Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cademimu last boss bugged?

Shammus
12.28.2011 , 06:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoekron View Post
Hey weird thing happened -

The last boss of Cademimu is based largely around the "rocket engine" mechanic, where a quarter of the battlefield at any one point will be on fire and kill players that linger in it. Makes good sense, right?

The problem that we ran into tonight was that the animation for the fire did not necessarily jive with the actual locations of the fire zones. So the fire effect would be present in zones not visually being burned up by rocket engines, and the players would die.

This didn't occur on every attempt, so we were able to defeat the boss, but it occurred on the majority of attempts.

Anyone else running into this?
i'm not sure if its bugged but definitely able to finish.. there are lights or steam that should show up under each of the 4 rockets that whole group needs to move asap to the one that's not lit up.. it gets pretty hectic, and I think the higher level you are and the more dps you're doing the more often those things happen (not confirmed) but it seemed alot quicker running @ higher level then a lower level.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Alegoss
12.28.2011 , 08:03 AM | #12
well i know when you start the fight that, the more you dps him down the faster he calls on the rockets to be fired!

what i did experience is when you kill him on the steam effect the event stops but invisible damage still ticks

some party members died because of that while looting ^^

the best thing you can do is report the issue and remember where the smoke was go stand on the free spot and wait a bit

Omnitheo
12.28.2011 , 11:59 AM | #13
I ran this with my guild, we had no problem until this boss.

First two attempts: Our party wiped nearly instantly. We knew about the flames, and moved as fast as we could once we saw steam, but it seemed the damage and animations were off, as my party would start taking massive damage and dropping even when they were nowhere near the fire, or had made it out of the area long before the steam stopped.

3rd attempt: our juggernaught and marauder died almost instantly from same problem. Our powertech, and me as healer merc managed to stay alive, we got boss to 5k health, before finally we succumbed to the invisible fire ourselves.

4th attempt: As soon as we entered the room, we caught on fire, this was before we'd even aggroed the boss. We'd step back out of the room, heal up, walk back in, and toast again. We couldn't finish this FP, and half the members don't ever want to try again...

Hairyzac
12.28.2011 , 12:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shammus View Post
i'm not sure if its bugged but definitely able to finish.. there are lights or steam that should show up under each of the 4 rockets that whole group needs to move asap to the one that's not lit up.. it gets pretty hectic, and I think the higher level you are and the more dps you're doing the more often those things happen (not confirmed) but it seemed alot quicker running @ higher level then a lower level.
The fight can definitely be bugged for some. Not sure if it is always bugged or if it is just most of the time or some of the time. All I know is I did it during the beta with no issues. You could see the fire, and there were indications where it will fly up next. I did this fight on live last night, and before you even aggro the boss people are dying from invisible fire. So you are wrong the fight can definitely be bugged for some/most.

The fix that worked for my group, was I just had our lowest dps run in and aggro the boss. Boss kills that guy, then boss comes through the closed door and we 3 manned him without having to deal with dying to invisible fire since we were in the tunnel. Until they fix the major bug on this encounter, this is the only way to complete it when it bugs out.

Cyrana
12.28.2011 , 06:10 PM | #15
Also got the full AoE each time we entered.

I would use Disappearing Act to keep from dying myself but even if I ressed guys into the hallway they would RESS with the debuff too. We found out by random he would run through closed doors and 3 manned him w/no tank.

Please fix.

Bainwen
01.03.2012 , 03:16 PM | #16
And bugged again today when tried on teh progenitor server, aoe damage without any indication of fire from the missiles on the roof.

Kasnova
01.03.2012 , 03:26 PM | #17
I ran through the fight about 3 times. Never had any problems. You mention only 1 quarter of the space on fire at one time. I found that the first time, only 1 engine goes off. The second time, 2 go off, and the third time 3 out of 4 are going. Maybe you're issue is that you assume it's only one and stand under a rocket that really is about to go off. Either that or your graphics are bugging out.

Bainwen
01.03.2012 , 03:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kasnova View Post
I ran through the fight about 3 times. Never had any problems. You mention only 1 quarter of the space on fire at one time. I found that the first time, only 1 engine goes off. The second time, 2 go off, and the third time 3 out of 4 are going. Maybe you're issue is that you assume it's only one and stand under a rocket that really is about to go off. Either that or your graphics are bugging out.
Yea this is the non-bugged way, it is supposed to be.

Bugged way it burns in random places and more then 1 place at a time and it wont burn under where the animation is.

Gerudan
01.03.2012 , 09:34 PM | #19
When I killed this boss two weeks ago, the whole group suddenly died after we already killed the boss and were sorting out the loot.

Canarith
01.03.2012 , 11:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dartmed View Post
Same thing happened to my group so we got around it .....

Easy mode --> Pull hil in the coridore .... The dore will close but he will walk through , then you fight him there tank and spank . He yells "Keep firing..." but no fire debuff
Thanks for letting us know you exploited the encounter :P.