Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cademimu last boss bugged?

Bainwen
01.04.2012 , 04:44 AM | #21
Well the exploit is now fixed, but no information whetever the bugged missile fires are fixed.

The way you know if this is going to be bugged is that you start getting fire damage even before you start the fight and in random spots around the fight area.

ktkenshinx
01.04.2012 , 08:51 AM | #22
I am going to be extremely upset if they did not fix the "room full of invisible fire" bug, because currently the only way to get around that is to pull Ortol from the room.

Klockradio
01.04.2012 , 09:30 AM | #23
Yeah, he's very bugged. You can still kill him with some "clever use of game mechanics" though.. ;-)

Crionos
01.04.2012 , 10:28 AM | #24
My group had this same issue... We had him down to 5K health and then all of a sudden we were all dead on the first attempt. We thought maybe he had some sort of AoE debuff that went off when he was near death. Next attempt same thing happened at 2.5K health, only this time when we came back into the room, before ever even aggro'ing the boss, we would all start burning until we left the rocket room and walked back into the corridor. We fixed this by sacrificing a DPS to the fire. This killed the burning bug. But both myself and the sacrificial DPS bugged out on it with 20K health left in the 3rd attempt. My healer and Commando DPS were able to two man him all the way down without any further issues. I can promise you in all cases we were well out of the fire, but I did notice that if someone was on fire they would pass the debuff to teammates as well.

Whats sad is this fight has no sense of fairness because the graphics do not match the actual burning mechanic. For the most part it does but other parts it does not. I would think this is something that the devs would have found in there extensive Beta testing.

Any comments from BW on this anywhere?

Nightdragoon
01.04.2012 , 06:33 PM | #25
ecactly I dont care if they make it so you can't pull him out of the room, so its "fair for the boss" but I want it to be more fair for the players because of a bugged bossfight where the flames are still going and, are invisable to know where they are coming from.

I think the fairness should always side on the players side of the table and not the NPC's side. Because its the players who will give you money to play, not the NPC =p
When it comes to endgame progression ; DPSing is Fun, Healing is Responsibility, Tanking is Work

marshalleck
01.04.2012 , 08:34 PM | #26
It's absolutely retarded that they fixed players exploiting the boss, but they left the boss free to exploit players.

Pull your heads out, Bioware.

Anduiin
01.05.2012 , 12:00 AM | #27
Confirmed, you guys fixed the exploit against boss but went in with a group and could not beat him. Random fire hitting us the moment we enter, we kill 1 guy to kill it then try again. Midway through fight we're downing him fast, everyone hit by random fire, no fire jets firing, everyone dies. We try it 3 more times and the same thing happens through various % of health for the boss.

Just remove the fire until you can fix it and make it a normal tank and spank.

DurbanX
01.05.2012 , 05:19 AM | #28
Did this last night for the first time. We wiped initially on the last boss, due to too many taking fire damage. We also suffered from the bug where you catch fire, just standing at the entrance to the room before pulling the boss, but that stopped when we entered and stood in a corner of the room.
We eventually killed him on our 5th attempt, just by good observation and group movement. Fighting him in the corner of the "safe" quadrant, helped considerably.

Crionos
01.05.2012 , 08:27 AM | #29
I reran the instance last night and had no bugs occur on this run. My guild is currently running this consistently since we are all around the same level. I wold suspect we'll discover the bug again in the near future, but as of last nights attempt we had no issues whatsoever.. other then a lazy dps getting himself locked out of the room

vindianajones
01.05.2012 , 08:57 AM | #30
This is most definitely bugged since the patch. I did Cademimu multiple times and this boss was not a problem as long as you avoided the correct quarters. Last night, however, we tried to run through with a few of our friends who needed gear from it. Tank and healer were well outleveled (40ish) for the zone.

Attempt #1: Walk into room. Entire group is set on fire. Healer frantically tries to save people but burns to death. So does everyone else.

Attempt #2: Walk into room. Safe for now. Engage the boss. Entire group is set on fire. Healer frantically tries to save people but burns to death. So does everyone else.

Attempt #3: Walk into room. Safe for now. Engage the boss. Run around like madmen trying to find a spot that the fire doesn't affect. Doesn't work. Entire group is set on fire. Healer frantically tries to save people but burns to death. So does everyone else.

There is certainly a problem here.