<Saberwing> is recruiting pilots!

Hanak

Saberwing is purchasing a guild flagship! The cash is on hand and we are going to have some fun.

Perhaps you've seen us hanging around Ilum - we love events!

Feel free to contact us through the channel /cjoin SBR

Currently eager to invite pilots into the wing (or have you join us on Teamspeak) so we can field and coordinate a superb team to give those Imps a run for their money. We often have a small group together or on Strike Night coordinate 8 Sabers plus to fly.

Our Past:

Saberwing is a Republic guild that has been around for approximately 16 years. Our roots were based in AOL roleplay that centered around X-wing vs. TIE fighter gameplay. We grew, expanded, and became a dominating force in some old school leaderboards I doubt anyone here remembers. We continued our piloting tradition into Star Wars: Galaxies.

As always - Our guild motto and only rule is this: 'Return with Honor'

Known for our helpfulness, respect, and jovial nature - we continue that here in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

A core of us spent some time in the PTS and wish we could talk about our experiences. Our excitement though is over-the-top!

Our Present:

The best way to describe Saberwing's playstyle would be this: Saberwing does what Saberwing wants to do.

Saberwing currently has:

• 8-16 members on in the evenings. Many of us are Eastern/Central with a few in the Pacific timezones. There are some Germans and a crazy (he prefers eccentric) Dane and a couple other Europeans also in guild.
  • 2-6 Dedicated PvPers that group on a regular basis each night. They would love some more company. Sunday evening is our dedicated lowbie PvP time! That's a whole lotta fun!
  • 4-8 Dedicated PvEers that do flashpoints/ops/dailies on a regular basis. Ops usually take place during the weekend.
  • We don't really RP but we'd love to have some inventive members grow this area of our guild once again. We have an impressive RP/story section on our forums.

The PvPers do some PvE, the PvEers do some PvP, we have fun and shoot stuff in the face!

Contact Us:

Please connect with Hanak (recruitment officer), Kirby (guild leader), or Jaxio (PvP awesome sauce) about joining.

We can also be reached at our own forums @ Saberwing Website and our own Teamspeak3 Server that can host an unlimited amount of players.

Edited by Hanak

• 3 weeks later...

We've had a few pilots from XvT and SWG join up with Saberwing in the last few weeks.

On top of that, we've opened up our TeamSpeak server for any pilot who would like to coordinate. The channels can be altered so any guild who would like to have their own channel for their wing can - please contact Hanak (me) to do that.

TeamSpeak 3

Address: sabercult.com

Password: darkbluecheese

Note: I'm relatively new to this set up, so please tell me if you have any suggestions or their are any issues!

Edited by Hanak

If you're still interested (and Hanak hasn't already talked to you) I should be on my toons sometime tonight trying out the new GS pvp and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Sounds good! I will try to get in touch with you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Saberwing for recruiting me! Unfortunately I am looking for a guild involved actively in just about all aspects of the game but I appreciate that you guys brought me in! To any one who is considering trying to join, I definitely recommend Saberwing. Especially if you're looking to be active in the new GSF warzones. They have some of the best pilots on the Republic side for sure.

Valacor - I hope you don't mind if I call on you if we need a tank for something? We enjoyed the time you spent with us!

Right now we usually have a crew of 4, sometimes upward of 8 folks queuing into GSF - it's dominating our time right now for sure!

Current Outlook:

Regular WZ queues on our side have been to a group of 2 lately (GSF is where we are having fun :p)

Flashpoints have mostly been on weekends.

Thursday - 16 man SNV with New OutRiders - had some fun there!

Friday - 8 man HM DF and DP with our progression crew

Saturday - 8 man DF and geared up some players

Monday - Classic ops (TBD for this evening)

Valacor - I hope you don't mind if I call on you if we need a tank for something? We enjoyed the time you spent with us!

Right now we usually have a crew of 4, sometimes upward of 8 folks queuing into GSF - it's dominating our time right now for sure!

Current Outlook:

Regular WZ queues on our side have been to a group of 2 lately (GSF is where we are having fun :p)

Flashpoints have mostly been on weekends.

Thursday - 16 man SNV with New OutRiders - had some fun there!

Friday - 8 man HM DF and DP with our progression crew

Saturday - 8 man DF and geared up some players

Monday - Classic ops (TBD for this evening)

I'd love it if you did contact me if you needed me! I know part of me not doing much more with you guys besides GSF was on me. It was really just hard being in a different guild, I saw in you guys what I had with my long time guild. So I got in touch with whoever was still around in my old guild and went back. I deleted your Ts3 info out of respect, but if we are to do any thing together in the future it's probably good I have it. So if you would mail Valacor the info and I will certainly keep in touch!

We have had a few guild merge with us over the years - it's always an option too. :D

Part of me knows that would be an awesome idea, but RiStL has a lot of pride, I was in a guild in SWG that actually merged with RiStL and that's how I came to join them. RiStL always had down times occasionally in the past but we never dissolved. Being allies so to speak would be great though!

We've had a few pilots from XvT and SWG join up with Saberwing in the last few weeks.

On top of that, we've opened up our TeamSpeak server for any pilot who would like to coordinate. The channels can be altered so any guild who would like to have their own channel for their wing can - please contact Hanak (me) to do that.

TeamSpeak 3

Address: sabercult.com

Password: sfs

Note: I'm relatively new to this set up, so please tell me if you have any suggestions or their are any issues!

Hey! I'm currently away from my gaming comp, but when I get back I'm looking forward to grouping up with some people instead of going at GSF solo. Really cool that you opened it up to the public!

Howdy!

Right now my main is on Begeren Colony, but I've had some alts on Ebon Hawk before. I'm thinking of rebuilding my main over here, mainly because the culture seems to be better on the Republic side and you have lots of organized GSF activity (like this guild).

What I want to know is this: is Saberwing OK with casual players? I'm probably on for somewhere between 10-15 hours a week, mostly in the weekends. Between work and college courses, when the new semester comes up 10 hours will probably be the maximum I can offer. I'll probably level up primarily through GSF and PVP, so you could expect to see a lot of me in guild activities.

Because of how little time I spend in game, especially on weekdays, I've been playing the game solo for the time I've been on here, but I'm really interested in finding a relaxed guild environment that will except casual (and slightly introverted) players.

Saberwing would be more than happy to take you!

We've been known to be 'too casual' at times - so you'd fit right in. Most of us have families, jobs, work, kids, etc. that come first. We understand and respect that first and foremost.

Thanks Hanak! That sounds like exactly the right environment for me. I'll try to connect with you in-game tomorrow, as I'll probably be off-and-on throughout the afternoon.

I did a little GSF on Ebon Hawk today: you've got a lot of good gunship pilots over here! Honestly I'm not very good a Starfighter yet, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. My plan is to get my Star Guard equipped for taking down gunships, and attacking turreted sats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...