11.13.2013 , 06:40 PM | #2
but I like the czerka flashpoints as they are

Darth_Blight
11.13.2013 , 06:45 PM | #3
They are just too punishing unless you overgear the hell out of them and I'm sick of things being designed that way.

recsa
11.13.2013 , 06:55 PM | #4
mmm troll?
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Darth_Blight
11.13.2013 , 06:56 PM | #5
No I really feel that way

If I were trolling I'd have come up with something better

VigDiath
11.13.2013 , 06:58 PM | #6
I was able to tank Czerka successfully on my Shadow, Guardian and PT when they first came out. I was sitting around 30k to 34k health around that time.

I healed both of them on my Sorc and Sage sitting at around 26k HP starting out and most recently on my Operative which hit 55 a few weeks ago.

Not even going to mention my DPS toons. Point is, they are only difficult if you make them difficult. I'll give you an example. An apparent fresh 55 Vanguard sitting at around 30k health decides to tank the desert boss without moving him to the barrels. We died probably 2 times before he got it right AFTER we explained it to him (with me taunting the boss to the barrel on my Shadow). Same thing with the other boss in the simulation zone. We explained the fights and eventually he got it. Will he wipe 2-3 times again? Only if someone in the group does not know the mechanics.

These are easy fights with the exception of the droid in the water which can be a pain to heal but it can be done.

HM 8 Man ops is different story. They are meant to be challenging and they are but if you work as a team can be done without much issue at all.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

USCG_Davis
11.13.2013 , 07:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Blight View Post
8 man ops and those flaming czerka flashppoints all need a serious nerf in the hard mode department.
No I'm not an incompetent noob, yes I know how to play.

The ops work fine in 16 man, but frankly the 8 man mechanics need to be toned down.
Building a 16 man mechanic then trying to shoehorn it into an 8 man clearly doesn't work.

I am sick to death of this impossible crap.

Deposit your flames below
0/10 If you think the HM OPS are too hard; you need a new game. This game needs harder content along the lines of NiM EC Kephess, NiM DG's, NiM OP 9, NiM Thrasher, and NiM Styrak. Every thing else in this game is faceroll easy and quite frankly boring after the first clear of it.
Atrýss
Geag SKT'T-one Ătriss

Darth_Blight
11.13.2013 , 07:51 PM | #8
I'm not talking about NiM stuff, thats supposed to be harder than hell.

The hard modes need to be nerfed

Spamfritter
11.13.2013 , 07:57 PM | #9
The issue isn't the flashpoints or the operations but rather the idiots in the PUG groups.

The flashpoints and operations can be difficult to impossible with some of the PUGs you get through GF or on fleet but these things are not difficult with a competent group. The gear requirements shown for each flash point or operation are generally pretty accurate though people insist on ignoring them.

We don't need the game to be any easier than it already is. We need people to learn how to play.
CE VIP

Sturjus
11.13.2013 , 08:31 PM | #10
Hmmmm.... HARD Modes being hard....