Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency Issues? Read First

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Latency Issues? Read First

Eroyz
12.21.2011 , 11:04 PM | #1
I have been playing WoW for 8 years, it has been public for 7. I was part of the testing for it as I was for SWTOR. I discovered a latency issue some years ago and found that there was a fix for it in WoW. This little thing was great, it helped lower my ping and my latency was finally fixed. Well now I'm using it with SWTOR and I suggest if you have latency issues to use this small program. It is virus free and scanned by WoWHead.com when it was originally uploaded.

If you have questions or need help I'll try to help as much as I can.

I also posted this in the new players help forum as this has been an issue I have noticed with new players in general chat and on the forums.

Without further ado, the download link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1-2.0.2.0.html

Cheers and I hope this fixes everyones latency issue.
Join me for free subscription time and exclusive rewards. Just click here to use me as a referral. Coming back after nearly 2 years of not playing.

Nearsteel
01.16.2012 , 05:30 PM | #2
This is sure to work?

Lavath
01.16.2012 , 05:37 PM | #3
The mod/plugin/tool/whatever that is linked basically just makes some settings in the registry without you having to mess with it. I believe it basically does the following:

Spoiler
(Disclaimer: Always take caution when changing the registry =P )

This is something that I did a few years back to help with latency issues, in other games, and found that it did actually help. I also found that using OpenDNS.org's DNS servers also helped. It's free and pretty simple to use. No, you don't need to sign up for the service to use their DNS servers as opposed to your own ISP's DNS servers.

Both of these things helped improve my latency times for other games. If it doesn't seem like it's helping you, you can always revert the fix.

Asulynn
01.16.2012 , 05:53 PM | #4
Posting to confirm that it helps in most cases where I have suggested it to others. However, fair warning for those with limited monthly bandwidth caps, it does tend to use more of it in general; not much, but enough. Just something to be aware of.

Appelholm
01.23.2012 , 10:23 AM | #5
Leatrix did not work for me in SWTOR. Thou I can comfirm it did work when I played wow. Usualy I had 180ms, with the fix it dropped down to 80 ms. helped me alot in pvp.

BTW, is there any ports to forward in SWTOR wich could help alittle with the MS problem?

And could someone help me with a small guide how OpenDNS.org works?
(████████████████████]⋥|)▤▤▤▤▤▤(|⋤[████████████████████)